Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

There has been some interesting comments from Dontchas post on motor bikes. I have never used a motor bike taxi in Pattaya but would be interested to hear back from members as to the safeness or otherwise. I know that the girls use these all the time and I have never heard one express that they feel unsafe or have been in an accident. I have always made the assumption that someone that does this line of work 7 days a week must be pretty shit hot at surviving the traffic woes of Pattaya.

As a matter of secondary interest, what sort of fee do they expect?

Edited by teelack

Probably the only problem you will encounter is that they sometimes ride to quickly or take too many chances. Just say "cha cha" ...slowly.... and get them to slow down if yu are not comfortable. try to make sure you have small bills to pay with as they will never have change,

There has been some interesting comments from Dontchas post on motor bikes. I have never used a motor bike taxi in Pattaya but would be interested to hear back from members as to the safeness or otherwise. I know that the girls use these all the time and I have never heard one express that they feel unsafe or have been in an accident. I have always made the assumption that someone that does this line of work 7 days a week must be pretty shit hot at surviving the traffic woes of Pattaya.

Motorbike taxi is faster and easier to use, they have the ability to "weave" in/out of heavy traffic

It is nice ,as on a Baht bus you are waiting for traffic or constantly stopping for the one extra person

But as with any type of transportation in LOS, it is a dangerous option with little or no protection

I will never take one during Songkran, as I have watched people spray the driver in the face, causing a very bad accident (farangs)

I always take MB taxis and have never had any accidents..yet..It is the fastest way to get around Pats..Price normaly 30-40 baht depending on distance.

Make a deal with the driver before you get on so no suprises..

Edited by vego2u

I stay in a condo in Jomtien on my trips and when I head down to Pattaya, I take the baht bus and they works out fine for me. Later in the evening however I will take a motorcyle taxi as they are much quicker to get back. Otherwise I have to wait on a bus that are lined up on 2nd road and wait till they are filled up, which is a pain in the ass. There was only one time during the afternoon one day the a driver took too many chances and was going too close in between cars. Other than that one time, I have been satisfied with their driving. They usually ask between 40 and 60 baht for the distance back to the condo and I give them 20 baht tip on average.

Next time you are out and about on the street or in a gogo, look at Thai girls legs and knees. The scars on their legs is widespread, most of these have been caused on motocy.

Next time you are out and about on the street or in a gogo, look at Thai girls legs and knees. The scars on their legs is widespread, most of these have been caused on motocy.

Motocy lady bar not same-same motocy taxi.

I always use motorcycle taxis and rarely bother with baht buses. They're fast and generally honest. Get a crew you know and stick with them, they'll take good care of you.

Also, it's hard to get your pocket picked when you're the only passenger on the vehicle.

I just started using them on the last trip. I was pretty scared of them as i know a couple people who have been killed back home on bikes and a few who have been injured. But i got stuck on 3rd road at night with a fellow BM and his thai GF who rode his bike and we needed to goto my hotel and no BB where in sight. So i sucked it up and got on one and to my surprise it wasnt bad. Then i used them the rest of the trip. way faster and worth extra baht. only had one close call and that was on soi cyber cow with an asshole pulling out in front of us and driving driving very slow to top it off. I highly recommend them. Where the helmet they give you and if he seems drunk DON'T get on the bike.

I just started using them on the last trip. I was pretty scared of them as i know a couple people who have been killed back home on bikes and a few who have been injured. But i got stuck on 3rd road at night with a fellow BM and his thai GF who rode his bike and we needed to goto my hotel and no BB where in sight. So i sucked it up and got on one and to my surprise it wasnt bad. Then i used them the rest of the trip. way faster and worth extra baht. only had one close call and that was on soi cyber cow with an asshole pulling out in front of us and driving driving very slow to top it off. I highly recommend them. Where the helmet they give you and if he seems drunk DON'T get on the bike.

Not to mention the other mind altering substances that are their standard fare.

Motobike taxis are generally pretty safe IMO. You have to remember it's not just your life they have in their hands its their own as well. I doubt they enjoy risking their own lives. Just watch out at night time for those that might be drunk, shouldn't happen much but did happen to me once and I'm glad I got to my destination in one piece. I always rent my own bikes and don't use them much unless I have to.

I think most farangs have used a motorbike taxi from time to time, including me. I know that LDK thinks nothing about jumping on the back of one. I'm one of those guys who will normally patiently wait for a baht bus. Maybe it's because I am retired and live here. I have no schedule to keep and am NEVER in a hurry.

if you want to get to WS motorbike taxi is the only option unless you want to be stuck on the back of a baht bus for 20 minutes

Only option? Never tried walking?

Jeez, and you're a Postman right?

I always hold on to the guy tight so that (he knows) if there's an accident I can use him to break my fall.... :rotflmao squidge.... I also say "chacha" a lot - not interested in getting there too quick :whistling: .

Part of the holiday...

Andy Cap

I use them all the time, never had a problem, apart from the time I shared one with BG, it was a bit of a tight squeeze, and as I had taken a Kamagra, and the BG was very touchy feely, the 20bht wasnt the only tip the driver got :rolleyes:

I use them all the time, never had a problem, apart from the time I shared one with BG, it was a bit of a tight squeeze, and as I had taken a Kamagra, and the BG was very touchy feely, the 20bht wasnt the only tip the driver got :thumbup

LOL

:clap2 :clap2 :clap2 :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

I use them, too. They can weave in and out and they also know the small back sois for shortcuts. Never been nervous.

I offer a price to the driver first (I make sure I have that amount loose), usually about 10 baht more than a Thai would pay. Everyone wins and no aggro when you arrive at destination and no messing about over change.