Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

BLACK CAVIAR Wins Again

Yesterday at Randwick Race Course in Sydney, the Mare Black Caviar made world history winning her 12th race in 12th starts.

At the turn she was 4 length lengths behind the leader and won by 3 lengths over the 2nd placed horse and 6 lengths back to third. It was her first start outside outside Victoria and first running the wrong way.

She may go to Europe or Japan, but because of Quarantine Laws, you won’t see her in the USA.

As a Four Year Old and a mare too, she deserves the title of, ‘The World’s Greatest Racehorse'.

Edited by Abacus
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why Would i Stop To Re-Explain A Post To You That Was Perfectly Self Explanatory In The First Place. Shes Done Enough And 25 A Nice Number What A Load Of Bollox. Moodys Not Stupid He Doesn't Want To

You Turn In To a Nasty Bit Of Work When Someone Disagrees With You. And You Seem To Have Some Toady's [http://thesaurus.com/browse/toady ] Upset The Board Horse Whisperers Have I .. :rotflmao

You left the best of the Lot out Secretariat, his Belmont win was unbelievable.   Your right that well never really know who the best in the world really was but bookmakers and professional punters

Posted Images

Horses for different courses mate, would it beat the great horse Istabraq at Cheltenham? I very much doubt it, now that horse was class. :rolleyes:

Over 1000metres by about 135metres, :D

maybe not over the hurdles though :whistling:

Horses for different courses mate, would it beat the great horse Istabraq at Cheltenham? I very much doubt it, now that horse was class. :thumbup

Well has your Istabraq got it's name in the record books? I don't think so and never will.

ISTABRAQ

Champion Hurdle (1998, 1999, 2000)

Irish Champion Hurdle (1998, 1999, 2000, 2001)

Future Champions Novice Hurdle (1996)

Royal Bond Novice Hurdle (1996)

Deloitte Novice Hurdle (1997)

Royal & SunAlliance Novices' Hurdle (1997)

Punchestown Champion Novice Hurdle (1997)

Hatton's Grace Hurdle (1997, 1998)

December Festival Hurdle (1997, 1998, 1999, 2001)

Aintree Hurdle (1999)

Punchestown Champion Hurdle (1999)

John James McManus Memorial Hurdle (1997, 1998, 1999)

:thumbup :chogdee :whistling: :chogdee :thumbup

Just watched your horse Black Caviar, good horse I agree, and fast, but totally a different type of racehorse, but by a short nose, Istabraq took on the best, over hurdles may I add and won repeatedly, so he just pips it. True, he lost the odd race now and then, but not many, your horse will slip up from time to time as well. We are blessed with seeing many good horses come and go as times go by, the great American horse, Cigar, Seabiscuit, of which a film was made, our very own Desert Orchid, Red Rum, Kauto Star, Denhman, Best ,Mate, and even one of your own that was poisoned by the Mafia during the 1930's, the great, Phar Lap. We will never truely know who was the greatest, and never will, it's just great to see these marvelous animals race. :thumbup

Edited by jamie392305
Just watched your horse Black Caviar, good horse I agree, and fast, but totally a different type of racehorse, but by a short nose, Istabraq took on the best, over hurdles may I add and won repeatedly, so he just pips it. True, he lost the odd race now and then, but not many, your horse will slip up from time to time as well. We are blessed with seeing many good horses come and go as times go by, the great American horse, Cigar, Seabiscuit, of which a film was made, our very own Desert Orchid, Red Rum, Kauto Star, Denhman, Best ,Mate, and even one of your own that was poisoned by the Mafia during the 1930's, the great, Phar Lap. We will never truely know who was the greatest, and never will, it's just great to see these marvelous animals race. :clueless

Frankly, your Istabraq wouldn't stand a chance. Afterall, hurdlers are failed gallopers.

Black Caviar won by her narrowerest margin last Saturday - 3 lengths - she usually wins by 10.

There has never been any claim that the Mafia was involved in the death of Phar Lap. In-fact only last year scientists proved he died of Natural Causes, but was ill. Phar Lap was a New Zealand horse, not Australian, but raced here most of his career. He was purchased for 200 Guinees as a colt.

