Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hello there

Just came to think about it. I joined this event by sending a PM to Doggie, but I guess it would be polite to write a few words here. I joined because I think it's a great idea, but also to help our american cousins (hcp 36 and not enough) to win this year. But now it seems that we are in for a severe beating if you look at the entrants list. I hope some 'Tigers' will emerge for the european team. I do not know if the price keeps some euro players away, but that price discussion should be easy to solve.

About balls.

I am more like a 'bunker man' myself. Have to check them out, on the other hand. I have never played at courses with much water except from above. But if I have to check both bunkers and lakes etc. then please send a taxi for me next afternoon.

Anyway, happy that I joined and look forward to meet you all.

Best wishes and cheers

thaidane  

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You shut all try some japans balls cold Srixon. It’s the best I ewer tried but its expensive here In Norway. And to over Danish friend. Water is no problem joust fun. Ore what BEN?. You joust have to get it OVER and not INN.  Se you and a nice cold green one in October. Skål [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif]

And som nise ons hear. LOVE SOM TITS   8)

doggie,

U can count one more for the Europeans - I'm in. Two trips to the range haven't left me totally incapacitated (thoroughly demoralised - but that was to be expected :) ) so I'm up for it.

Now I've just got to work out how I can get 48 balls in my bag (nothing less will do) without paying excess baggage !

Cheers

Pie

Witch course will we be playing for the contest this year? ??? ???

Is the Navy Course a suitable golfcourse for this event?

Never played here- but would like to try it.

We dont want narrow fairways and thick rough.

From the courses I'have played I think Phoenix

or Khao Kheow might be the  courses best suited for this event.

If my memory serves me right Phoneix is much closer to Pattaya

What do do you all think? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

See you real soon ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Golfer

The event this year will be played at Kao Kheow according to Ben. I think that this is a good venue and they looked after us well last year. The closing 3 holes we played last year were quite tough so it should ensure an exciting finish for the fourballs if we can play the same 9 for the fourballs.

I agree that the European team is light on low handicappers but our fighting spirit can spur us to victory. Remember the last Ryder Cup where everyone predicted that the likes of Tiger Woods and company would whip our arses. Thanks to our Nordic and Scandiavian players, we showed the USA how to play!

I am sure Deuce will want you all to practice till your hands bleed to get your game in shape for the event!

Hey doggie you would think I am a hard task master. ::)

That is not so but I have worked out a training regime, with no sex, alcohol and plenty of exercise for the 4 weeks before the Rideher Cup. >:o

Kao Kheow was a great venue last year and will look forward to playing it again, especially the island green 17th, could be a very arse twitching hole if the games are close. ;D

Cheers

duece

Hi Deuce

I am in training already. I have been gradually increasing my alcohol intake to get the liver in shape for a 3 week battering!

Regarding the golf, the slice is coming along nicely - if I aim for the drop zone at the 17th there is an outside chance the ball will do its normal 45 degree right turn on to the green! The 17th would certainly be a good place for Pete to position his camera - it would also be my choice for nearest the pin.

Roll on the 28th October!

• 2 weeks later...

I concur that Kao Kheow was a great venue last year and I will look forward to playing it again, also.

Posted by: doggie Posted on: 09/17/03 at 09:53:02

I am in training already. I have been gradually increasing my alcohol intake to get the liver in shape for a 3 week battering!

Doggie,

Glad to hear you're getting your organ(s) in shape for the upcoming 3 week battering.  Just keep a stiff upper lip and all that sort of riot and I’m sure you'll have no troubles sliding a large number of high test beverages down your neck.  As long as I can be assured you're playing for the Europeans this time out, I,ll personally make sure Ben and the crew keep them flowing for you at the Sunday night RideHer Cup pre-game meeting.  Have a safe trip and see you there.

BTW, thumper^ and myself are throwing a newbie coming out party for Mrs ff29 on the Saturday the 8th of Nov at the FLB Bar.  I've contacted Ben via e-mail and I'm setting it up.  Hope you, Gren, and the rest of the crew can make it, too.

