Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I have received a couple of emails asking me to explain the RideHer Cup pricing ,as a few of the guys think the price is a tad on the high side.For a standard golf tournament I would agree ,but the RideHer Cup is based over the whole event and not just the round of golf.This is Pattaya after all ,and we want to be different from anything else available . Last year we decided to go for an all inclusive price ,which includes all the festivities too.

The event is held at Khao Kheow ,one of Pattaya's most prestigious golf courses.And we included your Tournament Golf Shirt,Transport,Green Fee,Buggy,Caddy fee and even your Caddy's tip ! After the day is completed we all meet at FLB for the huge buffet ,and then the prize giving.And then it's party time.All participants are joint hosts and included is a mega dance contest where the winning team is invited to judge (if they wish).Last year we had about 20,000tb left over which was spent on getting the girls pissed.As Callum will tell you.If you guys want, we can give whats left over back to everyone.But it really helped make the party great.

The RideHer Cup does not want sponsors,raffles ,seriousness or too many players!!!!! It is a fun event with two teams both representing their own countrys.Only one winner and one runner up.We do not advertise anywhere else in Pattaya or on the web and it is exclusively for FLB members.The event is a good size and great fun.To compare the RideHer Cup to the Mistys Open would be unfair on both events.As far as i am aware ,everyone who played last year had a great time.And the fact we are different is what makes the event such great fun.

Ben

FLB Bar.

Thank you for this post.  I have been agonizing over this tournament.  Couple of reasons.  

1)  I am currently scheduled to go home before it.  But I could reschedule if  I do a visa run.

2)  It always struck me as way expensive.

I like this board and would like to play a round of golf with some of you guys.  But no one likes to feel a fool.

Let me explain why.  I live 6 months a year there and play a lot of golf.  And as noted, most tournaments do NOT cost this much.  And, most tournaments include a shirt, green fee and  caddy fee.  And at the end the bar hosting provides a buffet for the lads.

The difference is the transport, buggy and caddy tip.  Assuming you are not keeniow, and tip as  I do, this is  equal to about 300 baht for the buggy,  and 300 for the caddy.  Transport is usually around 200 from most of the bars.  So the total dif is about 800 baht.  

Most of the tournaments are around 2500 baht.  So the equal comparison is 3300 baht.  So, now we are talking a much smaller difference than I thought.  Only 700 baht.  If this is going to be used to "loosen up" the girls and/or simply a cost for the use of this board - count me in.

I really think this should be made clearer for the "burned out golf bums" of Pattaya like myself.

Based on the above, I am going to look into  changing my return trip so I can play.

Oh, for the Yanks of course.  Alas, off a silly unrealistic 7 handicap.  But I shall try my best against one of you sandbagging euro types.   ;D

Cheers.

Jimmy

Your post is spot on!

I have had one or two e-mails enquiring about the cost and expressing some concern that it is higher than seemingly equivalent events. The price is set by Ben and Pete - I only organise the golfing side on the day and collect the scorecards. However, I asked Ben to post more information about the package so that everyone knows what they are getting for the price.

I came to the same conclusion as you. 4000 Bht is quite a bit more expensive than other golf days but there is more in the box. The buggies, caddy tips and transport are included. It is also not realistic to compare with the Misty's day because it is a different course and we are talking high season. If your conclusion is that the golfing, buffet and transport elements price at about 3300, I would go a little bit lower at about 3000. This leaves about 1000 per head for prizes and investment at the party.

The big secret of last year's success was the party. We used the surplus to tank the girls up with Tequilla and then moved them on to shooters. Ben kept the drinks rolling down their necks all night and the result was a bar full of pissed bar girls with no inhibitions! Many people commented that it was the best party of the year.

I am fine with 4000 Bht for the event and the party and will be happy to pay this price again. I also had to pay an extra 500 Bht in a bar fine for a Eropean team member 'cos I had to play for the losing USA team. But, as Ben knows, I am no stranger to paying other people's bar fines!

Given the high number of entries so far, this is looking like a great event this year. I can't wait!

Doggie

Doggie,

I agonized last year and in the end, did not play in it.  In fact, I was at the course when FLB played there with the Lewinskis bar.  I paid a whole lot less.  But that isn't the point.

Once a year, for a special event with all this stuff included is OK.  My friend owns Classroom and runs a tournamnet once a year.  I  always play in it.  The cost is higher than a normal round of golf (I think around 2500 baht).  But it s a special event.

