Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Satander account ATMs

Guest Fatboyfat

As a Nationwide user I am fairly p'd off with their welching on the previous terms, and am now coughing up 6.75 GBP + 150 Baht for each 14000 Baht (Max daily ATM) withdrawal. Latest exchange rate used was 49.5 on 22nd February.

Satander are now offering similar terms to the old Nationwide conditions on their Current Account/Debit Card withdrawals. IE No charges (150 Baht local charge excepted of course) on Foreign ATM cash withdrawals, along with Interest payable on credit amounts, rate variable dependent on monthly deposit (Not really concerned with that bit).

Anyway the query is: Do any BMs (in particular ex-Nationwide users, who know the score) have any feedback on the Satander ATM withdrawal charges, especially as to whether an inferior initial exchange rate is used to cover their arses ?

Santander pissed me off so i ditched their Zero card.

I now use a Halifax Clarity card which is fine but for my last trip i took lots of Travellers cheques which i brought for no commission from my bank which is LloydsTSB

Martins money tips tell you which is best for overseas card use and here is the page, go down and read and make your own mind up

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/ch...l-money#halifax

Not sure which Santander card your intending on using but one of santanders debit cards is listed in the cards from hell page

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/ch...avel-money#hell

Still using the nationwide card for my mrs when i'm in the uk , send approx 10k (bht ) per month , with my online banking i equate the initial 150 charge and calculate the rest by checking the Bangkok Bank rates at that time BKK LINK

Works for me , and has done for the last couple of years .........prior to that i have done about 4 previos banks over the last 9 years for my mrs ........nationwide still works best , i don't give a shit about pennys !

Edit .....apparently Halifax have a good one , although i havn't researched yet , just seems the recent 150 charge per withdrawal is the cunting bug bear to me :clueless (but thats the thai banks ......looks like were fooked !! ) :whistling:

Edited by HAMLEKLEK

Nationwide now ditched for me as well

I have a halifax clarity as back up to my t/cs and thai account

tried it last time in October --rate was ok but still got charged 150 bath and

interest on the amount from when it the card account until it was paid off as

it was classed as cash advance-- you can not put the account in credit.

Nationwide now ditched for me as well

I have a halifax clarity as back up to my t/cs and thai account

tried it last time in October --rate was ok but still got charged 150 bath and

interest on the amount from when it the card account until it was paid off as

it was classed as cash advance-- you can not put the account in credit.

Yes but the initial 150 bht charge is the thai banks , nothing to do with the nationwide or even halifax ! Rates of currency exchange i feel best are at Bangkok Bank atm machines or indeed cash within branch .

Hi

It may have changed recently but Santander have charged a 1.5% cash Withdrawal Handling Charge when I`ve drawn money at ATMs in Pattaya.

Exchange rate has been OK though.

Change card !

Nationwide as far as i know (unless pennys) remains the same . Santander from abbey national i think , am i right they changed last year ?

I was sucked in by the Santander Credit card last year - they promised 0% interest on foreign transactions. I assumed this meant cash withdrawals as well. WRONG. Got stung at 20-odd % interest from the moment I withdrew it to the moment I paaid it back.

The card has gone in the bin after a pissed off conversation closed the account!

I was sucked in by the Santander Credit card last year - they promised 0% interest on foreign transactions. I assumed this meant cash withdrawals as well. WRONG. Got stung at 20-odd % interest from the moment I withdrew it to the moment I paaid it back.

The card has gone in the bin after a pissed off conversation closed the account!

Thankyou .....lean more towards nationwide matey .....or halifax !

Thankyou .....lean more towards nationwide matey .....or halifax !

My Santander CREDIT card was to replace my Nationwide Flex account debit card as they upped all their charges.

I got that fed up that I opened a Thai bank account last August, and over Xmas fed this with 0% commission Travellers cheques from LloydsTSB. Except that being a newbie to Travellers cheques they gave me lots of small values, which all cost 33B (I think) to change!!

Next trip is all £100 or above cheques!!

Edited by helloitsme
I just bring cash, stick it in my Kasikorn A/C as and when i want/need to................Simples :clueless

If you draw £200 every week or day ........you will save 150 charge from the thai banks every day , or transaction ........yes i can see the sense in that ........best open an account on land like irish clever cunt :D

He he .....no being funny mate ......i cant be bothered !!!!...its only pennys

Edit .....i have a business in thailand :unsure:

Edited by HAMLEKLEK
If you draw £200 every week or day ........you will save 150 charge from the thai banks every day , or transaction ........yes i can see the sense in that ........best open an account on land like irish clever cunt :smile:

He he .....no being funny mate ......i cant be bothered !!!!...its only pennys

Edit .....i have a business in thailand :grin

Yes Kitty Kunt, but i was talking about us mere Mortals that only use it for our Hols :kissing

I used to use the Nationwide, but now prefer to bang it into my Kasikorn, then withdraw what i want, when i want, be it 2000Baht, or 10000Baht at a time.................it's only pennies, but it's my pennies :moon

Yes Kitty Kunt, but i was talking about us mere Mortals that only use it for our Hols :grin

I used to use the Nationwide, but now prefer to bang it into my Kasikorn, then withdraw what i want, when i want, be it 2000Baht, or 10000Baht at a time.................it's only pennies, but it's my pennies :moon

Regardless , nothing changes .........keep your eye on exchange rate , thats the deal if you are clever enough . ......same me , i dont care pennys ......but some tight ass mother fucks do .....................seppos/ shermons ..perhaps ? :kissing

The real deal lookers are not the brits ........its the yankys methinks , who can blame them ............years of slavery , now one is running the shit :smile:

As a Nationwide user I am fairly p'd off with their welching on the previous terms, and am now coughing up 6.75 GBP + 150 Baht for each 14000 Baht (Max daily ATM) withdrawal. Latest exchange rate used was 49.5 on 22nd February.

Satander are now offering similar terms to the old Nationwide conditions on their Current Account/Debit Card withdrawals. IE No charges (150 Baht local charge excepted of course) on Foreign ATM cash withdrawals, along with Interest payable on credit amounts, rate variable dependent on monthly deposit (Not really concerned with that bit).

Anyway the query is: Do any BMs (in particular ex-Nationwide users, who know the score) have any feedback on the Satander ATM withdrawal charges, especially as to whether an inferior initial exchange rate is used to cover their arses ?

I have Nationwide and Santander cards here.

I think I only used the Nationwide card once because of the high cost.

I've used the Santander cards mostly but havn't been checking the charges online. I'll have a look and report back.

Yes but the initial 150 bht charge is the thai banks , nothing to do with the nationwide or even halifax !

To be pedantic, it's not Thai banks, it's an association that runs the actual ATMs. Of course the banks are involved but they are not the actual ones charging, and they do not receive the gelt.

I was with Alliance & Leicester since it was National Girobank. After the takeover over by Santander - I closed the account after several massive cock ups especially with the credit card account. Don't touch Santander they have what seem like good offers but their service & customer relations are hopeless.

I also have a Nationwide account & debit card I am in the process of closing it since the change.

My HSBC Premier Account makes no charge for taking cash from ATMs abroad BUT they give you the very poor UK rate of exchange.

I have just opened an account with Cumberland Building Society who make no charge for taking cash from ATMs abroad but have not tested it yet. However due to carpetbaggers applying they will not accept accounts for people living outside their area. I will report back after my next trip.

stevoh.