[smiley=grins-jump.gif][smiley=grins-jump.gif]

[glow=red,2,300]

"The Cash Cow's

Newbie Coming Out Party."[/glow]

[smiley=grins-jump.gif][smiley=grins-jump.gif]

cowglasses.jpg

Mrs. ff29 isn't so sure the party is such a good idea so we'll have to treat her with "Kid Gloves" of course calf gloves!

cowatailswish.gif

As some may know she's (the Mrs) has never been out of the USA other than to Canada and Mexico.  It should be an interesting flight, party, and night.

19 days 10 hrs 28 mins 44 secs before wheels-up and off to LOS. . . but who’s counting.

Regards,

[smiley=devil.gif]

ff29

[smiley=1luvu.gif] [smiley=1luvu.gif] [smiley=1luvu.gif] [smiley=1luvu.gif] [smiley=1luvu.gif] [smiley=1luvu.gif]

[glow=red,2,300]

"I LOVE THE FLB BAR."

[/glow]

[smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif]

ff29

I will be playing for Europe this year if Deuce will let me! Right now, the USA have more players than Europe - 13 vs 9. I am hoping that Mr and Mrs Hilly might get back to Pattaya in time to play so this would mean that we might have to press gang one of the USA players to turn colours for the day. We are only too pleased to welcome former colonies back to the motherland! However, there is still a month to go and I am hoping that some more players will emerge.

Great news about the party and thanks for the invite. I will be there for sure.

I am not certain that it is a good idea to ply me with drink on the eve of the RideHer Cup. The last time I got blind drunk before a round at Kao Keoh I managed to shoot my best round of the holiday! You have been warned!

See you in Pattaya and have a good trip.

Doggie

Doggie, Yep I think I remember that day you were still pissed from the night before and playing at Khao Kheo and you did indeed play very well, you b*Stard!!  ;D

Anyway bad news is that I almost certainly will not make the RideHer cup as I will likely still be up in Yesotone with my TG so best take me off the list matey.  Hope that we can still get some games in matey whilst you are here as I should be back by about the 5th or 6th November latest.

Ray

I remember that day very well - I went straight out of the bar on to the golf course after Ben and I had taken all the girls from FLB out to a karaoke. Driving on the first tee was a bit of a problem. When I took the back swing, I fell over!

Sorry to hear that you are out of town when the cup is on - we really wanted you to play. I will be around till 17th so we will have plenty of chances to have a game. Can you please IM me with the number of that caddy that you had the last time we played at Phoenix? I still have evil thoughts about her!

What about your shopping list? Please IM or e-mail your requests and I will do my best to oblige (within reason!)

All the best.

Doggie

Ray,

I don't think we've met but sorry to hear you won't be in town for the event.  If you remember, just leave Deuces Nike balls with someone before you go so he can flail away on the island hole.

Gren

Grendel, I don't think we have met matey but I will try and get Deuce some choice balls and leave them with Ben.  These will be special RayW balls chosen with loving care, non-floating but designed to seek the nearest water.  ;D

Doggie my old mucker, well I will e-mail you that caddy number.  I assume it was the one I had that was joking about my repeated scores of 7 on every hole whether a par 3, 4 or 5.

You never know there is an outside chance I will make it but it is extremely unlikely now. I wish the European team every success though  8)

Grendel, I don't think we have met matey but I will try and get Deuce some choice balls and leave them with Ben.  These will be special RayW balls chosen with loving care, non-floating but designed to seek the nearest water.  ;D

8)

covered with crabs, warts and god knows what else! 8)

covered with crabs, warts and god knows what else!

How about some Daddies Tomato Ketchup too  ;D  Baz you old fart, trust you to cast dispersions on my genital health again  :o  I'll have you know the old chap is looking in fine fettle mate  :)

Ray,

More than a tad off topic and I shud to it by PM but I'm off to bed and can't be arsed now as it's more difficult and I'll forget tomorrow (please reply by PM so we don't clog up this thread) but did u locate the processed peas ? If not gizza shout and I will endeavour to bring a few tins with me later this month.

