Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Doggie,

Count me up for 1 more on the USA side, a friend of mine is comming for his first tpir to the LOS and will play as long as Grendel and I haven't set him up with a Katoey and he's lock himself in his room, lol.

Gammon

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gammon

Will do - hope your mate has a good time. If you are setting him up with a Katoey, suggest you leave it till after the RideHer Cup day. It's hard to swing well with a sore arse!

Cheers

Doggie

Hi Doggie nice to bet back in touch with you mate.  I e-mailed you as well BTW.  I will now check with Green Valley as to what they can offer but then we need to compare with what Phoenix may have offered you already so let me know.  Kho Kheow is excellent too, I played there two days ago with the Haven but on the first 9 the tees were awful and the greens were very slow as they needed cutting, but just a nad day methinks.  Trouble is Kho Kheow is a long way away.

As to tee times I will need to know a reasonably accurate number of players of course and what sort of time you want the first tee offs to be.  I will chat to Ben about this shortly.  

Bear as to rental clubs well I know they are available but having never hired any I cannot at this time answer you but I will ask down at The Haven where I think he does either hire or arrange club rentals.  Most folk I have heard from who rented clubs though were none too happy with the quality of them so I reckon you take pot luck there.  Bring over your own set or at least a useable half set is my advice.

Many thanks Ray. I have been suffering mental anguish over the past 10 months about my form in the Riderher Cup last year and you may have solved the problem.

It was those damm rental clubs!!!!

;D ;D ;D

;D ;D Hi Doggie

Looks like I will be back for my second RHC this year  ;D ;D ;D

I still have my 36 hcp :'( :'(

I try but I dont play any better :-/

I am from Europe  (Norway)

If you should impose a Max hcp of 28 like some suggests

I would not mind.

It is  a good golfing day and the party that is imortant.

And after all I think the Americans deserves some success now after all the hardships they have been thru for the last couple of years   ::) :P

See you there ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nah I am all for 36 handicaps.  I believe both men and women should have the same maximum of 36 i.e. just two shots a hole.  The ladies after all get to play off the forward red tees to make up for their shorter drives (though I have seen some big hitters who were old women ... take Doggie for example  ;D  )

Main thing is that the nadicaps should be validated and if not a maximum of 28 should be imposed.  You can always get a handicap down at the Haven which should be fairly accurate after say 3 games there.

Now there is a greeat way to combat the handicap pirates and it is called playing a "rule 36" game.  With this you do not have any handicap to start with but your handicap is derived from the game itself. So piracy cannot work and the end result is fair and honest and thus the Europeans should still win  ::)  They used this Rule 25 system at the Green Valley members competition the other wekk and it is intrinsically fair and really easy to work out once you understand it.  I will chat about it to Doggie and Ben but if any others want to know how it works then I will post it here.  It is the best way to play a tournament when any handicaps cannot be validated.

Even a 36 handicap would be on the low side for me.  ;D especially as I haven't played for 20 + years. Still, suppose I could always start again sometime in the future

Alan

Hi Everyone:

My [smiley=yikes.gif] wife [smiley=yikes.gif] and [smiley=angel.gif] I [smiley=angel.gif] will be there this year and have booked our flights from USA to Bangkok.  We leave on October 21st and will arrive very early AM in Pattaya on Thursday the 23nd.   I sent an e-mail to Ben to let him know we'll be playing in the 2003 RideHer Cup.

Doggie, FYI my wife's USGA handicap as of 26/07/2003 is 30.4 [smiley=sad.gif] index for 18 holes and mine is 24 [smiley=sad.gif] index for 18 holes, and sometimes for as many as 24 for as few as 12 holes [smiley=Eyecrazy.gif] when you put tournament in front of the word golf.

This will be my wife's first trip out of the country other than to Canada or Mexico. So I'm sure it will be an interesting experience for her.  This will be my 3rd trip to LOS ;D and my second year in the RideHer Cup. I hope that Team Europe knows this years outcome will be different. . . [smiley=toilet_claw.gif] than last year's event!  Sorry, mates!

Both my wife and I are looking forward to playing golf with everyone and my showing my wife all the sites and foods that Pattaya and the area have to offer.  I know it will be a great time for all who will be there playing. . . golf that is?

Regards,

[smiley=devil.gif]

ff29

[smiley=1luvu.gif] [smiley=1luvu.gif] [smiley=1luvu.gif] [smiley=1luvu.gif] [smiley=1luvu.gif] [smiley=1luvu.gif]

[glow=red,2,300]

"I LOVE THE FLB BAR."

