Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Things that make you crazy in LOS........

Not a negative post. Just a bit of fun.

What makes you go ting tong here?

Please allow me to start:

1. Any Thai male with a whistle.

2. The door bell noise in a 7/11.

3. Any Thai with a microphone at a supermarket.

4. Thai TV.

5. Anything admin. IE trying to pay a bill or any type of customer service related task.

6. Taxi drivers that either don't know the way, never heard of anywhere, take you on a longer route, drive in a life threatening manner or haven't got any change.

7. Restaurant staff that bring the starter out with the main course.

8. Thai lack of awareness. Now this really pisses me off. Thai memory's seem to be on permanent delete.

9. Thai workmanship. Everything in this country is bodged up.

10. Dishonesty. I had to laugh this week. Some fukka stole the wire that operates the gate at work. :rolleyes:

Go on. Let's have them.......

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a negative post. Just a bit of fun.

What makes you go ting tong here?

Please allow me to start:

1. Any Thai male with a whistle.

2. The door bell noise in a 7/11.

3. Any Thai with a microphone at a supermarket.

4. Thai TV.

5. Anything admin. IE trying to pay a bill or any type of customer service related task.

6. Taxi drivers that either don't know the way, never heard of anywhere, take you on a longer route, drive in a life threatening manner or haven't got any change.

7. Restaurant staff that bring the starter out with the main course.

8. Thai lack of awareness. Now this really pisses me off. Thai memory's seem to be on permanent delete.

9. Thai workmanship. Everything in this country is bodged up.

10. Dishonesty. I had to laugh this week. Some fukka stole the wire that operates the gate at work. :banghead

Go on. Let's have them.......

I love Thailand thanks to all the facts you have mentioned above. To me Thailand is like a breath of fresh air, compared to the over-regulated countries I have lived in before. It certainly helps to be half-crazy to live in Thailand as a Farang. :thumbup

all the con artists ... thai and farang

I agree !

I met a girl some days ago who works some days per week as a stand-in at Beachclubagogo. She takes over the place of other girls who have a day-off at the gogo.She works parttime as a freelancer also.

I could not reach her by telephone any more and yesterday I found out why.

She had met an Iranian guy at Walking Street who took her ST to a short-time room. He had bargained down to 600 baht for a shorttime.

After they did the deed he took her bag while she was showering and ran off. In the bag was : her ID, 2000 baht cash, her nice telephone and an Iphone of 23.000 baht.

The scumbag had got free sex and goods with a total value of about 30.000 baht

She was in particular very upset by the loss of her Ipod. "I always wanted to have that Ipod and I saved soooooo long for it she said. 23.000 baht is big money for me". Inside I angry but can do nothing".

I checked her story with other girls of Beachclub and they told me it really happened.They mostly laughed about her stupidity and found it funny.

But it ain't funny at all imho. She is a sweet and polite girl,the type of girl who would let you get away with not paying her and she would only be "angry inside" and not stand up for herself.

It;s this kind of things that make me crazy and sad in LOS :banghead

Edited by groover

Excellent list...........really struck a 7/11 bell...............the staff must hear that bloody bell in their sleep.

Also agree with the comment re- Indian 'tailors' I know its their job, and it must be a frustrating job for them ..........But my particular 'hate' is when they call out........''Awrite geezer''.........OK they've assessed somehow correctly that I'm English and from London. But I want to tell them that I WOULD NEVER SPEND A BAHT in a shop that called me 'geezer'....or....''How's it hanging bro'' for that matter.

The only thing else that gets me is the lack of gratitude from all the motor cycle drivers that owe their lives to me.

Edited by atlas2
Excellent list...........really struck a 7/11 bell...............the staff must hear that bloody bell in their sleep.

Also agree with the comment re- Indian 'tailors' I know its their job, and it must be a frustrating job for them ..........But my particular 'hate' is when they call out........''Awrite geezer''.........OK they've assessed somehow correctly that I'm English and from London. But I want to tell them that I WOULD NEVER SPEND A BAHT in a shop that called me 'geezer'....or....''How's it hanging bro'' for that matter.

The only thing else that gets me is the lack of gratitude from all the motor cycle drivers that owe their lives to me.

