Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Some BMs concept that thai guys are lazy can be so wrong

Well I have just had the house repainted .

Verdict ,happy with their work and happy with the price .

It took 3 men working 4 days to complete ,Men started on the dot at 8am ,took only one break for lunch

which lasted 1/2 hour.

Very impressed with their work ,the prep work and the painting.

For the primer and paint ,which i bought cost 9400 bhts

The painters cost was 8000 bhts

So the total cost of the job was 17400 bhts which i think is very good.

Mind you I did get one quote by one man he wanted 75000 bhts ,think he was taking the piss for sure,or he quoted a high price as he did not want the job.

Now the men who did paint my house are very happy because there is 3 others who live on my estate now wants these men to paint they houses now

My_Rented_house_after_repaint_Jan_22nd_2011_002.jpg

My_Rented_house_after_repaint_Jan_22nd_2011_005.jpg

My_Rented_house_after_repaint_Jan_22nd_2011_009.jpg

My_Rented_house_after_repaint_Jan_22nd_2011_010.jpg

My_Rented_house_after_repaint_Jan_22nd_2011_013.jpg

My_Rented_house_after_repaint_Jan_22nd_2011_015.jpg

My_Rented_house_after_repaint_Jan_22nd_2011_016.jpg

My_Rented_house_after_repaint_Jan_22nd_2011_022.jpg

My_Rented_house_after_repaint_Jan_22nd_2011_028.jpg

When I opened Banana Bar on New Plaza we redecorated the bar.... when we talked to the decorators they quoted it would take 10 days to do it...... I told them I needed it done in 4 and it actually took them 3 days to complete. And they did a great job of it....

That's a nice looking house, Dr Mick. Did you have that built or did you buy it built?

I rent the house from a thai lady who live in Australia ,the house is about 8 years old

I pay 10000 bhts a month

I ask the lady if I could arrange to have house painted as it was started to look a bit tied

She says no problem and please arrange payment and do not pay rent for next two months.

I agreed ,so both parties happy.

You paid them roughly 650 Baht per person per day. With this you created a win-win situation. They have a good salary and you are happy with the work.

By the way, who developed the colour scheme i.e. the white lines here and there etc. Did you ask permission to change the colour from white to (partly) reddish ?

You paid them roughly 650 Baht per person per day. With this you created a win-win situation. They have a good salary and you are happy with the work.

By the way, who developed the colour scheme i.e. the white lines here and there etc. Did you ask permission to change the colour from white to (partly) reddish ?

The colour scheme was made by me ,land lady said i lived there so you can choose.

Was not 650 bhts per person per day as the boss of the painters ,who did all the paint estimating ,instructions to his men and did all the finale touching up takes 50% and other 2 men share the other 50%

Looks good Mick and I'm sure the land lady would have been happy with the colour scheme.

When the son goes back to Thailand he and his girlfriend will be painting our house in Chaiyaphum so you have given me a excellent idea of how much the paint will cost. Ours is only a single storey 3 * 1, raw concrete so needs sealing first. Thanks.

• 1 month later...