Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

China Garden Restaurant and Hotel .

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah, a cyber warrior who insults people from behind the safety of his screen.   The problem with people like you is that you lack education. You are that stupid that you think calling a Pakistani man

And of course your avatar is perfectly acceptable. I suppose its 'only a laugh'. Make it more relevant and change it to Buddha or perhaps a central figure from the Quran, Muhammad for example. Hilari

Agree with MM   stop sidetracking this thread   And your previous avatar was much more offensive than calling anyone a chink You sir are the one who is uneducated and BTW I would say this to you

Posted Images

Sorry

But I found the food bland and uninspiring (and in part misdescribed)

Nothing like UK Chinese food

And absolutely nothing like Chinese food

Prices and ambiance OK just need to switch off and be oblivious to what you are eating

I had the same experience when I ate there recently. The food wasn´t bad but nowt special.

I had the same experience when I ate there recently. The food wasn´t bad but nowt special.

Perhaps like the food in the chinkies in the UK then. After living in and eating Thai I found Chinese stuff in the UK a bit bland myself...'go get the hot sauce... the real hot sauce' I had to say.

Perhaps like the food in the chinkies in the UK then. After living in and eating Thai I found Chinese stuff in the UK a bit bland myself...'go get the hot sauce... the real hot sauce' I had to say.

If someone from the UK say food is bland then.......... :ninja:

In conclusion, I think we can say that you are out of step.

Next time you go, take someone with a palate. :clueless

Like a Brit?

I grew up eating "decent" Chinese. This was like eating a well presented butter sandwich.

Next time you go, take someone with a palate. :clueless

You have to take your own....? Will I need a bowl if I fancy soup?

I spent twelve years eating daily in Chinese restaurants in one of Britain's oldest China towns (You know, the one Chinese people go to eat in) and can testify that everything I was presented with at the restaurant in question was a lacklustre disappointment. I was drawn to go there after hearing the 'just like a UK Chinkies' accolades, but sadly by what ever yardstick I measure it to the food as Ive said was nothing like a UK Chinese restaurant and absolutely nothing like Chinese food,

But hey if it trips your switch enjoy ;) Theres many here that happily put their snouts in Kiss restaurant's trough for example

Like a Brit?

I grew up eating "decent" Chinese. This was like eating a well presented butter sandwich.

Why didnt you say, you and Reg are chinks, well of course you will appreciate the subtle touches.

Why didnt you say, you and Reg are chinks, well of course you will appreciate the subtle touches.

nope...a gwailo.

english, Irish, french ancestry.

Edited by steamer

I spent twelve years eating daily in Chinese restaurants in one of Britain's oldest China towns (You know, the one Chinese people go to eat in) and can testify that everything I was presented with at the restaurant in question was a lacklustre disappointment. I was drawn to go there after hearing the 'just like a UK Chinkies' accolades, but sadly by what ever yardstick I measure it to the food as Ive said was nothing like a UK Chinese restaurant and absolutely nothing like Chinese food,

But hey if it trips your switch enjoy ;) Theres many here that happily put their snouts in Kiss restaurant's trough for example

Have to say but that is pretty definative. Good, precise, focussed and thankfully brief review.

• 1 month later...

So what about

Limeys - English

Jocks -Scottish

Taffy - Welsh

Paddy - Irish

Yank - American

Aussie - Australian

Are they all racist and offensive too

Get real Dickhead

BTW where are you from LOL

• Upvote 1

So what about

Limeys - English

Jocks -Scottish

Taffy - Welsh

Paddy - Irish

Yank - American

Aussie - Australian

Are they all racist and offensive too

Get real Dickhead

BTW where are you from LOL

Ah, a cyber warrior who insults people from behind the safety of his screen.

The problem with people like you is that you lack education. You are that stupid that you think calling a Pakistani man a Paki is acceptable because people call British people Brits or Scottish people jocks. Well it isn't, because it is all about the tone and context and historical meaning. I see you don't include calling Black people "Niggers" in your little list.

So to educate you as to the definition and history of the use of "Chinky" to describe Chinese people.....

"A racist term, derived by the word "chink", to describe anyone of Eastern Asian descent (i.e. Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, etc.). Not a "cool" term since it has been used against us in a negative fashion for centuries in the United States."

http://www.urbandict...php?term=chinky

"Used as a disparaging term for person of Chinese birth or descent."

http://www.thefreedi...nary.com/Chinky

"An old fashioned and highly derogatory term for Chinese"

http://dictionary.re...m/browse/chinky

Do you need anymore education ?

So it is not the same as calling a British person a Brit or a Scot a Jock. I would politely suggest that before you go off insulting people, that you make bloody sure you know what you are talking about in the 1st place, otherwise you'll end up being made to look a complete fool, like you do now.

• Upvote 2

Do people not understand that using the word "Chinks" to describe the Chinese is actually racist and offensive ?

Would it be acceptable to you if we called a Chinese take away a 'Chinky'? It has been used affectionately in the UK since before we owned Hong Kong and let most of the wonderful people come live over in England. The owner of my regular didn't seem to mind, smiled and prattled on as he served up my 'flied lice' and spat in it! Edited by jacko

Would it be acceptable to you if we called a Chinese take away a 'Chinky'? It has been used affectionately in the UK since before we owned Hong Kong and let most of the wonderful people come live over in England. The owner of my regular didn't seem to mind, smiled and prattled on as he served up my 'flied lice' and spat in it!

Chinky/Chink wholesale is a racist and offensive term for the Chinese. It doesn't matter in what context you use it.

• Upvote 1

Chinky/Chink wholesale is a racist and offensive term for the Chinese. It doesn't matter in what context you use it.

chinky.jpg

Do people not understand that using the word "Chinks" to describe the Chinese is actually racist and offensive ?

And of course your avatar is perfectly acceptable. I suppose its 'only a laugh'.

Make it more relevant and change it to Buddha or perhaps a central figure from the Quran, Muhammad for example. Hilarious

• Upvote 2