Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Things that make you crazy in LOS........

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the purpose of the 7/11 ding dong because the shops are so busy and well staffed no one is going to miss a customer coming in. It must be slow torture for the people who work there.

Last time I was at Bangkok airport I looked around for the place to pay the airport tax and kept some baht to one side to pay it and then completey forgot about it. Only now I realise it has been abolished.

Not being allowed to become agitated or show your annoyance at something without fear of being disrespectful.

Being asked if something is "aroy" all the time.

Can't reach a happy medium with the air con.

Trying to ignore beach vendors, but knowing they are still hovering.

Forgetting people don't stop at pedestrian crossings.

Soppy Thai music.

The ones that expect a drink just because they sit next to you and say hello.

Insistence on bargaining for small amounts of money.

Having to consume half a tree with photocopying endless pieces of paper, then signing each one in turn, as soon as you try to do anything involving the Thai authorities. Plus you always forget that one important piece that you have to return home for.

The bloody temple opposite us playing music loudly at 6.30 in the morning, then insisting on reading out everybodys name and the amount they have donated to the temple in the last few days.

Or the tuk tuk/ taxi driver that has just watched you arrive on your motorbike then asks if you want a tuk tuk or taxi ??

Regards

Edited by Fireman Sam

1. Pulling by beer out of the condom every few minute to see if I'm done. Then finding one inch or less, shaking it like a bell in front of my face, asking if I want another.

2. The guys selling sunglasses, while sitting outside starbucks with 20 men, I'm the only one wearing sunglasses, yet the fuck won't go away, he keeps trying to sell the sunglasses. Telling me "made in Vietnam" I point to mine and say, made in America, better. The same guys asks me 3 or 4 time a week.

2. Those selling watches, again, I'm wearing a watch, sitting around people that are not. They go threw their bag until they find one that looks exactly like mine. No matter what I say, they keep negotiating price.

3. People with camera's on walking street. If you walk down the street with a lady, they will step right in front of your way making a finger motion. As if walking street isn't crowded enough, you have to go around them, and a few steps further, another steps in your path making a finger motion.

4. Waiting at a stoplight with two motorbikes to my left, and the light turns green, and the bike furthermost to the left makes a right hand turn while I am going straight.

5. Any amount of sound, at any hour is acceptable.

6. Turning a corner onto a one way street only to find a Thai coming at you head on, as fast as he can drive.

7. Anyone that tries to sell me anything while I'm trying to eat in a restaurant.

Jumping in a cab and going nowhere because the dopey previous occupant is pissing around and trying to pay the driver with a 1,000 Baht note.

Getting stuck behind some idiot in Boots who is trying to pay for 5 Baht inhaler with a 1,000 Baht note.

Getting stuck behind the loony in 7-11 who is demanding to pay his water bill before the payment period start date.

:chogdee

Edited by CheshireTom
Not being allowed to become agitated or show your annoyance at something without fear of being disrespectful.

Being asked if something is "aroy" all the time.

Can't reach a happy medium with the air con.

Trying to ignore beach vendors, but knowing they are still hovering.

Forgetting people don't stop at pedestrian crossings.

Soppy Thai music.

The ones that expect a drink just because they sit next to you and say hello.

Insistence on bargaining for small amounts of money.

Could someone translate "aroy" for me. I would like to know what they are calling me.

I agree !

I met a girl some days ago who works some days per week as a stand-in at Beachclubagogo. She takes over the place of other girls who have a day-off at the gogo.She works parttime as a freelancer also.

I could not reach her by telephone any more and yesterday I found out why.

She had met an Iranian guy at Walking Street who took her ST to a short-time room. He had bargained down to 600 baht for a shorttime.

After they did the deed he took her bag while she was showering and ran off. In the bag was : her ID, 2000 baht cash, her nice telephone and an Iphone of 23.000 baht.

The scumbag had got free sex and goods with a total value of about 30.000 baht

She was in particular very upset by the loss of her Ipod. "I always wanted to have that Ipod and I saved soooooo long for it she said. 23.000 baht is big money for me". Inside I angry but can do nothing".

I checked her story with other girls of Beachclub and they told me it really happened.They mostly laughed about her stupidity and found it funny.

But it ain't funny at all imho. She is a sweet and polite girl,the type of girl who would let you get away with not paying her and she would only be "angry inside" and not stand up for herself.

