Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

i begin my normal early year 3 week pilgrimage next week, it would seem that the marines are going to be in town too..Im all for sharing but us older guys wont get much of a look in while these fellas are around. :thumbup

anyone know the dates from and to when they will be in town?..I also understand they have a midnight curfew.

Edited by pattaya_mad
i begin my normal early year 3 week pilgrimage next week, it would seem that the marines are going to be in town too..Im all for sharing but us older guys wont get much of a look in while these fellas are around. :hairout

anyone know the dates from and to when they will be in town?..I also understand they have a midnight curfew.

I was there last year when Cobra Gold was going on. The service personnel didn't cause me any problem at all. One bar tried to charge a higher bar fine, but we were able to work through that. I will be there again this year as my trip Pattaya will overlap the exercise once again. There website said the exercise will be from the 7-18 of February.

Have a good trip!

I don't get it, it can't be that much of an influx of people can it? At the same time wouldn't think they would about all night and day as I would assume they will have the exercise to attend to while they are in town. As i have never been in town during this, but I will be here this year and these is smack in the middle of my holiday, hoping it doesn't totally put things out of wack. I just don't think it will but if people who have been around before could give some insight.

Been there a couple of times when it’s overlapped my trip. No problem at all never altered my plans or changed my night out because of them. As others have said it’s easy to avoid them if you wish.

I'll secon... thir.... er, confirm all of the above. Cobra Gold time at its very, very busiest is barely seen in Pattaya, and then only if you're looking for it. If you can't get chicks during Cobra Gold, then you can't get them ever.

I have been in town several times during CG, and like many have said there is only a minor effect on the town. I think the biggest thing is that you see more military types in town. They will be on the street and in the gogos, but rarely do they BF the girls out from all the regular visitors. Most usually return to their ship etc at the end of the day, and are just in town for a bit of R&R.

To be honest most of the men in uniform are MUCH better behaved than the average tourist/punter. If you take the time to talk to them you will find that they are a great group of guys. Take the opportunity when you are in a bar to buy a round for the service men at the table next to you. They appreciate it, and if you are like me it will make you feel great.

If for some reason, you don't like the military, as others have said - they can be avoided. But for me, I'd rather thank them for their service ( and have a good party at the same time)

Zeus

If you take the time to talk to them you will find that they are a great group of guys. Take the opportunity when you are in a bar to buy a round for the service men at the table next to you. They appreciate it, and if you are like me it will make you feel great.

Well said. The U.S. military guys I've met in Pattaya weren't particularly interested in mongering or drinking. They asked about cultural sites, ordinary tourist attractions or things like shopping, movie theaters and even miniature golf!!! They weren't exactly the beer-drinking, blood-pissing and quiff-banging type of Marine, at least off-duty.

Evil

:clueless

I have been in town several times during CG, and like many have said there is only a minor effect on the town. I think the biggest thing is that you see more military types in town. They will be on the street and in the gogos, but rarely do they BF the girls out from all the regular visitors. Most usually return to their ship etc at the end of the day, and are just in town for a bit of R&R.

To be honest most of the men in uniform are MUCH better behaved than the average tourist/punter. If you take the time to talk to them you will find that they are a great group of guys. Take the opportunity when you are in a bar to buy a round for the service men at the table next to you. They appreciate it, and if you are like me it will make you feel great.

If for some reason, you don't like the military, as others have said - they can be avoided. But for me, I'd rather thank them for their service ( and have a good party at the same time)

Zeus

Ditto

never seen any problem.

always enough girls to go around.

this question comes up every year............. while i can understand the 'average' fat and old monger would feel a bit eclipsed. even a little jealous of the gi's........ just accept that.........pattaya is a theme park you can't have it all to yourself but that even at it's busiest you never have to queue up for the rides.

enjoy yourself pat pete......you will still get some 'hello handsome man' comments.

re-reading this it looks like i fell off the 'tact scale'.......it is not my assumption that you are old or rotund pp. no offence intended.

Edited by atlas2
never seen any problem.

always enough girls to go around.

this question comes up every year............. while i can understand the 'average' fat and old monger would feel a bit eclipsed. even a little jealous of the gi's........ just accept that.........pattaya is a theme park you can't have it all to yourself but that even at it's busiest you never have to queue up for the rides.

enjoy yourself pat pete......you will still get some 'hello handsome man' comments.

re-reading this it looks like i fell off the 'tact scale'.......it is not my assumption that you are old or rotund pp. no offence intended.

Er, that's pattaya_mad, not PattayaPete up there. :D

Er, that's pattaya_mad, not PattayaPete up there. :D

that's almost as embarrassing as when i got caught sniffing my mates wife's knickers..........she was wearing them at the time..........it made the atmosphere of the rest of her funeral quite awkward. :whistling:

Found a lot of the lads fun and upbeat ,

keen to talk and mostly respectful , liked by the girls and loved by the street vendors ,

in fact added a nice dynamic to my trip .