So, I compare what I get there to this, and the difference is small.  And since it is a smaller field, should be more fun after in the bar.   Hey, who knows.  Maybe the girls will get drunk enough to like me and I'll get lucky  :o

Carlsburg,

1st off I’m playing in the 2nd Annual RideHer Cup no matter what the value, but I’m not sure I am following your logic.  I think what you spelled out here says your vision is to host an amateur non serious golf tournament (which I agree with) but not have the level of prizes, female involvement, and a much higher cost than another amateur tourney that has just come to light  (the Mistys Tourney) so that things are kept to a smaller scale and not serious?  I know they are different events and maybe cater to different crowds (expats vs. vacationers) but they are both golf tourney’s and so do compete with each other in a sense.  I have a few suggestions.

I know a few guys mentioned last year it would have been nice to see a few of the FLB girls around during the tourney.  Hell our bus last year was practically a moving gogo bar in the downstairs part just minus the girls.  Maybe Pete could bring out a few to serve up some water/ beer or whatever at a few of the drink stops along the way while he was taking pics this year.  If Pete decides to actually play this time maybe Ann or Wee could bring some out.  The pics with the FLB girls on the course would be great promo material for the 3rd RideHer Cup as well.

I think the non-serious part is not from the cost to join and small size, but by the structure of the format (as a two team event) and by the expectations of the players.  My only expectation last year was to have some fun, and that I did.  I also remember last year we did have some individual prizes for longest and shortest drives, closest and farthest from the pin as well as the shot of the day, which I secured by hitting a guy on a motorbike (and yes I know you were 2nd, almost killing Pete in the process) but those prizes were more trinket like rather than actual prizes from other bars and restaurants.  An improvement in this area would be nice too (Mistys definitely should be a sponsor considering you are of their tourney)  

Doing the math and figuring 15 participants last year (I think there were 16 though but I’m going by picture on the FLB RideHer Cup site) if we had 20k baht leftover after all the tourney stuff that would be just under 2700 baht actual costs per person.  In reality with the 4000 baht entry each player is paying a 1300 baht bar tab for drinks we are not drinking (lady drinks) before walking into the bar to start our own real bar tabs for the night of the RideHer Cup “mega dance contest”.  

I’m thinking maybe instead of pooling the 1300 baht per person into a fund that is decided on by whoever, a better option would be to give each player drink tickets or something (a tab?) that can be used on themselves and/or for the girls lady drinks / shots and even better at a discounted rates for Ride Her Cup participants for the night.  That would help ensure FLB had a good take for the evening but also be a much better value for the players and help make the night a lot of fun.

So to sum up my three suggestions to improve the tourney and crate a better perception of value would be to:

1.      Get some of the FLB girls involved somehow in the actual event.  Maybe having a few to serve drinks on the course at a rest stop or something on the front and back 9.

2.      Secure some better prizes for the longest/ shortest/closest/ farthest etc. shots.

3.      Give the participants individual control or the baht surplus to spend as they would like at FLB that night at a discounted rate.

Let me know your thoughts on this proposal.  I think it would help make for an even better time this year.  

Gren

I think Gren has some good ideas there...  Chicks on the course would be good...

As I have stated in another post...  Dudes were way fucked up by the time I got to the party...  so drunk in fact they couldn't keep posession of their own trophy...  hehe

Anyways, you guys have a good time, may stop by for

the  night before with my new bride...

Have a good time guys

Joop

Hey, the 4000b entry was like petty cash compared to what Doggie and myself lost to that other canny Scotsman and his Norwegian partner out on the course.  :'( :'( :'( :'(

So lets put to rest the idea that Doggie played dead to assist the European team.  ::) ::) ::)

Some good ideas there Gren.

Like previous posts, I would endorse that the event is a great fun day and well worth the cost.

Looking forward to catching up with all returnees and any new starters in November

Steveo  

You know, sometimes bars give technical prizes as Grendel so wisely suggested.  

How about:

1)   Nearest the pin Free Barfines?

2)   Long Drive - 5 ladies shots of your choice for 5 ladies of your choice (that is a total of 5 shots not 25)

3)  Shortest Drive (gives everyone a chance but no sandbagging) - winner buys 5 ladies shots and is given 5 shots by the house to drink with them.  Somehow, I think this prize could be dangerous.

Some other ideas I am stealing from an excellent tournament run by another Pattaya group.

1)  On one hole force everyone to putt with a special putter.  This would require building/making a putter that is almost impossible to putt with.  I would be happy to assist in this project.

2)  On one tee box force everyone to tee off opposite their normal side.  Meaning I would have to tee off left handed.  You would need to provide a lefty club at the tee box.

3)  On one tee force everyone to tee off while standing on a  car tire.  

