Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I have seen the start of a thread about the 2004 RideHer Cup in the members bar. I suggest that we continue the subject here. After all, Pete gave us this rather exclusive section to keep us clear of all the whoring drunks that use the rest of this board!

As Hilly has pointed out already, I am conducting an advance scouting mission on behalf of all the RideHer players this week. I will be discussing the event with Ben and I will ask him to investigate the dates and prices that might be available. It would be useful to get your feedback here on date preferences. After all, the tournament is run for your enjoyment so it is only right that all the players should reach a consensus about preferred dates.

I know that the courses can get busy from mid-November onwards as the hordes of Koreans and Japanese descend by the bus load on the more popular courses. If you decide that the event would be better held in late November, we will probably have to get it booked up well in advance.

Please get your opinions posted here and I will start the ball rolling with Ben.

Doggie

I can make any date between Nov 21-27.

And sorry about posting the thread in the members section, but I figured it was too early to start talking about a Nov outing and figured that I'd catch more "eyeballs" in the members section.

Shilo

All nationalities are welcome - even Canadians!

Does it defrost sufficiently there to allow you guys to golf for a few weeks a year?

Just kidding - if you are 24 handicap or under you can play for Europe - 25 and above for the USA!

Hope you can join us.

Doggie

All nationalities are welcome - even Canadians!

Does it defrost sufficiently there to allow you guys to golf for a few weeks a year?

Just kidding - if you are 24 handicap or under you can play for Europe - 25 and above for the USA!

Hope you can join us.

Doggie

Doggie....

It usually gets warm around June and lasts for a month or two ;D ;D ;D ;D

I am actually moving to Thailand at the end of this month so I will be there for awhile.

Thanks for the info.....

Cheers.....gp [smiley=cheers.gif]

Doggie,

In an ideal world it would be somewhere between the 12th and 25th but I can do a week or so either side of those dates.

Enjoy your forthcoming trip BTW - and do try to avoid bar owners proffering silly hats at 4a.m. this time.  ;)  ;)

Cheers

Pie

The consensus so far seems to be in favour of late November. We still have to hear from the 2 captains from 2003 and a lot of last year's players.

I will discuss the feasibility of late November with Ben  when he gets back from PI.

Thanks for the warning Pie - I will also glue my zipper up if Monkey Girl is within range!

Doggie

Although I missed the tournament last year, I would like to play this year. I would even loan my skills to the Yankee squad if need be.  ;D ;D

Preferred timing would be last week of October and first two weeks of November.

Doggie,

Not sure if I should answer this one as the two captains will probably say play it whenever Steveo is not available based upon past performances in the last two events in which I hold a perfect record of two losses one on each team.

I had every good intention of actually getting in a bit of practise for this years event but as you know this will not be possible for a while at least.

Anyway M8, don't worry about my input for an exact date - If I'm there at the time chosen well and good, if not I'll just have to find some other pastime.  :P

However, I would suggest that it would be best to set a fixed date(e.g. first , second, third or fourth Monday  of November) rather than change each year because it suits one member or another better.

Cheers

Steveo

I agree that it doesn't make sence to change the date each year because it suits one member or another but on the other hand I think it's a wasted opportunity to get everyone together around the Loi Krathong holiday and not make adjustments so we can all enjoy both events :P

Rather then setting the match for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd ect week of Nov each year, why not just set the date for the Monday of the week of Loi Krathong. True, that may cause an adjustment to the actual date each year but the upside is that many of us won't have to choose between the golfing and Loi Krathong ;D

Shilo

I agree that it doesn't make sence to change the date each year because it suits one member or another but on the other hand I think it's a wasted opportunity to get everyone together around the Loi Krathong holiday and not make adjustments so we can all enjoy both events

I hope to make this year's event and it would be great if it could be held around Loi Krathong. Do you need an official handicap or does a letter from your local pro begging to play off 36 suffice?

;D ;D ;D

I think Shilo's suggestion is a very sound one. The date will change each year and some will/some won't be able to make it - but that is always going to be the case anyway.

At least everyone knows when it is going to be and as many try to make it to Pattaya for Loy Kratong then it kills two birds with one stone.

Cheers

Pie

Well looks like another Rideher cup is on the cards

Hope your balls have dropped off doggie as I am home in England while you lucky bastard are in LOS.

