Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Great American Rib Company, Jomtiem

I hooked up with Jack Corbett last night and we headed to The Great American Rib Company in Jomtiem for dinner. We ordered the rib, pulled pork and chicken dinner. The portion served was more then enough for the two of us. The ribs are served St. Louis style and the sauce was very tasty. The ribs were moist and once again quite good. Potato salad and cole slaw is not a throw away. We both came away full and more then satisfied. For a good dinner give this place a try.

I've eaten in a number of rib joints in Philly and IMHO the joint in Jomtiem is at least the equal of the best rib joint in Philly.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
I've eaten in a number of rib joints in Philly and IMHO the joint in Jomtiem is at least the equal of the best rib joint in Philly.

Good to see you back on the main Board.

Where in Jomtien is this place?

How is your health and weight going? Endulge big on the girls and go easy on the food and booze big fella.

Don't know about Jomtien but in Hua Hin GARC add 7% VAT and 10% service on to the menu price. Just FYI, folks.

Edited by JohnnyK

How is your health and weight going? Endulge big on the girls and go easy on the food and booze big fella.

When your coming from Pattaya and go past the Residence Garden turn left at the first traffic light. About 1 mile on the right. I hear you on the food and booze.

On Thepprasit Rd.Nice place on the right-hand side heading towards Sukhumvit.

Welcome back Denny.

• Downvote 1

Is this the place started up about 5 years ago with the music stage and aircraft pics on the wall...

First time we went when they had the live blues band the food (ribs) was terrific (daytime); went there last December evening; ribs were dry, tasteless, hope they've got back to original quality.

• 3 months later...

Is this the place started up about 5 years ago with the music stage and aircraft pics on the wall...

First time we went when they had the live blues band the food (ribs) was terrific (daytime); went there last December evening; ribs were dry, tasteless, hope they've got back to original quality.

I ordered my ribs served dry and added the sauce. The ribs without the sauce were moist and tasty.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I ordered my ribs served dry and added the sauce. The ribs without the sauce were moist and tasty.

When was the last time you went there?

When was the last time you went there?

Let me field that one. He was there in March of this year.

• 7 months later...

It's been close down for some time now.

Confirmed. This restaurant clearly had the wrong location, otherwise it would probably have still been open.

Confirmed. This restaurant clearly had the wrong location, otherwise it would probably have still been open.

Agreed, too far out for the tourists. Fair enough for an Expat, easy to get to and parking on the street no problem.

Darn BigD, where you gonna eat now.

Try 'Lone Star' on Soi Lengkee, my steak was pretty good there recently and ribs are good!

Thanks for the update. Saves me a trip to Jomtiem.

Guest Fatboyfat

Darn BigD, where you gonna eat now.

Try 'Lone Star' on Soi Lengkee, my steak was pretty good there recently and ribs are good!

Yeh, I'll back that up. Had one of their burgers (d2d) recently; Seemed very similar to the old Bob's(defunct)BBQ produce, but with a better bun; And only sensible sizes available ! :-)