I also agree 100% with the girls on the course.  Pictures of every foursome with 4-8 girls on the first tee are a great remembrance.  

I got other ideas.  Maybe we need to talk over a drink.  I get there on Friday the 29th.  See you that night or Saturday if I'm jet lagged or attacked by some wild thai women the first day.

Some good ideas there Jimmy!

I get into Pattaya on the evening of 28th so we can meet up on the Friday or Saturday. I usually frequent the FLB so the chances are that I will be there both nights.

See you there.

Doggie

doggie

I usually don't sit in any bars long term.  I am not much of a drinker (except on accasion).

But they don't push you to drink in  FLB so I  might hang around there more than I have in the past.   I prefer bars with AC, and not too much smoke, and a casual atmosphere which FLB has.  I also prefer quieter than FLB but then it wouldn't be a bar would it  ;D

I'll probably see you Friday.  Maybe we can con, er, convince the powers that be to set up some gimmicks for the rideher cup.

I am easy to recognize.  6' tall yank with little hair and a little overweight.  Aren't we all? :o

modified cause I can't speel for shit.  ::)

Jimmy

I hope I see you on the Friday evening. I am now planning to arrive in Pattaya on the Wednesday evening so I might sign up for a golf day with the Haven or Lewinskis on the Friday. If you are playing that day, we might meet up on the course!

Cheers

Doggie

• 2 weeks later...

I must say that I am really looking forward to playing in the RideHer Cup, and meeting all you guys.

Also a big thanks to Doggie who seems to be putting forth alot of effort to make this a great event.

I am really disappionted that we have not gotten a response to this thread by Carlsberg, as I think Grendel had some very good ideas and points as well as others.

Gren as US Captian, I hope you have a plan to Safegaurd the cup after we win it back from the Euro's as I am sure after last year they will be looking to swipe it after we win, lol!!!

Gammon

I'm hoping to play in this year's event too - will know in a couple of weeks time if I can or not.

I have to admit that despite the tangible extras built into the price I can see why some thought it seemed a trifle expensive. The extra grand or thereabouts is peanuts I accept but as Jimmy pointed out, it's more the principle.

Fair enough the extra 20 grand went into getting the girls pissed and creating one helluva an atmosphere for the party but, let's face it, that's approx 50 bottles of tequila (at cost - and I presume it was accounted for thus) and whilst those FLB girls can drink..........

From the sound of things there are likely to be more players this year and thus, one presumes, a larger excess (unless it is eaten up in other ways e.g. bigger/better prizes). That could make it impossible for the girls to drink the available booze (100 bottles ? - not impossible  ::) )

I'm not having a go at Ben (or anyone else) but I do think that this area needs a little thought so that the decent thing is seen to be done then everyone feels comfortable. One could already argue that the golfers are subsidising the non-golfers who attend the party !

On a cheerier note - I think one or two of the fun ideas mentioned above are excellent as they help to create a more "carnival" atmosphere on what is, after all, a day where the golf isn't meant to be taken too seriously. I'll give it a bit of thought and see if I can come up with a couple of suggestions.

Finally, I'm in full agreement with the idea of a few girls winging around the course with a beer-laden cool box on the back of a buggy. I didn't play last year but it sounds like it could be a long round !!

Cheers

Pie

Pie

I hope that you can play in the Cup. Which team would you prefer to play for if you do make it?

Carlsberg

Your silence is deafening! Let's get this pricing thing sorted out to everyone's satisfaction and then we can close this thread down. The general consensus seems to be:

Chicks on the course

Buggies and tips up to the players and excluded from the package

Some "extra" goodies for the golfers at the party compared with the freeloaders that will tag on!

I am sure you can sort it.

Doggie

doggie,

If I make it then as I'm a brit it shud be the Europeans.

However, as another European victory is of far greater import than any personal preference u cud always sling me on the USA side if they are short - that should cost them !!

Will let u know in a week or two (stopped playing about 5 months ago 'cos of a recurring neck problem that the doc said needed rest - I'm going to go to the range a couple times in the next week or so and that will tell me whether or not the problem has gone away - hence the lack of committment at this stage. I don't want to fuck ur numbers up by withdrawing later).

Cheers

Pie

Pie

Just let me know whenever you know for sure that you are able to play. I guess we will still be accepting entries right up to a couple of days before (or even the night before) the event. We only need a rough idea of the player numbers so that we can reserve the right number of tee times and buy the tee shirts. I will pencil you in for Europe 'cos we are a bit short of players compared with USA.

Hope you can make it.

Doggie