Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

China Garden Restaurant and Hotel .

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah, a cyber warrior who insults people from behind the safety of his screen.   The problem with people like you is that you lack education. You are that stupid that you think calling a Pakistani man

And of course your avatar is perfectly acceptable. I suppose its 'only a laugh'. Make it more relevant and change it to Buddha or perhaps a central figure from the Quran, Muhammad for example. Hilari

Agree with MM   stop sidetracking this thread   And your previous avatar was much more offensive than calling anyone a chink You sir are the one who is uneducated and BTW I would say this to you

Posted Images

I shared the Deluxe Special for Two last night with my gf, and wasn't hungry for nearly 20 hours after attempting to finish it. 3 full sets of food, chicken satay, spring rolls, mushu duck, sizzling beef and rice, and a bunch of stuff I didn't recognize, but it was all tasty. I also ordered some Szechuan Hot and Sour Soup that had loads of shrimp in it, and my gf ate most of it, when I asked her if she wanted to try it.

Two thumbs up.thumbup.gifthumbup.gif

I shared the Deluxe Special for Two last night with my gf, and wasn't hungry for nearly 20 hours after attempting to finish it. 3 full sets of food, chicken satay, spring rolls, mushu duck, sizzling beef and rice, and a bunch of stuff I didn't recognize, but it was all tasty. I also ordered some Szechuan Hot and Sour Soup that had loads of shrimp in it, and my gf ate most of it, when I asked her if she wanted to try it.

Two thumbs up.thumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Sounds great, and the price for that ???

Sounds great, and the price for that ???

495 was the price for TWO people! We couldn't finish it all, and another couple took home bags of food to eat at home.

Just had a meal at the China Garden

Free prawn crackers, then Hot and Sour soup (95 Bt)

Very large bowl of tasty soup, with prawns, ham, chicken and mushrooms.

Main course was Crispy Chilli Beef (150 Bt) with Egg Fried Rice (80 Bt)

The tenderest beef I have ever had in Thailand, nice sweet chilli sauce and perfectly sized rice portion.

Drink was a can of Schweppes (40Bt)

I ate inside, very nice atmosphere and good service, they actually waited until I had finished my soup before bringing the next course, somebody has trained them well.

I managed to finish it all, just, but others struggled.

However, nothing went to waste as far as I could see, everybody took their uneaten food away in boxes, so I guess they enjoyed it as much as I did.

Edited by The_Fat_Controller

This restaurant deserves to succeed IMO, the food is plentiful, very good and very reasonably priced, the service is attentive but unobtrusive. Top marks from Bushcraft, who also struggled (with mia) to get through the 495-Baht set meal for two.

Well done also to Mirkwood for the OP, wouldn't have known about this excellent place otherwise.

Just add my bit to all of the above

Really enjoyed the good food well presented

Couldn't eat it a all. 2 dishes and rice.

Sharing three with rice would have been fine

Regards papadoc

Ps. On my first night I ate at the jolly friar... Also excellent

Hello all, i stayed in The China Garden for 3 weeks from mid September to the start of October. I must say the rooms are excellent and the food is very nice , with great staff.

Welcome in mate. :D About time you got active on the forums, they're a massive source of information....... :thumbup

I have tried their web site ,twice in last 48 hours ,trying to arrange a booking of a room ,so far only had 2 automatic reply e mails sent

back to me saying

Contact us

Thanks for contacting chinagardenpattaya.com - You will receive a reply within 24 hours

Well now 48 hours ,so maybe just ring them might be more easy to make booking.

Maybe nobody checking their mail at moment ,

I hope the owners of the place reads this as might be missing out of customers who want a room in the future.

I have tried their web site ,twice in last 48 hours ,trying to arrange a booking of a room ,so far only had 2 automatic reply e mails sent

back to me saying

Contact us

Thanks for contacting chinagardenpattaya.com - You will receive a reply within 24 hours

Well now 48 hours ,so maybe just ring them might be more easy to make booking.

Maybe nobody checking their mail at moment ,

I hope the owners of the place reads this as might be missing out of customers who want a room in the future.

Well i have just rang ,did get answer ok

But date I wanted ,end nov only had 2 nights out of the 4 days I wanted ,also the delux room type i wanted was fully booked for the 4 days .

So it looks like hotel doing ok without answers to e mails ,but still think hotel should still answer e mails even if rooms were not available for the long term success of this hotel.

Saying this looking at the rooms i think will have no issues with being full in the future.

I had dinner here on 2 occasions last June (different barfines). First time, I ordered the shredded chilli beef but couldn't eat all of it, forced it on to the gf haha. I'm not a food connissuer (spelling) but I enjoyed everything I ate. My second visit was with my mate and his "tgf' for her birthday. My mate is a self-proclaimed food expert and he gave the food a thumbs up. Anyway, a very nice place for a romantic dinner. As far as prices went, still a shitload cheaper than back here in Oz. Having followed the construction, staff hiring, service training etc on another board I expected everything to be a pleasant dining experience and I wasn't disappointed. I will return in the future although there are other places I have researched that I look forward to experiencing eg Cherry's on Third Rd and some places (Third Rd & Sth Pattaya Rd)where the Thais like to eat.

I had to book a few days accom. at the end of my trip (after staying at prebooked accom. at Choy Sow) but all rooms were booked and this was in June, so unless you have booked in advance you, I fear, you will take your chances.

• 2 months later...

Sorry

But I found the food bland and uninspiring (and in part misdescribed)

Nothing like UK Chinese food

And absolutely nothing like Chinese food

Prices and ambiance OK just need to switch off and be oblivious to what you are eating

Sorry

Prices and ambiance OK just need to switch off and be oblivious to what you are eating

I believe there is a taste bud clinic in Soi Buakau, woth a try:

ate there once.

Crispy duck and pancakes wasn't crispy. If it wasn't for the Hoisin sauce (from a jar) it would've been completely tasteless.

Prawn fried rice was big lovely prawns served on what basically tasted like steamed rice.

Singapore noodles had almost no taste as well, very little curry.

Edited by steamer

Sorry

exactly.

I believe there is a taste bud clinic in Soi Buakau, woth a try:

Do try it by all means

It wont un-fry alleged Barbecued ribs or put sauces back in jars (I could go on (& on)

Personally I have the perfect antidote to hand - Ive just arrived in Guangzhou (Canton) where they do actually know what constitutes good Chinese food

;)