Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Taj, Taste of India.

The Taj, formerly located on 3rd Rd directly opposite Xcyte Disco is now closed and has a for sale sign up.

Does anybody know whether this is a final closure, or perhaps the place has moved.... if so where to.?

I enjoy the odd ruby, and Taj was pretty good, so many other Indian restaurants in Pattaya are poor...

Any recommendations for good Indian food in Pattaya?

Edited by jacko
the tikka centre soi bukouw opp soi honey is very good i use it all the time when in patts
Well thanks for that, I might pop in soon and give it a try.

Not the place to go with a few friends and a car/truck though...

Well thanks for that, I might pop in soon and give it a try.

Not the place to go with a few friends and a car/truck though...

Just park around on soi exzite and walk around the bowling club or there is parking a bit further up buahkow on the left at the first junction

The Taj, formerly located on 3rd Rd directly opposite Xcyte Disco is now closed and has a for sale sign up.

The place on the other side of the road from Cherry restaurant? The one with the 'biusness for sale' sign in the window?

3.5 years on and I still smile at all the luandry signs as well.

the tikka centre soi bukouw opp soi honey is very good i use it all the time when in patts
I tried it last night...

Well thanks for the advice, but afraid not impressed.

The place is a dump, the food took ages and wasn't all that good... the papadums were soggy.

Cheap though.... :chogdee

The place on the other side of the road from Cherry restaurant? The one with the 'biusness for sale' sign in the window?

3.5 years on and I still smile at all the luandry signs as well.

Pretty slick way of getting your attention eh? :chogdee
I tried it last night...

Well thanks for the advice, but afraid not impressed.

The place is a dump, the food took ages and wasn't all that good... the papadums were soggy.

Cheap though.... :whistling:

A few years ago, a group of British Indians invited me to lunch at Sher 'E' Punjab, on Beach Road between Soi 10 and Soi 11. The food was very good, and they told me it was one of their favorite Indian restaurants in town. They also mentioned it was a bit pricey, but the quality seemed to justify the price.

It is here on the pattayaphotoguide.

A few years ago, a group of British Indians invited me to lunch at Sher 'E' Punjab, on Beach Road between Soi 10 and Soi 11. The food was very good, and they told me it was one of their favorite Indian restaurants in town. They also mentioned it was a bit pricey, but the quality seemed to justify the price.

It is here on the pattayaphotoguide.

Yes I have used that place, but many years ago and agree on the 'pricey'...

I have been in Ali Baba (opposite Tops) quite a few times and found it quite good... but I preferred eating it when the place next door served it (English pub called Oliver Twist, gone now.) There are a couple in that alley that runs opposite Mikes Shopping Mall, from 2nd and you can cut through to Soi Diana... Little India (not very good) and there is another near to that which I have never tried. I know there was one on Soi PO (Ahaar Indian) but I think that has closed it's doors too. I also recall there was a place on Pattaya Land 2 (same st as New Orleans). Of course plenty of Indian/ Arabic food can be found in the Arab Quarter, around where Soi 16 comes to Phratamnac, including the Kotinoor, more towards the hill, I have never forgiven them for poisoning me once back in 1993... :banghead

Living out of town makes it difficult to go out for a meal, I really don't want to take on the ever deteriorating traffic situation and parking problems.

Edited by jacko
Yes I have used that place, but many years ago and agree on the 'pricey'...

I have been in Ali Baba (opposite Tops) quite a few times and found it quite good... but I preferred eating it when the place next door served it (English pub called Oliver Twist, gone now.) There are a couple in that alley that runs opposite Mikes Shopping Mall, from 2nd and you can cut through to Soi Diana... Little India (not very good) and there is another near to that which I have never tried. I know there was one on Soi PO (Ahaar Indian) but I think that has closed it's doors too. I also recall there was a place on Pattaya Land 2 (same st as New Orleans). Of course plenty of Indian/ Arabic food can be found in the Arab Quarter, around where Soi 16 comes to Phratamnac, including the Kotinoor, more towards the hill, I have never forgiven them for poisoning me once back in 1993... :whistling:

Living out of town makes it difficult to go out for a meal, I really don't want to take on the ever deteriorating traffic situation and parking problems.

I spoke to a Thai Indian acquaintance about where he would recommend going for a good Indian meal, and he named several places (incidentally Raj E Punjab is owned by the brother of the guy who owned Taj, according to him).

His highest recommendation was Spices, on the second floor of the building next to Royal Garden (to the south). He said you could pay to park at Royal Garden, and get a very good meal at Spices.

Using the PPG, here is where I think it is..

If you go, let us know how it was.

I spoke to a Thai Indian acquaintance about where he would recommend going for a good Indian meal, and he named several places (incidentally Raj E Punjab is owned by the brother of the guy who owned Taj, according to him).

His highest recommendation was Spices, on the second floor of the building next to Royal Garden (to the south). He said you could pay to park at Royal Garden, and get a very good meal at Spices.

Using the PPG, here is where I think it is..

If you go, let us know how it was.

That Punjab must have improved as i had the worst indian pile of shit in my life there.Ordered 3 different type of dishes and i swear they used the same curry sauce,just added fresh chillis to slightly change the taste.It was awful and they didnt have a clue about indian food.Anybody been recently and thought it was good???

I make my own indian food and its the BEST

That Punjab must have improved as i had the worst indian pile of shit in my life there.Ordered 3 different type of dishes and i swear they used the same curry sauce,just added fresh chillis to slightly change the taste.It was awful and they didnt have a clue about indian food.Anybody been recently and thought it was good???

I make my own indian food and its the BEST

Do you have parking for jacko and his friends?

I know Jacko and one of his friends so no probs as long as he likes it rocket fuel style

Problem solved. For good Indian food, head to bratpack's house, cause he says his is the BEST.

He also says those Indians can't cook Indian food, and their Indian customers don't know good Indian food.

Oh, the white man's burden rests heavy on the denizens of the old Empire.

Everyone knows the english are famous for fine food and the knowledge thereof. An english breakfast is proof. :allright

Jack

Everyone knows the english are famous for fine food and the knowledge thereof. An english breakfast is proof. :allright

Jack

Well I might agree we make the best breakfasts, and the UK (particularly Brum) are becoming world famous for the curries.

Wow MM, I never knew there was a restaurant up there, but it is a new area and I think I have only ever walked through it once.

But pay for parking......brrrrr :thumbup

Well I might agree we make the best breakfasts, and the UK (particularly Brum) are becoming world famous for the curries.

Wow MM, I never knew there was a restaurant up there, but it is a new area and I think I have only ever walked through it once.

But pay for parking......brrrrr :allright

You could go to Swenson's or some other place and get your parking ticket validated rather than pay the 40b parking fee for non-customers. Up to you.

You could go to Swenson's or some other place and get your parking ticket validated rather than pay the 40b parking fee for non-customers. Up to you.
Is that all it is? I have parked in the Avenue and there I am sure it was over 100 baht for a few hours.

It's a pity, but in the evenings, getting from Sukhumvit to the RG in a truck takes so long... either Pattaya Tai or Buakhao to take on. I often park in Carrefour and get on a bike when alone. Thanks for the effort MM, I think I shall take a look at that place when I am next on the razzle... I get the TGF to drop me off!