Joe

Edited by gs joe

never have been in pattaya during cobra gold but i was in phuket once when an aircraft carrier and 2 troop carriers arrived in town.

we started out drinking with 2 marines and ended up in a club with about 400 of them.

it was one of the best sessions we ever had,we only left the club at 8am because the 2 guys had to go back on duty, if i recall correctly the marines we met were from u.s.s boxer and i apologise to the 2 guys for forgetting their names but if you went on the piss with 3 fat irish lads back in 2001, we salute you.

cheers

that's almost as embarrassing as when i got caught sniffing my mates wife's knickers..........she was wearing them at the time..........it made the atmosphere of the rest of her funeral quite awkward. :whistling:

I'd say you just made up for it with this post. :D

Good luck to these servicemen - they are young, virile guys with their whole lives ahead of them (unlike yours truly, who has a great future behind him). I'm frankly amazed at the good manners, friendliness and discipline of those I've had the pleasure to encounter on e.g. WS, Soi 8 in previous years. If these are typical products of the US armed forces, then the latter are definitely doing something right by their country and indeed the sane world IMHO. Long may that continue, and these attributes combined with clearsighted leadership and sheer professionalism will always win out in the end against the chaos that is rapidly coming about in the world. Buy the young buggers a drink guys, and thank the great architect of the universe that we have them and their ironclads on our side.

Zeus

Agreed! Suppoeting those who defend our freedom is important. And can make you feel good - in many ways

Some time back I posted below:

http://www.pattayatalk.com/forums/index.ph...ic=45058&hl=cobra+gold

QUOTE (spike @ Oct 23 2009, 01:46 PM)

...and you see a lot of sailorettes in the mix now too

Years ago, after the beginning of the Iraq War I was in the Silver Star on Soi 8. Sat with a group of marines, including 2 females. Talked, bought them a couple of rounds. A sergeant had the hots for one of the girls, I paid the barfine for him.

One of the female marines joked "are you going to pay mine". I said sure! She hopped on my lap. I thought she was joking. She wasn't.

Within 20 minutes we were in my room at the Flipper Lodge! She was not beautiful, but attractive. Black, an incredibly voluptuous body. In less than an hour she had me begging for mercy. Wore me out. By far the best lay I have ever had in Thailand

I was in Bacara wednesday nite and in walks in three young falangs with a thai guy. They have seperate bills and nothing for the thai. I later found out from the girls that they came from Sattahip and the thai was a taxi driver. The falangs were americians and here for Cobra Gold.

So maybe the advance parties have already arrived.

Don't know about your foursome but the advance parties began at least last September that I know of. In a way, I think, there's almost always an advance party here.

I was in Bacara wednesday nite and in walks in three young falangs with a thai guy. They have seperate bills and nothing for the thai. I later found out from the girls that they came from Sattahip and the thai was a taxi driver. The falangs were americians and here for Cobra Gold.

Definitely a few groups of young American military types about in the last 2 or 3 days. They all seemed to be enjoying the attention :)

Don't know about your foursome but the advance parties began at least last September that I know of. In a way, I think, there's almost always an advance party here.

Including me and the girl that was sitting with me , it would make it a six-some. :D

The americians were generally well bahaved and you see they were just SO SO happy to be there. 555555

• 3 weeks later...

There seemed to be an awful lot of Cobra Golders in WS last evening. Airport (or is that Airplane?) was overwhelmed by them. There was even more testosterone than smoke in the atmosphere there.

This is not as well-behaved a group as in visits past. I went into a couple of gogos where the servicemen were jumping on the stage...something they should know better than to do. One guy spewed vomit on the front steps of a massage parlor and was arguing with the female proprietor about payment for his 2 foot square mess(she wanted 70b for cleanup). Another guy came into FLB with a girl, ordered a beer and an orange juice for the girl, refused to pay and told the waitress the girl would pay and walked out. The girl refused to pay and we were left with a couple of open drinks.

It's a much more unruly crowd this year, IMHO.

This is not as well-behaved a group as in visits past. I went into a couple of gogos where the servicemen were jumping on the stage...something they should know better than to do. One guy spewed vomit on the front steps of a massage parlor and was arguing with the female proprietor about payment for his 2 foot square mess(she wanted 70b for cleanup). Another guy came into FLB with a girl, ordered a beer and an orange juice for the girl, refused to pay and told the waitress the girl would pay and walked out. The girl refused to pay and we were left with a couple of open drinks.

It's a much more unruly crowd this year, IMHO.

Glad I was not there as I do not go to GoGos to see men on the stage ,

Well im sure you always will get a small % who dont know how to behave ,sure most are fine and good fun to share a chat and good fun with.