Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

BLACK CAVIAR Wins Again

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why Would i Stop To Re-Explain A Post To You That Was Perfectly Self Explanatory In The First Place. Shes Done Enough And 25 A Nice Number What A Load Of Bollox. Moodys Not Stupid He Doesn't Want To

You Turn In To a Nasty Bit Of Work When Someone Disagrees With You. And You Seem To Have Some Toady's [http://thesaurus.com/browse/toady ] Upset The Board Horse Whisperers Have I .. :rotflmao

You left the best of the Lot out Secretariat, his Belmont win was unbelievable.   Your right that well never really know who the best in the world really was but bookmakers and professional punters

Posted Images

So many great racehorses over the years. I think it is unfair to compare them.

This comparison isn't over the years, though, it's today.

Frankel triumphs as world's best racehorse on Britain's richest ever race day at Ascot

It was the indecorous rush of normally respectable race-goers, Ascot members who don't normally break into a trot, jostling and pushing their way from the grandstand to the winner's enclosure to get the best vantage point that was the give-away.

frankel_2027965c.jpg

Champion the wonderhorse: Frankel stoms to victory in the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes at Ascot

Photo: GETTY IMAGES

By Marcus Armytage

5:38PM BST 15 Oct 2011

Frankel, the best horse in a generation had just strengthened the argument that he should be lauded among the best ever by imperiously romping home in the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes, barely coming off the bridle, to take his record to a perfect nine wins from nine starts.

As a Four Year Old and a mare too, she deserves the title of, ‘The World’s Greatest Racehorse'.

Hi,

Looked great in that race at Moonee Valley.

Hi,

Looked great in that race at Moonee Valley.

It really ended up running against a bunch of donkeys. The problem now with Black Caviar, if she enters a race, most of the form horses withdraw.

• 2 weeks later...

Today, racing at Flemington in Melbourne, Black Caviar running in the One Million Dollar Patnick Farm Stakes won her 16th race out 16 starts by 3 lengths in a canter.

Where are the doubters now?

Today, racing at Flemington in Melbourne, Black Caviar running in the One Million Dollar Patnick Farm Stakes won her 16th race out 16 starts by 3 lengths in a canter.

Where are the doubters now?

I don't think anyone has doubted her ability. She's obviously the world's best sprinter but, along with another couple of horses, is currently ranked a fair bit behind the world's best racehorse.

I don't think anyone has doubted her ability. She's obviously the world's best sprinter but, along with another couple of horses, is currently ranked a fair bit behind the world's best racehorse.

I fail to see how she is rated behind Frankel who has only won 9 races and she has won 16 from 16 starts?

Maybe it is the old problem of the English never accepting a Colonial can do better. Afterall, she has her name in the record books and the others don't!

• Upvote 1

Hi,

Great French mare goes for 4 Breeders Cup wins today.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/horseracing/8865713/Goldikova-fighting-fit-for-attempt-at-Breeders-Cup-record.html

Goldikova fighting fit for attempt at Breeders' Cup record

“If she wins it will, of course, be my greatest accomplishment, it’s never even been attempted before. It is something quite exceptional. I’ve seen horses as good as her, some maybe better in one race, but to go on and on like her? No, never. The years take nothing away from her, she is like a three year-old. She’s never had a day off with a problem in her life. It’s very easy to train a horse like her. Her story is easy to tell.”

Quite agree. I used to love watching Nijinsky.

Hi,

Nijinsky is one of the all time greats. My father loved him but said that Sea Bird was the best he ever saw.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Bird_II

Sea Bird II (1962-1973) is considered by many to be the greatest post-war European flat racehorse. His Timeform rating of 145 is still the highest ever flat figure awarded by that publication. Sea Bird II is most famous for his breathtaking victories in two of Europe's most prestigious races: the Epsom Derby and the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe.

I fail to see how she is rated behind Frankel who has only won 9 races and she has won 16 from 16 starts?

Maybe it is the old problem of the English never accepting a Colonial can do better. Afterall, she has her name in the record books and the others don't!

You need to address your question to Bob Bentley. He's the Australian responsible for the IFHA rankings. alright.gif

Edited by CheshireTom

Black Caviar was to race in Perth on the other side of Australia this Saturday, but she finished up a bit sore in her last race so Peter Moody (her Trainer) scratched her.

She will have one more run in Australia at the end of January and then in June at Royal Ascot in the UK.

Frankel here she comes.

Black Caviar was to race in Perth on the other side of Australia this Saturday, but she finished up a bit sore in her last race so Peter Moody (her Trainer) scratched her.

Shouldn't he have massaged her?

Sorry. When a great straight man sets it up....

Frankel here she comes.

clueless.gif Presumably they're sending her along just for a shag. Frankel is down to run over 8-10 furlongs at Royal Ascot 2012. Black Caviar is aimed at a 6 furlong race.

Edited by CheshireTom

She will have one more run in Australia at the end of January and then in June at Royal Ascot in the UK.

Frankel here she comes.

If anyone wants a trip to pattaya paid for if the bookies put any odds up in the black for her to win the kings stand or July Cup then bite their hands off , she is 12 lengths better than star spangled banner , Choisoir and Scenic Blast and shes about 8 lengths better than Takeover Target and Miss Andretti

About 1/15 on is the best odds you could of got on her in her last 5-6 races here, and the Newmarket is a stronger race than any of those UK sprints

When she wins the July Cup by a dozen in second gear they will rate above her above 128

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

was hoping to see some black put up but still at 4/5 Ill be having some of that , just trying to sign up with a few of the oversea's sites.

Looking throguh those sites they have very lame sign up bonuses, i want a site where i can deposit 300-500 and get a 300-500 bonus , they all seem to be $50 bonuses

if i can get $1,000 on her then with $1,000 free bets that's $3600. (A trip to pattaya paid for $1,000)

The risk is how she travels, as i said before she is a half a dozen lengths better than some great horses we have sent before

Edited by nus01

if i can get $1,000 on her then with $1,000 free bets that's $3600. (A trip to pattaya paid for $1,000)

Your 1k AUD will return 1.8k AUD and your "free" bet will return 800 AUD - they only pay the winnings, not the stake, on the "free" bet.

correct,

Its still a 7/4 return on her which she has started1/25 her last 15 starts and the oversea's race wont be as strong as the newmarket here in Australia

Out of interest Sepoy is 20/1 , i know he went terrible in the Dubai sprint and may not run but on his aussie form he is a much better horse than Foxwood and Orstensia (who won on the World Cup program)

Edited by nus01

To update: Black Caviar won her 20th race Sat. before last at Morphetville in Adelaide (attracted a 30,000 crowd). Supposedly having one more start this Sat. in Aust. (Goodwood Hcp - Morphetville) and then heading for Ascot. No other horse comes close to her here so I will be interested in how she measures up over in Britishmieland.

Guest Fatboyfat

I fear the tracks over in England may be her undoing, as they are very unique in the flat racing world. Also she will not be running at her favoured distance. I would have thought that Meydan in Dubai would have been a better indicator as to where she lies in the World reckoning.