Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pattaya beach is filthy and full of rats

Let us beware what we say. Big Brother is watching closely. He might decide to make it mandatory for Farangs to arrive with a suitcase full of foreign currency only. I have been a beachcomber for most of my life, but sadly have stopped being one, shortly after I decided to move to Pattaya. Maybe it is time to look for greener pastures?

that's my goal in life get a metal detector retire and become a BEACH COMBER. its not like i am asking for much out of life. lol. :crying:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have got to get a picture of the pumping station when it is doing a full discharge onto the beach...

:chogdee

We discharged at the Pump Station on the Wednesday Crawl. :crying:

You don't swim in the sea in Pattaya.......you just go thru the 'motions'

Amongst the worst I ever saw though was on a school football trip to Cannes in the year of Woodstock..............and' Brute' aftershave.

The beautifully clear Cannes waters were turned shite brown as a rainstorm carried the detritus of the entire town's street drains directly into it.

I've seen dirty beaches on or 'in' every continent...And there are no, 'clean hands' anywhere in the world.

However I'm in no way minimising Patttaya's record. I've lived here 3 yrs now and apart from a couple of jet-skis to teach my son I've kept out of the bay.

Judging by the number of 'waste' wading falangs the only reason they go in anyway is to have a piss.

Bloody foreigners. Here's another example of bloody filthy foreigners. The beach at....

bangor.jpg

... Bangor, County Down

No kidding. It's as bad as this one at Portrush.

portrush.jpg

Joe you need to get over the whole shooting the messenger if he shows proof of failings by Thai authorities.

I started the post because I was disgusted looking at the rats running around amongst the garbage on the beach.

Pattaya beach is a health hazard and instead the the boys in city hall targeting working girls they should make an effort to clean the beach.

You showed a couple of yards of a blackspot in Northern Ireland that is not known as an international beach.

In the Republic of Ireland we have what you call the Blue Flag standard and 75 beaches hold that very high standard.

blue flag beaches in Ireland

Of coures we have some litter blackspots but thankfully our Nanny state imposes an on the spot fine of €127 on any lowlife that litters the place.

The reality nobody here on this mongers board or in Pattaya should worry about beaches other than the one we are expected to use in Pattaya.

City hall and the BIB could make a fortune in impossing litter fines and I hope that they do.

I stand by what I said that people from Russia and India nonchalantly throw litter on the ground.

Pattaya beach is in a disgraceful state so please stop trying to detract from that basic message by saying there are dirty beaches elsewhere

You didn't quote me excusing poor standards because you couldn't. You're fantasising. I don't excuse poor standards OR blaming the foreigners for those poor standards.

I reckon you're fantasising. He made no such comparison. I reckon he didn't mention Spain or anywhere else except Pattaya.

Why do you reckon he meant Spain? That's so weird I'm actually interested.

Joe. Sorry mate. I'm not in the mood these days for your , eh, shit :lol: I refrained from commenting on your other ludicrous posting of New York decades ago when Dontcha posted a current photo of Pattaya's 2011 lack of safety as I didn't want a debate. I just don't understand your need to go off topic and search for faults in western countries no matter how many decades ago. :unsure: Nowhere is perfect Joe .Beaches. Health and safety. But Dontcha is discussing Patts as he is in Patts and it's a Patts forum!!!!!!. And many of us reckon he has a point for a resort wanting to go up market. I would suggest you stay on topic. But up to you. Sorry I'm in a shit mood recently :kissing First beer is on me mate. :chogdee

As a tourist town,the beach should be cleaned daily as the average thai stall holder are dirty fuckers,especialy after a heavy storm,the cleaners should be there waiting for the tide to ebb and clean the fucking beach up before the first tourists wake up.There are enough fuckers to do this,just get the cops on the job instead of raiding soi 6 ffs.The beach is one of the most important parts of tourism,when will these thick twats realise this

Joe you need to get over the whole shooting the messenger if he shows proof of failings by Thai authorities.

I started the post because I was disgusted looking at the rats running around amongst the garbage on the beach.

Pattaya beach is a health hazard and instead the the boys in city hall targeting working girls they should make an effort to clean the beach.

The reality nobody here on this mongers board or in Pattaya should worry about beaches other than the one we are expected to use in Pattaya.

City hall and the BIB could make a fortune in impossing litter fines and I hope that they do.

I stand by what I said that people from Russia and India nonchalantly throw litter on the ground.

Pattaya beach is in a disgraceful state so please stop trying to detract from that basic message by saying there are dirty beaches elsewhere

The unfortunate reality is that the majority of that rubbish is the result of Thais.

The garbage barges that take refuse from Koh Larn regularly drop their "load" before returning to the mainland and then head back to Koh Larn for another pickup.