As for me I should be able to fit the rideher cup around any date in November as will be there for 3 weeks then and I can make it any time.

It would be good to make near Loy Kratong as I like.

Oh by the way Canadians are most welcome on the European side especially low handicappers or bandits ;D

Cheers

duece (2003 loosing captain :P)

Good to hear from the Euro cap'n but where is the USA cap'n ?

Is he too busy fondling the cup that he has no hands for the keyboard ?

I mention this as I have a couple of pics to post  ;D  ;D but to do so without the esteemed Grendel "appreciating" them would be a waste !!

Grendel - where art thou now ?

Cheers

Pie

Oh by the way Canadians are most welcome on the European side especially low handicappers or bandits ;D

I am about a 5 or a 6 handicap so I will go wherever I am needed......or wanted. ;D ;D

Cheers....gp [smiley=cheers.gif]

Hi there

Nice to hear from you Captain and agree that GP of course plays for Europe. Last year the RideHer Cup was pretty close to Loi Kratong (was it the 8. november ?), so it might be a good idea to continue that tradition. Begining of november has it's advantages as Doggie pointed out, as high season is not yet in full flight.

I am still a bit worried about if the event coinsides with a major american holiday season. We cannot bear further humiliation. Anyway we are still there for a fun day of golf humiliated or not, so just set the date.

thaidane.

Winner of the Jomtien Beach Award 2003  :-[

GP is ours  ;D ;D

Good old Canada being in Europe.

Cheers

Duece

Hmmm.....no reply from the USA side so I guess I am a European.....sounds good!!

Cheers.....gp [smiley=cheers.gif]

• 1 month later...

I talked things through with Ben and we think that the best time to hold the event is in the first week of November. The courses start to get busy in November so the earlier the better. Monday 1st November looks a good date so Ben is working on that right now.

We are considering Eastern Star as this year's venue. It is a better course than Khao Kneow and we expect to get better service from them. Whilst the golf at Khao Kheow was fine, they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery when it comes to the catering!

Those of you that want to stick around for Loy Katoey :rolleyes: could plan to arrive on the weekend of 30/31 October and kick off your holiday with the RideHer Cup. I plan to get there around that time so we might organise a few more golf days that week and the following week if a lot of you are interested.

Ben should start posting more information in the section soon. I expect the Europeans to get in lots of practice over the summer to be in top form for the event. And I hope Hilly saves up a few birdies for the contest!

Doggie

Hi Doggy

Sounds good to me.

Yes Khoa Kheow was a good course, but they let us down with the food last year so looking forward to a new course. Will maybe try out in 2 weeks time just to get some practice in :lol:

Do we know when Loy Kattoy is this year? Could not miss all those boys in beautiful dresses 1luv

Seriosly would like to fit both into Novembers trip.

Cheers

duece

Hi Everyone,

November is a good month for Cheryl and I. We plan to stay a month again this year if all goes well. I already have my clubs in Pattaya now all I have to do is join up with them for RideHer Cup III. On the back nine last year, our match came down for us to the last shot on the last hole only for me to get beat by one stroke. That is what I call great fun and I think everyone had a great time from what I saw there. Ben and Callum did a great job putting everthing together. I'm sure this year will be even better than last year, if that's possible. Keep the, "Do Over Mulligan," which I had fun with on the last hole. It was great.

I hope Ben and the crew can get us booked at the Eastern Star in Rayong this year. They've done a great upgrade on the course and it is always fun to play on a Robert Trent Jones Jr. golf course. They also have a very nice club house for lunch etc. I would have to say this GC is almost on par with Laem Chabang and in some respects even better.

Go get um Carlsberg and Doggie, I know you can do it. Also, if I remember correctly the prices there were very reasonable. Should work out as far as keeping the price the same a last year. It was really a great time last year and maybe I can keep my wife out of the hospital this year so she can enjoy the tournment this year, too. One of the main reason she wanted to go to Pattaya, was to play in the the RideHer Cup II after I told her about how much fun playing in the first one was.

Will be off to Thailand and LOS in:

:crying 215 days 2 hrs 28 mins and 10 secs and Wheels Up. . .But Who’s Counting? :crying

Regards,

:devil

ff29

:chogdee I Love The FLB Bar! ;)