Just watched your horse Black Caviar, good horse I agree, and fast, but totally a different type of racehorse, but by a short nose, Istabraq took on the best, over hurdles may I add and won repeatedly, so he just pips it. True, he lost the odd race now and then, but not many, your horse will slip up from time to time as well. We are blessed with seeing many good horses come and go as times go by, the great American horse, Cigar, Seabiscuit, of which a film was made, our very own Desert Orchid, Red Rum, Kauto Star, Denhman, Best ,Mate, and even one of your own that was poisoned by the Mafia during the 1930's, the great, Phar Lap. We will never truely know who was the greatest, and never will, it's just great to see these marvelous animals race. :clueless

You left the best of the Lot out Secretariat, his Belmont win was unbelievable.

Your right that well never really know who the best in the world really was but bookmakers and professional punters all over the world use ratings, and the highest rated in the world today is Black Caviar (So you think is another good Aussie horse is 4th)

• Upvote 1

Your right that well never really know who the best in the world really was but bookmakers and professional punters all over the world use ratings, and the highest rated in the world today is Black Caviar (So you think is another good Aussie horse is 4th)

Black Caviar is currently the Fastest race horse in the world on the World recognised rating sytem.

Also being a relative sprinter it has hit the fastest speeds of worlds horses as opposed to stamina of a stayer or a hurdles horse.

good example would be comparing a 100m sprinter at the Olyimpics to a marathon runner ,whitch athelete achieves the fastest speed or is the Fastest??? Yep the sprinter!!

This Horse is a magnificint Animal and the Fastest horse Ive ever seen.It ease of winning at Royal Randwick was amazing,Like comparing a stock car to a Formula 1

Congratulations to all the connections involved ,shame she only paid $1.17 :grin-jump

Black Caviar is currently the Fastest race horse in the world on the World recognised rating sytem.

Also being a relative sprinter it has hit the fastest speeds of worlds horses as opposed to stamina of a stayer or a hurdles horse.

good example would be comparing a 100m sprinter at the Olyimpics to a marathon runner ,whitch athelete achieves the fastest speed or is the Fastest??? Yep the sprinter!!

This Horse is a magnificint Animal and the Fastest horse Ive ever seen.It ease of winning at Royal Randwick was amazing,Like comparing a stock car to a Formula 1

Congratulations to all the connections involved ,shame she only paid $1.17 :grin-jump

Same here at Flemington (for our USA friends Flemington is where the Melbourne Cup is run). Your lucky, here she paid only a $1.10. Glad you enjoyed your day.

• 1 month later...

Black Caviar's 13th start was in Brisbane. Once again far too good for its rivals. I've seen some good horses go around over the last 40 years but this horse is simply exceptional. I've yet to see the jockey use the whip. Might scare the shit out of the horse lol.

well cheers for that guys I have appointments with the doc then have to go to the beach for our staff bash.

I dont have time to watch hours of you-tube,damm that 98 CH was some win its the champion hurdle for gods sake.

then shergar in the derby

then secretariat

oh god help me

Just watched your horse Black Caviar, good horse I agree, and fast, but totally a different type of racehorse, but by a short nose, Istabraq took on the best, over hurdles may I add and won repeatedly, so he just pips it. True, he lost the odd race now and then, but not many, your horse will slip up from time to time as well. We are blessed with seeing many good horses come and go as times go by, the great American horse, Cigar, Seabiscuit, of which a film was made, our very own Desert Orchid, Red Rum, Kauto Star, Denhman, Best ,Mate, and even one of your own that was poisoned by the Mafia during the 1930's, the great, Phar Lap. We will never truely know who was the greatest, and never will, it's just great to see these marvelous animals race. :thumbup

The british horses you quote are all over fences for the flat the best that I can remember is Brigadier Gerard who won 17 of his 18 races , his only defeat was by Roberto ( who had won the English Derby), other very good flat racing horses which would be included in many peoples all time bests are Dancing Brave, Sea the Stars and Shergar , unfortunately no one will ever know which was the best horse of all time as all raced at different times and they can only beat what they raced against in their generation.

