Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Public Toilets

So public toilets are a gradually disappearing sight. I must admit I rarely if ever used them. They were nearly always filthy, smelt of shite, were covered in graffiti and had a slightly dangerous feel about them, and ss far as I could tell, every one of them had a potential George Michael hiding in them,

My own tactic was always to head into a pub or a bookies. I'd "pay" for the the experience, by putting on a quick line, or buying a quick pint. In somewhere like McDonald, I believe the tactic is known as a "McShite with lies" - when you'd give the appearance of looking at the menu but then sneak off to the bogs

So what do you do when you need to go? Do you think there should be more public toilets? Should commercial properties receive some sort of payment or rebate for providing toilet facilities? Any favourite tactics when sneaking into a place?

Any funny stories involving public bogs?

So public toilets are a gradually disappearing sight. I must admit I rarely if ever used them. They were nearly always filthy, smelt of shite, were covered in graffiti and had a slightly dangerous feel about them, and ss far as I could tell, every one of them had a potential George Michael hiding in them,

My own tactic was always to head into a pub or a bookies. I'd "pay" for the the experience, by putting on a quick line, or buying a quick pint. In somewhere like McDonald, I believe the tactic is known as a "McShite with lies" - when you'd give the appearance of looking at the menu but then sneak off to the bogs

So what do you do when you need to go? Do you think there should be more public toilets? Should commercial properties receive some sort of payment or rebate for providing toilet facilities? Any favourite tactics when sneaking into a place?

Any funny stories involving public bogs?

Hey lover , regardless ......you know i would take care ......(cat) greg here .........many fookin beers , no prob matey , ii know the feckin score !!

In Thailand it is a law that any public place must allow free use of its toilets - bar, restaurant, market, whatever.

Damn, another one to add to the helmet use etc etc eh?
Damn, another one to add to the helmet use etc etc eh?

Not really, not that there is a shortage of those. Thais grow up with this one, which is followed and more custom than law, really. I've never heard of a legal case, either real or helmet type. It's one of those things that just "is" nowadays. I believe the law is very old.

Somtimes you need to shit !!............somtimes fucken quickly :rolleyes:

was dropping a duece at work once and the clatty bastard in the stall next to me starting munching on a bag or maltesers. I know what they were because

one rolled under the partition and knocked my shoe. I stared in horror just waiting on the dirty ***** hand to come exploring for it. He never did but it's

vision I have to this day.

was dropping a duece at work once and the clatty bastard in the stall next to me starting munching on a bag or maltesers. I know what they were because

one rolled under the partition and knocked my shoe. I stared in horror just waiting on the dirty ***** hand to come exploring for it. He never did but it's

vision I have to this day.

Well finders, keepers - you had every right to scoff it if it invaded your space.

Some of the free public toilets don't have tissue so best to carry some with you. also some will have machines that you can purcahse small packets of tissue, but they only take 1 baht coins.

The first thing I do is pray that it's not a squat toilet.....They scare the fuck out of me!.......I cannot figure out for the life of me how anyone can pinch off a log on one of those things. I am also afraid of falling down in the shit hole or maybe not being the best aim (more so when I'm drunk) and dumping a load into my drawers! Me thinks it takes some practice :gulp

Edited by captcraig2
The first thing I do is pray that it's not a squat toilet.....They scare the fuck out of me!.......I cannot figure out for the life of me how anyone can pinch off a log on one of those things. I am also afraid of falling down in the shit hole or maybe not being the best aim (more so when I'm drunk) and dumping a load into my drawers! Me thinks it takes some practice :gulp

I also remember one time that we stopped at an auto plaza off the highway going to Korat and the mens toilet had all the pissers facing each other with a waist high wall between them. Was really fuckin wierd taking a piss and looking at another chap dead in his face!....All I could do was smile! I didn't really feel like shaking his hand :thumbup

I hate public toilets for all the reasons you mentioned and would do the same as yourself - nip into a pub or bookies - anything but use public lavs.

I was in Cyprus many years ago and went to Nissi Beach for the weekend. I had been drinking quite heavily and caught a dose of the skits. I ran into the nearest loo and just about made it. To my horror there was no loo roll so I had to rip the sleeves off my t-shirt to wipe my botty. Perhaps it was me who invented capped sleeve T's.

