Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

What Do You Eat On An Average Day?

So, what do you normally eat on an average day? Does your job, lifestyle or family affect or dictate what you eat? Do you go mental at the weekends and eat out before having that 3am kebab?

When you go on holiday, do you go all-out or eat less often but with greater quality?

Personally speaking, I usually have a fry up for breakfast, followed by soup and a roll of some variety for lunch and a classic dinner of meat/poultry, carbs and veg - usually chicken, mashed potato and beans before a late-night snack of some description.

On holiday, I tend to have two sizeable meals a day...one around midday and one around 8. I tend to find that I eat a lot later on holiday than I do in the UK. Regarding summer holidays, I usually drink so much fluid that I'm not really hungry. City/winter breaks are another story. Hate eating after 8pm...

I'm a heroin addict. I don't eat much, I just look forward to my next bag.

I'm a very picky eater which is why I book a place with a kitchen and cook up my own grub. I do order from room service every so often and have a takeaway Pizza once in a while.

Edited by alexist

My last trip I actually spent a good sum of money on food with TG's. Ate at some fancy places. I usually eat more farang food than thai food. A lot of Thai food is too spicy for me. Just a tip, the Royal Cliff Resort out in Jomtien and near Kinnaree has a great restaurant. It overlooks a really nice view and the TG had a good omelet and I had a tasty pizza.

HOME

Breakfast: oatmeal

Lunch: Salad

Dinner: Fish or Chicken with some veggies. Glass of wine or two.

HOLIDAY

Breakfast at Baywatch

Lunch from the carts

Dinner: whatever interests me

Breakfast - 2 slices of vegemite on toast and a coffee.

Lunch - 2 rolls, varies daily but usually select from ham/chicken/tuna/salad/cheese/tomato etc etc.

Dinner - generally meat and veg but mixe that up as well, roasts usually on sunday evening but tonight I was lazt and went chicken parma with chip and gravy.

I eat no farang food in Thailand, I like everything to be spicy.

breakfast = thai chicken soup

lunch = somtam on beach or central mall.

dinner = a whole fish with lemon and chilli or penang gai or larb moo....... I will often have oysters as a starter with dinner.

I eat some pineapple and water melon + I drink that freshly squeezed orange juice

oatmeal or bran flakes

power/protein bars

fish or chicken, grilled or baked, not fried

I bring my own breakfast cereal/muesli and eat in the room, so that's one expense saved, apart from milk.

Have lunch as main meal of the day, at wherever takes my fancy, such as Mali resturant, Soi 11, or somehwere similar. Sizzler in Royal Garden Plaza is good too.

That does for the day, perhaps something off a food cart and some fruit.

All in all I eat for about 300baht a day