It;s this kind of things that make me crazy and sad in LOS :chogdee

Thieving Arab bastard :beer

Last time I was at Bangkok airport I looked around for the place to pay the airport tax and kept some baht to one side to pay it and then completey forgot about it. Only now I realise it has been abolished.

Not abolished. With the opening of the new airport it began to be included in the price of your airfare. At that time I had purchased my ticket a few months in advance when the old airport was open so when I checked in shortly after the opening of the new airport I was asked to pay the departure tax because it was not included in my ticket.

when was the last time you went to Thailand?

Come to think of it i didnt hav to pay last year....the last time b4 that was '07...well it annoyed me then.

Y did they abolish that tax?...hav they just incorporated it into the price now?

Edited by ramm

Very little annoys me and even if, its never visceral. I do however look at trip repots here and hate the guy that told Thai girls that it was important, polite and essential to have phots taken of them giving the victory two fingers.

There is a way to track down iphones that are stolen... She should Google it or go to the iphone site and read up on it, and then bring the boys in Brown to visit her Iranian friend...

I agree !

I met a girl some days ago who works some days per week as a stand-in at Beachclubagogo. She takes over the place of other girls who have a day-off at the gogo.She works parttime as a freelancer also.

I could not reach her by telephone any more and yesterday I found out why.

She had met an Iranian guy at Walking Street who took her ST to a short-time room. He had bargained down to 600 baht for a shorttime.

After they did the deed he took her bag while she was showering and ran off. In the bag was : her ID, 2000 baht cash, her nice telephone and an Iphone of 23.000 baht.

The scumbag had got free sex and goods with a total value of about 30.000 baht

She was in particular very upset by the loss of her Ipod. "I always wanted to have that Ipod and I saved soooooo long for it she said. 23.000 baht is big money for me". Inside I angry but can do nothing".

I checked her story with other girls of Beachclub and they told me it really happened.They mostly laughed about her stupidity and found it funny.

But it ain't funny at all imho. She is a sweet and polite girl,the type of girl who would let you get away with not paying her and she would only be "angry inside" and not stand up for herself.

It;s this kind of things that make me crazy and sad in LOS

Excellent list...........really struck a 7/11 bell...............the staff must hear that bloody bell in their sleep.

Also agree with the comment re- Indian 'tailors' I know its their job, and it must be a frustrating job for them ..........But my particular 'hate' is when they call out........''Awrite geezer''.........OK they've assessed somehow correctly that I'm English and from London. But I want to tell them that I WOULD NEVER SPEND A BAHT in a shop that called me 'geezer'....or....''How's it hanging bro'' for that matter.

The only thing else that gets me is the lack of gratitude from all the motor cycle drivers that owe their lives to me.

I ate at a small restaurant next to a 7-11 the other day, and asked the waitress does that ding-dong not drive you crazy? She looked at me as if to say whatya on about..... I suppose we farangs are just too easily annoyed and if my neighbours dogs bark one more time I'm going to poison the fucking mutts.

Yeah, the Indian tailors annoy me too, asking "How Ya Goin' Mate" and trying to shake your hand, knowing that if they do, they have got you to stop. Bastards! (except when I want to purchase something, then it's okay ). Also, air conditioning in my room that I don't have some control over - I fucking near freeze to death in my sleep some nights in those places! :rolleyes:, while in others I fucking well nearly cook. Cunts!

Aroy / Aroi = tasty & I do find some Thais ask too often if whatever dish is tasty or not

Arab used to reference an Iranian really ticks them off

apparently there's an Iranian who owns some bars in Soi Cowboy & they call him the Arab, bet he hates that !

truth is, they consider themselves the true Persians & not Arab, even the language is different from Arabic

oh, a thing that annoys me in LOS is some Thais expecting something for nothing, but you get that in every country

fortunately it's easier to stay away from those types in the 1st World

It sprang to mind... they way they park their vehicles absolutely anywhere that is completely in the way.

They will park behind your bike, blocking you in.

Any workmen that come to my house will park infront of the neighbour's gate, and visa-versa. And there is loads of space to go, out of the way.

Beware you twats who park your bike behind my bike with your steering lock on..... I carry a padlock to exact revenge when I do get free.