Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

worst room you ever had

mine was a few years back we booked in the high five

and the dump burnt up so we had no hotel

ended up in the mike hotel near garden plaza

small room lookin out into a 7 foot by 12 foot courtyard

didnt dare take a girl back

shed have paid me

Koh Samet........ went there on a thai holiday and couldn't find a fookin room, ended up at the back of a bar/restaurant in a fleapit for 120 baht - left for Koh Chang next morning, never been back to Samet since.

Torn between two - both of which I paid 200 baht for. The first was in Chiang Mai. No air con, TV or hot water and the bed base was wood and so old it had carvings all over it from people that had stayed there dating back from the eighties. I still took a girl back there before I changed to a better hotel. The other was in Siem Reap in Cambodia. The room had a bed in it and nothing else and when I mean nothing else I mean NOTHING.........stayed there for two nights while I visited the temples at Angkor and then moved on.......

Skyslops. From dodgy up front payment demands to dangerous electrics, it must be the worst rooms in Pattaya. And yet, a BM sent other BMs to it with the lie that it was newly refurbed :D

The worst hotel room I've stayed in wasn't in Thailand, it was in London. The room wasn't much bigger than the single bed it contained - and this was a supposed 3* hotel!!! The only good thing about it was I didn't pay for it.

in Pattaya - Carlton, 2nd road. I thought the paint was going to fall off the ceiling on me & the door had to be kick closed because it was so warped from getting wet from the leaking ceiling.

in PI - a little hovel in Olongapo that was basically a treehouse

in Samet - a treehouse similar to the one in PI, & like the one in PI there was no way to keep theives out, so had to stay near it or carry all your personal gear with you everywhere

it was easy in the PI cause all I had was condoms, lube & an ATM card, but in Samet I was with the TGF.

in BKK - not SO bad, but it was the hotel Eden uses, the room was so small that the door didn't fully open before hitting the bed. At least it had a DVD player to keep the TGF occupied while I went & got another room in another soi for shaggin' FLs from Subway & surrounds.

in Chiang Mai - a seedy ST hotel near the backpacker hangouts that had chickens in whicker baskets in the courtyard, LOL

I'm sure I'll think of more later, cause I've been in some doozies working all around LOS. Songkla had a real horror story, but can't remember the name.

The worst hotel room I've stayed in wasn't in Thailand, it was in London. The room wasn't much bigger than the single bed it contained - and this was a supposed 3* hotel!!! The only good thing about it was I didn't pay for it.
I've had the same there and even worse, I paid a lot for it!

In Pattaya it has to be Ziggy's on 2nd Rd between Sois 7 & 8. Staff was cool and I love the little bar, but the room was very seedy and well over-priced at about 600 baht. Picked up a girl who was just wandering drunk up Soi 7 at about 4AM. She was no prize, but sexy in an older, slutty kinda way. Doing her in that room was a priceless, seedy, low-rent experience. :gulp

Almost rented a 180 baht room on Khao San Rd when I was in BKK in January. As SS said above, it was just a bed in a closet-sized room. Looked like the room where Leonardo DiCaprio stayed at the beginning of "The Beach". Went for a 500 baht room a few doors down instead, and it had the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in.

most rooms on Khao Sahn, for 180 Baht, are going to be shared with others & have gym style lockers for storing your personal items.

• 2 weeks later...

In Hong Kong - The place was a dump. Small, no windows and a rat chewed on a souvenir that I purchased. When asking the front desk lady if they had rats, she vehemently denied it. My next question was if she had a rat trap. She replied by pulling out a huge trap and handing it to me.

Pattaya - On Soi Chaiyapoon. One of those 180/baht places. Never saw such a grubby room in my life. Stains on all the walls... Ugh.

FatherMojo

In a small railroad town in Saskatchewan next to the tracks was bad enough but in addition to the tone deaf country band two floors down in the bar to two a.m. the hotel had settled so much from the vibrations the dog would slide from one side of the room to the other and couldn't get traction to get back up without sliding down again where he gave up finally, and slept.

This was in about 1962 and in 2003 it was still there. The floors must be at 45 degrees by now.

1973, Hawaii while in the navy. I wanted off the base bad, rented a car $53, and the only room I could afford was the YMCA $49 for the night. When I got into the room, it was closet sized, had an army bunk, and a locker that was exactly like what I had on base. Since I paid for it, I decided to stay. Came back later that night with a girl I had met, and discovered it was a men only hotel. Took her home, and went back to the base. Two weeks pay was down the drain.