Cheers

Pie

OK our flights are booked and we get home on the 25th Oct as long as nothing more goes wrong to stop us.

I will play although the last time I hit a ball was in Feb. I deserve a 36 H/C methinks.

A.M. is a little retiscent to play as she has hardly played at all since last Ryder Cup but says she will join us for the day and see if there are any caddies worth chatting to. Heheheh.

CYA in a few days.

Hi Hilly and A.M.,

Looking forward to you both being back in Pattaya. From the sounds of your posts you’ve had a tough go of it back home. I hope all is settling down for you now. I'm bringing the [smiley=yikes.gif] Mrs. [smiley=yikes.gif] this trip and both of us will be playing in the RideHer Cup 2003. We'll be arriving in Pattaya early in the morning on the 23 October about 2 AM or so.

See ya at the FLB Bar. My Mrs. has never been abroad so for a first trip Pattaya, Thailand LOS should be an interesting experience for her and for [smiley=scared.gif] me [smiley=scared.gif] her being along this trip.

Have a safe trip and we'll see you at the FLB or at least the RideHer Cup Game.

Off to Thailand in:

7 days 2 hr's 52 min's 26 sec's and wheels-up. . .But who's counting?

Regards,

[smiley=devil.gif]

ff29

[smiley=1luvu.gif] [smiley=1luvu.gif] [smiley=1luvu.gif] [smiley=1luvu.gif] [smiley=1luvu.gif] [smiley=1luvu.gif]

[glow=red,2,300]

"I LOVE THE FLB BAR."

[/glow]

[smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif]

Great news Hilly. ;D ;D

Would not have been the same without you and AM.

Will even try to fix the Air-con on the bus for you.

Cheers and looking forward to it (and the golf) ::)

Duece

Hilly

Great to hear that you will be back in time for the RideHer Cup!

But I am shocked and stunned that AM is reticent about playing - she was the absolute star of the event last year! What better way to bond with the caddies than sat next to one in a buggy with the opportunity to compare tits between the tees? So what if she hasn't played for a year - that puts her level with most of the European team.

Can you convince her to play if we promise to let her have the very first pick from all of the available caddies?

AM - please reconsider!  :-[ :-[ :'( :'(

Hi guys and I am working on it. We might be able to convince her to play if we get her totally pissed the night before and Mat promises to play in her four so she has someone she can trust not to laugh. Yeeeeeeeeeeeehe.

Brave move ff29 and A.M. will show her the ropes. Its OK it was a joke. See you in the bar for a sleep on the 24th. Safe trip to you two buddy.

Deuce howdy partner and if we get coupled up again lets see if we can compete on a fair basis this year. Lets all be 36's.

Doggie. A.M has just come up to my study and seen your appeal to her. She went Arrrrrrrrrrrrrre.

She has said OK as long as she can play with Ben. Reason. Ben's play makes her feel less like a beginner.

OK guys I never do the countdown thing so the fact that we have 7days and 30 minutes to go before our flight is totally irrelevant.

Hilly

[glow=red,2,300]She has said OK as long as she can play with Ben.[/glow]

That's great news - everyone will be delighted that AM is joining in. And, of course she can play with Ben - I can't think of anyone else that would volunteer to carry Ben round 18 holes! I will let Deuce know that AM and Ben are a compulsory pairing.

I have a mailing list for sending out the teams and the rules. I will add AM to the European Team and send you the final version of the rules when I have finished them - hopefully at the weekend. If you IM me your e-mail address, I'll put you on the list.

My travel agent has finally managed to get me on a flight leaving Sunday 26th so I'll see you in Pattaya just as you are recovered from the jet lag.

All the best to both of you.

Doggie

......and I'm not counting..... [smiley=angel.gif]

Great to see AM playing again, she adds a couple of great assets to our Euro team.  ::)

Of course Ben and AM can play together (that's playing golf) goes without saying, but just did not want to give Grendel clues about our Euro pairings before the day (whoops bloody said it now)  :-/ I know the Americans will try anything to win the trophy. Grendel will be having sleepless nights already working out his pairings and wondering what we are up to.  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers Duece