The british horses you quote are all over fences for the flat the best that I can remember is Brigadier Gerard who won 17 of his 18 races , his only defeat was by Roberto ( who had won the English Derby), other very good flat racing horses which would be included in many peoples all time bests are Dancing Brave, Sea the Stars and Shergar , unfortunately no one will ever know which was the best horse of all time as all raced at different times and they can only beat what they raced against in their generation.

.... and currently Frankel is rated (130) as good as Black Caviar - and both only enjoy their status as the current. highest rated horses as a result of Harbinger's unfortunate situation.

The problem, if there is one, with the IFHA rankings (rather than ratings) is that it only relates to performances in the previous six-month period.

Edited by CheshireTom
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Another easy win last Saturday by 4 to 5 lengths untouched.

Record now 14 out of 14.

Get a real buzz watching this great mare racing.

:chogdee

Another easy win last Saturday by 4 to 5 lengths untouched.

Record now 14 out of 14.

Get a real buzz watching this great mare racing.

:chogdee

she is Super Special , So you think proved he is up to the worlds best however a horse so like so you think comes along every 4-5 years and even then these champions only have a couple of lengths on their rivals.

Black Caviar just demolishes her rivals i have never seen an Australian sprinter that could come close to her.

Manikato and Schillachi have superb records over a long time but head to head Black Caviar would start 1/10 on in a match race against either of these.

From what i have seen of Rocket man i dont think he'd get within five lengths of her either

Definatley a once in a lifetime horse

She's rated 5 lbs behind Frankel. clueless.gif

ive seen Frankel race and what Frankel does to his opposition i see horses do all the time,every 3-4 years a boom colt will come along and will be better than the rest of his crop.

Ive never seen a horse so dominant over their opposition as Black Caviar is apart from maoris idol a trotter

Edited by nus01

ive seen Frankel race and what Frankel does to his opposition i see horses do all the time,every 3-4 years a boom colt will come along and will be better than the rest of his crop.

Ive never seen a horse so dominant over their opposition as Black Caviar is apart from maoris idol a trotter

It probably reflects the quality of the opposition. After all, that's how they work out the ratings.

To go back to Post Number 8, it was said, "Your right that well never really know who the best in the world really was but bookmakers and professional punters all over the world use ratings, and the highest rated in the world today is Black Caviar (So you think is another good Aussie horse is 4th)" Nothing much has changed, except that today another horse is rated No 1.

Edited by CheshireTom

It probably reflects the quality of the opposition. After all, that's how they work out the ratings.

To go back to Post Number 8, it was said, "Your right that well never really know who the best in the world really was but bookmakers and professional punters all over the world use ratings, and the highest rated in the world today is Black Caviar (So you think is another good Aussie horse is 4th)" Nothing much has changed, except that today another horse is rated No 1.

I dont get what your trying to prove.

I said shes a once in a lifetime horse.

Every few years champions come along and smash their own age group at level weights and go on to open class however Ive never seen a horse so dominant as she is against open class.

In Australia in the last 30 years we would have 12 horses maybe deemed champions and you would struggle to get anyone to agree on who was actually better than who.

But as far as sprinters goes its virtually unanimous, every one is in agreement she is the best they have seen in their lifetime (hence a once in a lifetime horse)

Every second years Derby or Guineas winner will be rated similar to Frankel.

I dont think ill ever see a horse win the Newmarket going half pace ever again

I dont get what your trying to prove.

Exactly the same point that you made in Post No 8 about Black Caviar. Today, Frankel is the highest rated racehorse in the world, and by a fair degree. No ifs and buts about it. That doesn't mean to say he won't come a cropper on Saturday. The sub-title of the thread is the World's Greatest Racehorse - this week, that happens to be Frankel. unsure.gif

Edited by CheshireTom

Secretariat won by 30 lengths going away. Guided by Canadian Ron Turcotte of Grand Falls, NB.