[/glow]

[smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif]

Golfer

Great to hear that you will be back for the Cup this year. We hope that you will bring your two friends who were instrumental in giving the USA a good cuffing last year!

ff29

I will add you and your wife to the list of players - great that you will be back and we wont tell your wife any tales from last year.  :-X

Ray

You proposals regarding the 36 handicap look OK but it would not be possible to allocate handicaps based on the event itself. Because we are playing foursomes and four balls the individual scores would not be collected. I would suggest we take people's word but any clear banditry should be dealt with by an on-course handicap revision or modification of the cards when they are handed in (more difficult). I'll give it some more thought - I am not worried about regular golfers - just the maverick 36 handicapper who hits the ball like God!!

Cheers

Doggie

Golfer,

I was wondering if either or maybe both or your Norwegian friends has moved to the US in the past year??  

If no, do either have a family member living in the US???  

If no, do either think they might be coming over to the US in the next year or say 10 (yes a vacation counts)?  

If no, was their favorite movie made in the US???

If no, would they like to see Brittany Spears, J Lo,  Beyonce  or any American woman naked?

If the answer to any of these questions is yes then according article 5, section 12, subparagraph 2 of the RideHer Cup regulations they should be included on the US team.  The regs clearly state "Norwegians who have played in the inaugural RideHer Cup and have gained much needed points for the European team so that they could squeak out a 1/2 point victory over a US team that included a Scotsman  are considered to be on the US team the following year if they answer yes to any of the following questions (see above).

Sorry but regs are regs, without them we would be no better than wild animals.  

Looking forward to Nov to see you all again.

Gren

Posted by: Grendel Posted on: 08/17/03 at 23:31:45

If the answer to any of these questions is yes then according article 5, section 12, subparagraph 2 of the RideHer Cup regulations they should be included on the US team.

Hi Captain Matt,

I think it’s also covered very concisely under the FLB's RideHer Cup By-law [smiley=scared.gif] RULE # 69 [smiley=scared.gif] that allows them to play for Team USA.  We'll be happy to welcome any foreigner, in good standing, under the special waiver rules aforementioned with a 0 handicap or less. . . and Team USA will still pay the [smiley=bonk.gif] BF’s [smiley=bonk.gif] if the losers cry [smiley=crying.gif] “FOUL!” [smiley=crying.gif]

Look forward to seeing you again at this years RideHer's Cup.

Regards,

[smiley=devil.gif]

ff29

[smiley=1luvu.gif] [smiley=1luvu.gif] [smiley=1luvu.gif] [smiley=1luvu.gif] [smiley=1luvu.gif] [smiley=1luvu.gif]

[glow=red,2,300]

"I LOVE THE FLB BAR."

[/glow]

[smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif]

I have great news for The American team ??? ???

My friend (nerest to pin 17.) will be playing his golf in South Africa during the time we play RideHerCup.

But dont  count your winnings yet,

Winner of the BIG SWINGING DICK AWARD WILL BE THERE!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

See you all

8) 8) 8) 8)

Golfer

That's great news - we look forward to both of you playing in the Cup this year.

Please ignore the hysterical postings by the USA captain. He is genuinely worried about the calibre of the European opposition and that is the only reason why he is trying to recruit outside the US borders. Of course, you must play for Europe. Inhabitants or citizens of any country that qualifies for entry to the Eurovison Song Contest are eligible to play for Europe plus any other non-USA golfers that Ian invites to join the team.

I have evry intention of playing for Europe this year. This should be sufficient to give the USA the advantage they are looking for.

See you guys in Pattaya!

Cheers

Doggie

Great to have you back on board Golfer  :P

And for those Americans trying to pinch our Norwegian star performers, Bog Off ;D

Just a map to help our US friends,

This is Europe and anyone who is from these countries can play for Europe in the Rideher Cup

nor.jpg

Cheers

duece

RideHer Cup Teams

Here's a summary of the players that have entered so far:

Team USA

Grendel (Captain)

Gammon Player

Gammon Player's mate

Big Bear

Thumper

ff29

ff29's missus

Irishman

Team Europe

Deuce (Captain)

Ben

Doggie

Ray W

Golfer

The Big Swinging Dick Norwegian

Steve O

These are the players who have posted on this thread confirming their entry. There are still plenty of places - we will accomodate everyone who wants to play. I don't know whether Hilly and Mrs Hilly will be back by then but there will be a place for both of you. The event would not be the same without you!