Depending on wind and current directions it either drifts out into the Gulf or lands on a beach somewhere nearby.

On some days the garbage "slick" that results from the dumping can be more than 100m across and plays sheer bloody havoc with the propellors of the larger boats servicing the tourist industry. On 2 occasions over the last 6 months we've had to stop and unwrap "plastic bag fish" from the prop because some lazy fucking Thai operator was trying to save a few baht at the expense of the Pattaya beaches.

If you got rid of the selfish Thai element and the scamming jetski operators, then policed the beach area to stop the lazy falangs throwng rubbish over their shoulder Pattay beach would scrub up quiet well. Sadly I cant see this happening in my lifetime.

Cheers :unsure:: Admiral Ken

PS: When are you lot going start to realise that most of the bad ones are NOT Russian? Try learning to tell the difference between Russians and Arabs for christ sake. Most of the Russians I know here (and they now constitute more than 50% of my business) are HORRIFIED by people discarding rubbish in the streets. The same can't be said about the "pack Indians" unfortunately, so you did get half of it right.

Most of the rubbish looks like it has been washed up rather than discarded directly onto the beach.

The sea conditions in the Gulf have been pretty rough since the beginning of the week so the rubbish could have come from anywhere. Blaming the current state of the beach primarily on the presence of Russians and Indians in Pattaya is stretching things a bit. Even my local beach has been affected to some extent this last week and there isn't a Russian or Indian to be seen for miles around.

If you got rid of the selfish Thai element and the scamming jetski operators, then policed the beach area to stop the lazy falangs throwng rubbish over their shoulder Pattay beach would scrub up quiet well. Sadly I cant see this happening in my lifetime.
If I buy a bottle of beer or can of coke on the beach, I expect the deckchair operator should clear up the empties. A small trash can near the chairs might work too. I have not seen many trash cans on the beach itself.... there are perhaps some up on the promenade, packed full, and I fear stuffing something in there for whatever might reside there.
You don't swim in the sea in Pattaya.......you just go thru the 'motions'

Amongst the worst I ever saw though was on a school football trip to Cannes in the year of Woodstock..............and' Brute' aftershave.

The beautifully clear Cannes waters were turned shite brown as a rainstorm carried the detritus of the entire town's street drains directly into it.

I've seen dirty beaches on or 'in' every continent...And there are no, 'clean hands' anywhere in the world.

However I'm in no way minimising Patttaya's record. I've lived here 3 yrs now and apart from a couple of jet-skis to teach my son I've kept out of the bay.

Judging by the number of 'waste' wading falangs the only reason they go in anyway is to have a piss.

The beach in Cannes seemed alright when I hitchhiked in that area in the early sixties on my school breaks. The beach in Nice was less impressive, having pebble stones instead of sand. When I think back, the South of France was one of the best places I have ever visited. Like I said previously, I would like to turn the clock back, which is unfortunately impossible, but no-one can rob me of the memories. I forgot to mention. A couple of lovely French girls taught me a few things and they were free lessons as well, for a skinny young student with little money in his pocket. I am not complaining, as I have now been living with the same Thai woman for more than 6 years. She is all I ever want these days and never mind Macha Bucha day, when she won't jump on top of me. All she wants is a good feed and a good fuck on any other day. :allright

You had your night vision goggles with you? :allright
They are setting up for the music festival, 3 nights from tonight.

It was also nearly full moon, high in the sky.

Plenty of light about.... :thumbup

Come back when you know something.

Edited by jacko

Mr Slices and Mr Tom, my semi-apologies, I wrote all of the following before I came to your posts making similar points:

You showed a couple of yards of a blackspot in Northern Ireland that is not known as an international beach.

In the Republic of Ireland we have what you call the Blue Flag standard and 75 beaches hold that very high standard.

dontcha, you have got to stop taking personally every comment on one of your threads in this forum. You'll go nuts.

But since YOU absolutely insist on veering this thread another direction: How many Irish blue beaches lost their status last year? Also, do you have any idea how many beaches there are in Thailand? 75 beaches? haha, I mock your 75 blue beaches and raise you at least 200 more.

Pattaya beach is almost always a polluted disgrace. It's more a testament to the problem of over-touristing a place, any place at all, any country at all, than to the bloody Russians or the kawdam Thais. Yes, more tourists should pick up their stuff, and yes, the City Hall should resume their once-a-day beach raking, no doubt. But if you look at YOUR photos, an awful lot of that stuff washed up, no one dropped it or left it behind. ONE of the problems of Pattaya beach compared with many other beaches is its exact location for being the place where ALL the crap from miles and miles around washes up.

If every Russian and every vendor scrupulously AND every Tom, Dick and jacko cleaned HIS garbage (which not all of them do, as jacko reports), Pattaya beach would be filthy.