On another occassion I was at the Limasol wine festival, it was 50p for a plastic carafe and that was all you had to pay for, the wine stalls just filled it when you asked. Needless to say I got slightly wankered and the skits kicked in yet again. I went to the loo which was a squat affair and unfortunately slipped off the foot pads. I came out covered in all manner of things and had to be hosed down from head to foot by a friendly stall owner. I didn't realise at the time but he was soaking me with a hose whilst I stood next to one of those Electric generator thingys. For some strange reason I never drank wine ever again though I'm not that much cleverer on Vodka.

I hate public toilets for all the reasons you mentioned and would do the same as yourself - nip into a pub or bookies - anything but use public lavs.

I was in Cyprus many years ago and went to Nissi Beach for the weekend. I had been drinking quite heavily and caught a dose of the skits. I ran into the nearest loo and just about made it. To my horror there was no loo roll so I had to rip the sleeves off my t-shirt to wipe my botty. Perhaps it was me who invented capped sleeve T's.

On another occassion I was at the Limasol wine festival, it was 50p for a plastic carafe and that was all you had to pay for, the wine stalls just filled it when you asked. Needless to say I got slightly wankered and the skits kicked in yet again. I went to the loo which was a squat affair and unfortunately slipped off the foot pads. I came out covered in all manner of things and had to be hosed down from head to foot by a friendly stall owner. I didn't realise at the time but he was soaking me with a hose whilst I stood next to one of those Electric generator thingys. For some strange reason I never drank wine ever again though I'm not that much cleverer on Vodka.

Remember when we went to the Philippines Alex when i was trapped in the toilet when the plane hit some serious turbulence the plane shook so violently that

that a piece of metal came unattached and gave me a nasty bruise on my head but my main concern was trying to keep my arse on the toilet no mean feat

when it calmed down and i managed to free myself you sympathetically (not) said i thought you would have been covered in shit head to toe :gulp

The first thing I do is pray that it's not a squat toilet.....They scare the fuck out of me!.......I cannot figure out for the life of me how anyone can pinch off a log on one of those things. I am also afraid of falling down in the shit hole or maybe not being the best aim (more so when I'm drunk) and dumping a load into my drawers! Me thinks it takes some practice :whistling:

Whenever I have been desperate to rush into one of those, there has never been a log or anything to pinch off whatsoever.

(Think sparrows from a bush). Thank heaven for gas stations.

I also pray for a hook or some place to hang my kecks up out of the way while I attempt this feat.

Thai food is always impatient to depart.......

Edited by jacko

If you want to know where I go in Pattaya, the only public type toilets that I know are in the Royal Plaza, Mike Shopping, and at Big C complex in N Pattaya, but if anyone knows anwhere else, perhaps we ought to start a thread.

If you want to know where I go in Pattaya, the only public type toilets that I know are in the Royal Plaza, Mike Shopping, and at Big C complex in N Pattaya, but if anyone knows anwhere else, perhaps we ought to start a thread.

I recall reading a list of toilets worth doing #2 in Pattaya, but i'm not sure if it was on this forum.

Squat toilet usage, when you are suffering from sprinkler shit is experience i would not like to experience.

Remember when we went to the Philippines Alex when i was trapped in the toilet when the plane hit some serious turbulence the plane shook so violently that

that a piece of metal came unattached and gave me a nasty bruise on my head but my main concern was trying to keep my arse on the toilet no mean feat

when it calmed down and i managed to free myself you sympathetically (not) said i thought you would have been covered in shit head to toe :llaugh

I know, I tried not to giggle but couldn't help myself. You know what they say "what goes around come around" maybe I'm due a few WTF and FAF moments in the future. :dhorse

Big C Complex in South Pattaya.......

(unscheduled visit there yesterday, these toilets are quite clean, there are seat type ones and tissue available.... to be honest Thailand does a lot better than NW UK in this regard, there, even my old standby of the public library has been closed due to repeated vandalism)

Carrefour (soon to be another Big C).

I recall reading a list of toilets worth doing #2 in Pattaya, but i'm not sure if it was on this forum.

Squat toilet usage, when you are suffering from sprinkler shit is experience i would not like to experience.

When I was in China I had explosive diarrhea on a squat and then spent about 5 minutes hosing down the aftermath.... :thumbup