Please keep the entries coming in. The more players - the bigger the party!

Cheers

Doggie

Ray,

thanks for the info on the clubs.  I will undoubtedly rent when i am there.  I usually only travel with carry-on baggage and condoms are so bulky you know.  I guess i could bring a few less this time since i'll be spending half a day on the course.  

In any event, I don't think rental clubs could be much worse than mine.  By the way, what's the cost for golf balls?  Should i bring a dozen?  Remember, 10 baht saved is a ride to your favorite beer bar! (I know FT, it's only 5 Baht.) Anyway, I intend to play every weekend in October in the hope of avoiding that dreaded tee shot penalty.  (I'm only thinking of those in my group.)  

Thanks for all the effort guys.

Bbear

Deuce,

I am shocked at your geographic mistake.  I have included the following link (I hope this works)

http://www.kingdomtravel.com/epcotmap.htm

to a special place in Orlando, FL which is clearly where Norway is located.  A you can see Norway is right between Mexico and China, please recheck your out of date English maps.

Gren

OK.  Assuming I can change my flight (and do a Visa run) I am in.  I expect this is a 98% good deal as I am pretty good at flight changes and visa runs.   ;D

I am of course playing for the Yanks.   I am no bargain though playing off an unrealistic 7 handicap.  Yeah right.  I think those  Brits in the Lewinski   bar have artificially lowered my handicap just cause I won a few times.   :-[

But I shall endevour to persevere.  Whatever that means.   ;D

OK euros - bring it on.  Oh, and my brit buddy Julian can NOT play for you effers.  He is too damn hot last time I played with him.

Cheers

Jimmy

I will pencil you in for the USA team. 7 handicap eh - then you should enjoy playing foursomes with one of the 36 handicappers. This will ensure that you visit parts of the course you never went to before! And you are blaming the Brits for an unrealistic handicap - last time I was playing at Lewinskis it was a Yank that was running the shop. Have things changed?

Please let your Brit friend know he is welcome to play for the Europe team. If you don't, I'll just have to hunt him down when I get there!

BKK Bob - I'll put you on the list. Glad you can make it this time.

So revised teams are:

Team USA

Grendel (Captain)

Gammon Player

Gammon Player's mate

Big Bear

Thumper

ff29

ff29's missus

Irishman

Jimmybcool

BKK Bob

Team Europe

Deuce (Captain)

Ben

Doggie

Ray W

Golfer

The Big Swinging Dick Norwegian

Steve O

Keep the entries coming in. The USA seem to be taking this seriously so let's see some more Europeans entering the event.

Doggie

Doggie,

The problem is the stupid Congu system.  I have played like a pig for 6 monhts, but every 8 or 9 rounds all my putts find the hole and I shoot a 73 or 74.  This screws me handicap wise.  I prefer the USGA system which more closely follows your current level of play.  But this is better discussed over alchohol IMO.   ;D

As to Lewinskis, yeah, the Yanks are in charge now.  Doesn't seem to help me any though.  And the handicaps are still kept by Steve in Haven (I think) and he isn't a Yank.

As to my  buddy, sorry.  Last I heard he is in Houston (yes, he is a Brit by birth) and won't be back to Thailand this year.  If he does show up I'll be sure to NOT tell him about it.  For a while I was beating him like a bass drum but right now he is kicking my ass.

Bigbear.  I have checked with a few guys who say most Golf courses rent clubs out for about 300 to 500 baht a round.  Seems a lot to me but let me know nearer the time and if you need to rent a set then I will check for you at the courses wherever the cup will be played.

Ah I see you are worried about your balls in Thailand.  Well a lot of guys have the same worry so I understand your predicament.   ;D   Just make sure your caddy keeps them clean and watches them at all times.  Quite honestly you can buy good secondhand balls either at or near most of the courses.  At most courses they are available at the drink stations for 100 baht for 6 or 7 balls and I have even brought a bag of Nike balls in good nick too.  New balls are pretty much the same price hear as in the West and again similarly you frequently do get special offers on some balls when bargains can be had.

Ray,

Please make sure you save a bunch of Nike Balls for Duece to use.  I played a round  at the Thai Navy course with Duece and a few other guys, and Deuce swore after loosing about 4 balls in the water on one hole he would never use Nike Balls again.  He may have actually cussed on that hole too, very un-Duecelike.

Gren