Almost all beaches in Thailand are very clean, bluer than blue. Pattaya and about a dozen others are horrible. But it's not the people per se, it's the NUMBER of people. It's not possible to put hundreds of people in hundreds of square metres anywhere on Earth, without a huge mess. Just look at what's left behind at any outdoor concert or picnic day at the park in your precious Ireland.

Joe. Sorry mate. I'm not in the mood these days for your , eh, shit lol

But obviously you are lols

But Dontcha is discussing Patts as he is in Patts and it's a Patts forum!!!!!!.

So why did you channel him that he was also discussing Spain?

Edited by joekicker
The beach in Cannes seemed alright when I hitchhiked in that area in the early sixties on my school breaks.

The early 60s. heh. That was a couple of semesters ago. Lots of hits for "cannes pollution" on this screaming new Internet thingmy they invented after the early 60s.

Right after you were there, the signs went up. Coincidence?

poll.jpg

on the Gold Coast here in OZ we have an excellent system.

every morning in the wee hours the beches are thourghly clean by specially designed beach cleaning trucks.Some kind of scooping system.The sand is levelled out in the process.

Foreign tourists of different kinds and some aussies to I guess, leave rubbish on a regular basis in the sand, not the least of which is ciggie butts,Garbage tins are placed on the beach during the day and collected sometime after dark and stored higher up on the beach so the tides dont wash them away.In fact they are probably locked up so the fwits dont use them as weapons in fights overnight.

The local council is incharge of it and bears all the cost.

Long ago we reaalised that tourist areas benefit from tourists and the local council benefits from that so they must bear the cost in maintaining the areas.

Councils have since admitted that apart from the moral responsibilty they have found the cleaner the beach is the more tourists it attacts and hence the greater the capacity to levy businesses etc to pay for the clean ups because the businesses benefit from extra tourists.Tourists tend to stay longer as well.

The beaches in the eastern suburbs of sydney, including world famous bondi beach use the same system.

Toursism thailand has yet to cotton on to the concept that you need to spend a few $$$ that dont have a direct revenue stram attatched to them.

on the Gold Coast here in OZ we have an excellent system.

every morning in the wee hours the beches are thourghly clean by specially designed beach cleaning trucks.Some kind of scooping system.The sand is levelled out in the process.

thailand has yet to cotton on to the concept that you need to spend a few $$$ that dont have a direct revenue stram attatched to them.

Way back in the dimly remembered days of the mid aughts, Pattaya itself and Jomtien had a small army of beach rakers. They did quite an excellent job, the beaches were clean when Ivan and Pradeep showed up to strew their garbage yet again. I *seem* to remember this was daily but it might have been less often - but anyhow, it occurred. I guess it still does happen from time to time or the beaches would be simply garbage dumps, but it seems less clean these days.

They are setting up for the music festival, 3 nights from tonight.

It was also nearly full moon, high in the sky.

Plenty of light about.... :chogdee

Come back when you know something.

Oops, touched a raw nerve, excuse me while I search out that button, ahh, there it is....sense of humour disengaged.

Straight face from now on. :chogdee

there is a beach on Stewart island at the bottom of NZ that no one really goes to. they pick up 3ton of rubbish a year the currents take there. the rubbish on the beach may not even be from pattaya. apparently theirs a big whirl pool in the middle of the pacific ocean with tons and tons of trash just going around and around. the worlds going to hell in a hand cart. :chogdee

That might maim a few copulating Russian couples.

Dontcha .......... spookily.....it seems everyone agrees that Pattaya beach is dirty......Must be because...... it ....IS....... Shockingly so in some places.

That should mean 'end of'.............Just it's not how the forum works..........why 'waste' an opportunity to argue just because there's general agreement on a topic. It's always possible to pick holes in 'agreement' Who's to blame...Who's qualified to cast the first tin can........and so on......

We're all guilty of it...........some more than others.

So dontcha rise, 'me boy' to personal taunts.

The thing that I find sad about this was bought to mind when last at Patong beach in Phuket. I was aware of how many locals made their living from that beach yet they were prime suspects in being some of the biggest litterers. I thought is so sad that the locals were just not interested in keeping their bread and butter clean and tidy.

The thing that I find sad about this was bought to mind when last at Patong beach in Phuket. I was aware of how many locals made their living from that beach yet they were prime suspects in being some of the biggest litterers. I thought is so sad that the locals were just not interested in keeping their bread and butter clean and tidy.

To give credit......The Jomtien beach workers are out before dawn setting up umbrellas, raking sand and cleaning up their spot. Most of the debris comes in with the tide. I assume the Pattaya crowd is much the same ...

The morning after Loy Kratong is their biggest challenge.