Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pattaya beach is filthy and full of rats

So why did you channel him that he was also discussing Spain?

Because so many of us from Dontcha's part of the world are more used to the higher standards of Spain etc. The piss poor standards we get in los irritates us at times. But maybe better to discuss in another thread.

Why did you start talking about Bangor, Portrush and Marina Del Ray? ....Bottom line Joe. Stay on topic and the rest of us won't feel the need to put you right! :kissing

But let's not prolong this debate. I'm bored already. Move on please Joe.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did you start talking about Bangor, Portrush and Marina Del Ray? ....Bottom line Joe. Stay on topic and the rest of us won't feel the need to put you right! allright

Refresh my mind, please. What was the argument, the disagreement about? I don't recall a phrase that you (or I) *could* correct, let alone that you did so.

But I'm curious. If you're so bored, why do you keep reading, diving in and actively participating?

Pics taken this week. Posted by ChangFai on another board. Notice that they are pushing the trash back into the sea. Not cleaning the beach.

bech.jpg

beach2.jpg

Even if there were no trash on Pattaya Beach I'd still think it was filthy. Just the sand alone is filthy nasty. Its feels stained with grease from all the food droppings.

I cannot believe they are just pushing the trash back into the ocean.

How f*cking sad is that?

No respect for their own country's resources.

Ridiculous, and outrageous.

I cannot believe they are just pushing the trash back into the ocean.

How f*cking sad is that?

No respect for their own country's resources.

Ridiculous, and outrageous.

It is hard to believe, isn't it??

It is hard to believe, isn't it??

Definitely. You got a picture of them doing that? It's so hard to believe from the pics that show them pushing trash in a line towards the waterline. Even Somchai Doofus would surely realise that pushing the trash into the ocean is, er, NOT pushing the trash into the ocean?? Maybe not, but surely the photo taker stuck around another minute or two to verify that?

Even NYC has mechanical street sweepers on a regular basis.

I suspect that a similar device could clean the beach in Pattaya in two passes in about an hour.

After some heavy rain, the beach at Pattaya is pretty disgusting.

Pics taken this week. Posted by ChangFai on another board. Notice that they are pushing the trash back into the sea. Not cleaning the beach.

I was wondering if we could do some good here. What if hundreds of boardies were to email copies of the photos to the Mayor of Pattaya. At the very least it would be a positive step.

Definitely. You got a picture of them doing that? It's so hard to believe from the pics that show them pushing trash in a line towards the waterline. Even Somchai Doofus would surely realise that pushing the trash into the ocean is, er, NOT pushing the trash into the ocean?? Maybe not, but surely the photo taker stuck around another minute or two to verify that?

Yes, my experience of seeing Somchai cleaning his patch did actually involve him removing the rubbish... and throwing it back into the sea further along.

Is the rubbish some clever scheme to prevent the erosion of the sand?

Edited by jacko
Posts like this make me wonder why y'all come to Pattaya. It isn't like you can do anything about it.

I wonder if we might be missing something here. First one caveat. I rarely go to the beach. So the garbage there doesn't bother me in the least. I'm here for the pussy. BUT. a great many tourist, especially tourists with families, do come to Pattaya for a beach holiday. I have read many complaints on this board about how the Pattaya city fathers are trying to clean up the city's image to more as a clean, wholesome place for a family vacation. Well, the more tourists that return home and tell their friends how filthy the beaches are here, the fewer will come next year. And the fewer that come every year, then the slower the inevitable gentrification of Pattaya will be.

It is hard to believe that the photo taker would stick around to see what he said was happening, actually was happening. I only reposed two of his pics, he stuck around long enough to take many more. We are talking Thai's here. They do things the Thai way. Why would you think that they would push trash to the water line, and then stop pushing? Look for your self, you can clearly see where trash was pushed to the water line, yet there isn't a pile of trash there. Obviously, they kept pushing into the water.

