Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Good Deal from YYZ Canada for next peak season.

After some early searching I came across a stellar deal on vayama.com from YYZ (Toronto) to BKK (Bangkok) departing on Dec 26, 2011 and returning on Jan 13, 2012. Flight is on Korean Air thru Incheon.

Total price including all taxes and fees came out to $1284 CDN dollars roundtrip. VERY VERY GOOD from Toronto considering peak season. Have never seen it this low and for such a great airline.

Must be a consolidator fare and is only available on that site as its still too early to book thru anywhere else.

Anyways I am happy to admit I could not pass this deal down and am now booked, confirmed and seats selected for this deal. Confirmed with Korean air that ticket is valid and eticketed already. I will arrive at 9pm in BKK on December 27, 2011 for 17 nights of vacation excitement. Looking forward to it.

I hope you checked out the length of the layover in Incheon. I looked at a similar deal from Vancouver and the layover was something like 8 hours, which is about the worst possible interval.

If it was shorter, it would be OK (but awkward) to wait a bit for the next leg (I could read a book, play a PC game, etc for 4 hours at a stretch, I guess). Longer and you could book a small room at an airport hotel and get a good sleep. But 8 hours? Worst of both worlds, IMO. Too much time to keep yourself amused and too little to make a hotel worth the bother.

You got a good price - I didn't see anything quite as low as what you're claiming. But I happily paid a couple hundred bucks extra to get a much better layover schedule through Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific.

I agree a 8 hours layover is a hassle but does the airport have a transit hotel on the property where you can rent a small room by the hour? I've used one in the Singapore airport and it worked well.

Layover on the way over is 2 hours 55 minutes, and on the way back is 1 hour 55 minutes.

Not too bad either.

That timing is excellent. Wish those kinds of layovers were available on the Vancouver flights I examined!

There is a good deal on Cathay Pacific right now in F (First Class - real caviar, champagne and pajamas first class) from Toronto to Bangkok, a little over $10,000 vs. well near $18,000 though the HKG BKK is in J as they don't offer many First Class seats on that route.

For a once in a lifetime experience this is a great deal and barely 20% if that over what Business Class will cost which is not too bad a way to go either.

There is a good deal on Cathay Pacific right now in F (First Class - real caviar, champagne and pajamas first class) from Toronto to Bangkok, a little over $10,000 vs. well near $18,000 though the HKG BKK is in J as they don't offer many First Class seats on that route.

For a once in a lifetime experience this is a great deal and barely 20% if that over what Business Class will cost which is not too bad a way to go either.

Back a few years ago I when USBKK F on Singapore Air for 140K SkYMiles. That was WAY cool.

But $10,000+ is a tad much.

I did a really cheap flight on Asiana Air from BKK through Incheon a little over year ago with with a 12 hour layover. It was not nearly as bad as you might think. I got into Incheon at 6 am, found a secluded spot and slept 8 hours on a comfy bench seat where no one disturbed me. Got up, had a good meal and was well rested with a couple hours free before my next leg.

Back a few years ago I when USBKK F on Singapore Air for 140K SkYMiles. That was WAY cool.

But $10,000+ is a tad much.

Well it is a once in a lifetime change It is also $400 lower than Business Class and since I always fly Business Class it was an easy choice to save and get the whole caviar and pyjamas experience.

I have nearly 400,000 AA miles so my next trip to BKK and Pattaya will be free (next 3 really) . See? I am assuming I am coming back already.

Hopefully this deal comes back after the weekend. Right now vayama is showing 2700 for yyz to bkk. Koreanair.com is showing 1650...

Tuesdays are generally best for purchases so I have my fingers crossed.