Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I have been looking at various accommodation options for May/June and have to say that if you want a hotel with pool and restaurant that the Sabai group looks good to me. Agoda have rooms with breakfast for approx 1200 baht.

I am however mindful of a recent poster here who felt that the Lodge was going down hill and was shabby. Has anyone else stayed in these places of late and have any feed back please?

I have been looking at various accommodation options for May/June and have to say that if you want a hotel with pool and restaurant that the Sabai group looks good to me. Agoda have rooms with breakfast for approx 1200 baht.

I am however mindful of a recent poster here who felt that the Lodge was going down hill and was shabby. Has anyone else stayed in these places of late and have any feed back please?

I stayed here and found it good, apart from no lounge chairs...........

http://www.bjpattaya.com/

I stay at the lodge all the time , the last time was march 2011 for 17 nights.

The 700-800 baht rooms could be described as Shabby, the other rooms are fine. I love the hotels facilities, the only criticism i have of the rooms is that the TV could be bigger.

The Hotel was at about 95% capacity in March so it cant be doing to shabby

I stay at the lodge all the time , the last time was march 2011 for 17 nights.

The 700-800 baht rooms could be described as Shabby, the other rooms are fine. I love the hotels facilities, the only criticism i have of the rooms is that the TV could be bigger.

The Hotel was at about 95% capacity in March so it cant be doing to shabby

Most places are 95% in March.

All about location; Soi 2 Beer bars can be a great time and less in your face than Soi 6. Rooms have decayed a bit but several other aspects more than compensate for this (IMHO).

• Great service
  • beverages readily available
  • easy and quick access to Big C for those need to have items
  • Baht bus goes right in front of the lodge; 10-15 minutes to Walking Street.
  • 3 pools
  • Wi-Fi and business center; staff was great about faxes, etc.
  • Oh yeah, very guest friendly; girls give their ID at desk and no hassles

YMMV but it's a reliable option for me.

Seen Agoda prices between 12-1600.

Forgot the name of the small wing with it's own dedicated pool but it's worthwhile, especially for those late night dips. Rooms are a bit cramped but I didn't spend that much time in the room.

Enjoy. :allright

Actually 4 pools. I was there in Feb for 2 weeks. Easy access to Soi 3 through the Welkom Inn. No wifi in rear rooms but around the pool it worked. Staff Ok. If you have never stayed in that area there are plenty of new bars to try in Naklua, Soi2 and 3 and Drinking St. Massage girls across the road are a lot of fun. I thought it was good value for money if you used the pools.

I stayed in a couple of dozen hotels before I bought my own joint. The Sabai Lodge was the best place to stay in Pattaya and the Silver Sand Hotel was the best place in Jomtien. The Silver Sand Hotel has two very good swimming pools as well. Unless you want a quieter environment, you cannot go past the Sabai Lodge in Soi 2. It is close to the Big C supermarket, lots of bars and close to the bahtbus route to Walking Street. Should you have a medical emergency, you can get to the Pattaya International Hospital in Soi 4 in a hurry. Make sure you take out a travel insurance, as a serious accident or illness could send you broke without a good travel insurance.

Was there in March, had the superior B Dolphin room. Staff very friendly, room was spottless, massive bed and quiet at night. Air con was very good and had to pull cover over me in the middle of the night. Buffet breakfast very good served 7am - 11:30pm. I left pattaya early because of being not well and they gave me eight days money back without me even asking. Will make this my hotel of choice for sure for future trips.

Was there in March, had the superior B Dolphin room. Staff very friendly, room was spottless, massive bed and quiet at night. Air con was very good and had to pull cover over me in the middle of the night. Buffet breakfast very good served 7am - 11:30pm. I left pattaya early because of being not well and they gave me eight days money back without me even asking. Will make this my hotel of choice for sure for future trips.

Thanks for the good response. As a matter of interest:

Did the room have a balcony?

What price did you pay for it?

I assume that you booked direct with hotel rather than go through Agoda or similar?

Thanks for the good response. As a matter of interest:

Did the room have a balcony?

What price did you pay for it?

I assume that you booked direct with hotel rather than go through Agoda or similar?