You must look like an Indian gentleman born in the motherland. Buy some of that skin-whitening cream and change your accent. :banghead Those Indian tailors are smart. They speak to me in German, despite me not having been back to Europe for 45 years. :thumbup

Points 1 to 10 are right on the button, I thought I can't be the only one who finds these things both irritating and amusing. I'll add one that really gets my goat: the sheer incompetence of most Thai car drivers of either sex, who sit inside 1-2 tons of metal and represent a lethal threat to all around them. It's the slow, hesitant (i.e. scared, nervous) ones that are worst, they'll get you killed on a motor scooter faster than somebody who is proceeding at a decent but confident and predictable pace.

Oh, and here's another: the Thai's complete indifference to the temperature of food. Time and again, when ordering a Thai dish, the rice appears on the table 10 minutes before the pad kapouw or whatever, and sits there getting cold.

Your right about the Motorsai riders,a real surly,sullen mob the lot of them

I know I was tempting fate starting this thread. :banghead

I've just been a victim of.......

Flagged down a taxi in Rang Sit and told the fella to go to the airport. He was going the right way then suddenly turned off before the Expressway. I'd told him to go on the Expressway as well. I guess he thought I meant 'Do not go'.

Anyway, it was too late. I got the tour of Bangkok. When we finally arrived he didn't have any change and I only had 1000 baht note. The fare was 400 baht. I had to run over to the terminal and get an iced coffee and inhaler in Boots the chemist then run back to the taxi rank. I was a broken man.

The queue in immigration followed by the customs clearance strip off finished me.

Please add those bastards to the list. I forgot them.

11. Thai immigration officers. Let's be honest. 10 years ago they were following buffalo's up a rice field. I reckon for a laugh some Thai fukka dressed them up in a uniform and stuck them behind a desk in the airport.

Edited by Mirkwood

Thai Time or lack of it

No queueing!!

Girls wanting to leave at 7am

Thais still kicking shit out of a guy thats half dead

Putting the price up when things are quiet

But Mirky about this 7/11 bell.

Youve arrived at the airport. The cab is on his way to Pats. The weather is hot. You ask him to stop so you can get a couple of cold beers. Fuck me, that bing bong is the greatest sound in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been here for years, and I still don't quite know what they mean with signs like this.

IMG_20110306_134346.jpg

Here's the referenced waste basket...I don't see any poopy tissue in there.

IMG_20110306_134422.jpg

I've been here for years, and I still don't quite know what they mean with signs like this.

IMG_20110306_134346.jpg

IMG_20110306_134422.jpg

Isnt taking photos in Toilets illegal :chogdee

IMG_20110306_134346.jpg

IMG_20110306_134422.jpg

Cause people use the bum gun first.

Thinking about that sign maybe we are meant to actually drop our turds in the waste basket.

Farangs that live in or visit Thailand and bitch about it being different and wish it was "like home".

Jack

Cause people use the bum gun first.

Thinking about that sign maybe we are meant to actually drop our turds in the waste basket.

Thank god for bum guns then. They are one of the best things about Thailand.

1.Thai guys hustling for massages in the toilets of go go's.

2.Indian taylor touts who go to touch you.

3.Patpong go go touts

4.Service ppl forever hanging around whilst i finish my drink so as they can ask me do i want another.

5.Thai tv.programs

6.khatoeys looking better than the real thing on occasion.

7.suicidal taxi drivers

8.thai gay guys who stare just that fraction too long..you know when it starts to become uncomfortable....and yur forced to revert to the FOC face

9.handing over that airport tax upon departure. :clueless

I agree,The bum gun is fantastic

Edited by ramm
Thank god for bum guns then. They are one of the best things about Thailand.

I will never understand why more advanced countries have never looked at Thailand with their bum guns? Fair enough, some Farangs could not care less about cleanliness, but some of us do. I am lucky as I am pretty regular and manage to have a shower after having a good shit in the morning at home most of the time. :clueless

Staff that pick up my beer and shake it about or look down the neck of the bottle.

Like I don't know when I've finished my beer!

Maybe they think I've finished and enjoying a free show? Who knows. Either way, I'm outta there. Fuck 'em.

You think that's bad in samui they think your an Aussie "G'day mate" all day long. And that 7/11 bell is unbelievable annoying