Those two photos only illustrate that the beach is filthy. I don't see any garbage floating in the water.

I can understand why you'd rake the crap towards the shoreline as opposed to the promenade.

Look for your self, you can clearly see where trash was pushed to the water line, yet there isn't a pile of trash there. Obviously, they kept pushing into the water.

Yeah, well, jacko had a sort-of explanation.

The thing is that if you push trash to the water, you, er, haven't pushed it anywhere, it comes right back. jacko thinks they all work on their own patches, and effectively push the trash to the next-door neighbour, which I can kinda buy except if you do that to the left, wouldn't the guy to the right be doing it to you? If I had to guess, which I don't since you say this, but if I had to guess, I'd guess the pics show them pushing the trash down the beach to one big pile at the water line where it is picked up OR taken out and dunked offshore. Because just pushing it six inches into the water - even if it's on the patch of the guy to the left instead of your patch - seems nonsensical and utterly useless. And why work to have a useless result?

It's not so much I don't believe it, as I can't grasp it. It doesn't make my "Thai logic" scale, not this one.

It is hard to believe that the photo taker would stick around to see what he said was happening, actually was happening. I only reposed two of his pics, he stuck around long enough to take many more. We are talking Thai's here. They do things the Thai way. Why would you think that they would push trash to the water line, and then stop pushing? Look for your self, you can clearly see where trash was pushed to the water line, yet there isn't a pile of trash there. Obviously, they kept pushing into the water.

I just don't see anything in the photos shown to indicate they are pushing the trash into the water. It's pure conjecture, based on the photos, to say "Obviously, they kept pushing into the water".

It makes sense to use the smoother waterline sand area to make a line of trash that can be easily picked up once it is in a line. I've seen the same thing back in the days when Mexican gardeners actually raked and picked up leaves rather than blowing them into the neighbors' yards in California.

A photo of someone actually pushing the trash into the water, rather than putting it in an easily picked up line would help a lot to make the case that that is what is being shown.

To reiterate joek's comment, pushing it into the water, whether 6 inches or 3 feet is not going to accomplish anything at making the beach look cleaner. Everything will come in with the next wave and be left at the water line as before.

Any pictures of the trash being pushed into the water?

No, the person that took the pictures said it was being pushed into the water. I have no reason not to believe him. Obviously he was there long enough to see where the trash went. None of the pics show trash in a mound, or anyone with a can or bag picking anything up. 2SS said that the Thai boats throw trash into the water. I guess with out pics, that doesn't happen either. Bags of trash floating behind a boat wouldn't mean that that boat threw it. A Thai man with a bag of trash at the edge of the boat, wouldn't be an that he threw it. There would have to be three pics, one with a Thai man with a bag of trash in his hand, another of the bag in the air, to show that it was thrown, and one pic of the trash in the water, to show where it landed. Possibly a 4th, of the boat driving away, so that we wouldn't think that they plucked it back out of the water.

This kind of reminds me of my ex-girlfriend. Unless she actually saw me push the button on the dish washer, I hadn't done the dishes.

We've had underage bargirl apologists, pimp bar owner apologists, extortionate barfine apologists etc......................now we've got dirty beach apologists.

You couldn't make this up. :kissing

We've had underage bargirl apologists, pimp bar owner apologists, extortionate barfine apologists etc......................now we've got dirty beach apologists.

You couldn't make this up. :kissing

I'd describe it as more of an unsubstantiated claim based on dubious proof and speculation.

Oh hell. I'll just jump on the bandwagon.

Oh those silly, ignorant, dirty Thais are so much below our Western standards.

How's that?

I'd describe it as more of an unsubstantiated claim based on dubious proof and speculation.

Oh hell. I'll just jump on the bandwagon.

Oh those silly, ignorant, dirty Thais are so much below our Western standards.

How's that?

You're learning. :kissing

You're learning. :kissing

Gotcha!

Thanks for being the catalyst to my rather late epiphany.

Now I've seen the light.