No it didnt have a balcony. i emailed the hotel direct and ask them to give me a good offer for the dates i wanted.

They came back with 1000 baht per night without breakfast so i took it.

All about location; Soi 2 Beer bars can be a great time and less in your face than Soi 6. Rooms have decayed a bit but several other aspects more than compensate for this (IMHO).

• Great service
  • beverages readily available
  • easy and quick access to Big C for those need to have items
  • Baht bus goes right in front of the lodge; 10-15 minutes to Walking Street.
  • 3 pools
  • Wi-Fi and business center; staff was great about faxes, etc.
  • Oh yeah, very guest friendly; girls give their ID at desk and no hassles

YMMV but it's a reliable option for me.

Seen Agoda prices between 12-1600.

Forgot the name of the small wing with it's own dedicated pool but it's worthwhile, especially for those late night dips. Rooms are a bit cramped but I didn't spend that much time in the room.

Enjoy. :whistling:

You stayed at the small Dolphin wing on the left. The rooms on the ground floor have their own little verandah with a table and chairs and it is only a few steps to jump into the pool.

You stayed at the small Dolphin wing on the left. The rooms on the ground floor have their own little verandah with a table and chairs and it is only a few steps to jump into the pool.

Maybe I got the short straw, but I really did not like my ground floor room in that wing. It was very low, which caused it smell badly of mildew and was kind of dark. I checked out the next day. If I was in that wing I would stay on the second floor.

Other than that, I have stayed about 5 times in other rooms across the Sabai properties and not had a regret.

Maybe I got the short straw, but I really did not like my ground floor room in that wing. It was very low, which caused it smell badly of mildew and was kind of dark. I checked out the next day. If I was in that wing I would stay on the second floor.

Other than that, I have stayed about 5 times in other rooms across the Sabai properties and not had a regret.

Actually, I used to stay on the second floor a few times only. I had a good deal with the manageress at 600 baht per day, but I used to stay 3-4 month at a time a few years ago. Is the Belgian-owned Wellkomm Inn opposite still there? What a great place to get a good blow job and breakfast in the morning. I was never keen on the Sabai Lodge smorgasbord. The smorgasbord in the Lek hotel was better and it went until 1PM, enough time to have a shower and a shave and brush your teeth. I still go there for sentimental reasons at times and the missus loves bacon and eggs.

Actually, I used to stay on the second floor a few times only. I had a good deal with the manageress at 600 baht per day, but I used to stay 3-4 month at a time a few years ago. Is the Belgian-owned Wellkomm Inn opposite still there? What a great place to get a good blow job and breakfast in the morning. I was never keen on the Sabai Lodge smorgasbord. The smorgasbord in the Lek hotel was better and it went until 1PM, enough time to have a shower and a shave and brush your teeth. I still go there for sentimental reasons at times and the missus loves bacon and eggs.

Sounds kinky, did the missus watch you get the blow job?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

anyone know if they're ok if you decide to change rooms during your stay, or if you're not happy if they'll move you to a different one?.

Reason I ask is that i've been told some of the ones nearer to the street are noisy at night.

I guess a request could be made upon booking.

Cheers

Butch

Always stay in the Sabai Resort whilst in Pattaya, ticks all the boxes for me.

The problem with Sabai Resort is having to cross that bloody road to get to the bars every day..Whereas Sabai Lodge and Sabai Wing you only have to cross it to get to big C..So it depends on the type of holiday you intend to have!!

I find both Asiarooms and Agoda have competative pricing but I was able to get a better price by going direct to them by email...Although I did want 3 rooms for 3 weeks probably helped..

Anyway, my favourite is Sabai Wing..but now I have my own place in Naklua I don't go there now..

Hi

anyone know if they're ok if you decide to change rooms during your stay, or if you're not happy if they'll move you to a different one?.

Reason I ask is that i've been told some of the ones nearer to the street are noisy at night.

I guess a request could be made upon booking.

Cheers

Butch

If you are on about the Resort, then no problem changing half way through or whenever as long as the rooms are available. Obviously there might be a charge if you are up grading to a better room.