Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually where I was, there were plenty of water canons in the hands of Thais. I will say for the most

part they were not quirting at full force into peoples faces like so many farangs do

on the Soi 2-13 and beach road area...This area the only farangs that were there all day

were my brother and I. The one farang next to the lady with the blue hair was there for about 30 minutes before they packed up and left...

I once saw a bucket full of water being thrown at a fast travelling bike on beach rd during songkran. Not just the water but the actual bucket with the water in it. Incredible! Fortunately it missed and the bucket, now empty, went bouncing across the road and traffic behind missed it.

And a drain cover being lifted up, on beach rd, and a water gun tube being lowered inside to siphon off the [v dirty] water.

so be careful. I'd never get on a bike during songkran.

just walk round taking fotos with all valuables sealed up.

look forward to seeing them lads.

And if you absolutely have to get some place,dry........?

Wear a swimsuit when you get to place you need to be change.

See easy problem to solve... :clueless :D :thumbup

but during songkran who or what expects anyone to arrive anywhere dry?

Edited by packhike

Why so many farang dont like Thai New Year. This our country this is what we do. IF you no like

then leave. Go back to your old country and talk so unhappy there. This why

we think all farang do is complain. They never happy...How you like it if I go

to your country and complain so much. You tell me to leave. So I tell you GO

Why so many farang always so unhappy?????? Maybe this why you come here you

hop we make you happy but if you not happy your heart you never happy

Edited by somtomthai
Why so many farang dont like Thai New Year. This our country this is what we do. IF you no like

then leave. Go back to your old country and talk so unhappy there. This why

we think all farang do is complain. They never happy...How you like it if I go

to your country and complain so much. You tell me to leave. So I tell you GO

Why so many farang always so unhappy?????? Maybe this why you come here you

hop we make you happy but if you not happy your heart you never happy

FYI - Posted from California, USA.

He might be on his Hols MM :clueless :D

Then again I very much doubt it

:thumbup :grin-jump :grin-jump :grin-jump

Just an FYI, in case you thought the post was from Kampaengphet as indicated in the profile information.

As to the point somtamthai was making, I do feel that complaints about Songkran, especially as it is celebrated in Pattaya, are valid. It's going to be possibly 10 days this year (12-21) from some reports, up from the usual 7 days. It's great for the holidaymakers who come to have a good time, some Thais might enjoy it, but it's pretty rough on those who live here and do mundane things like shopping and errands...holing up for 10 days (or 7, as the case may be), is a long period of time to avoid getting dirty water thrown in your face or avoiding going out and getting blinded while driving a motorbike.

I have nothing against Thai customs or people, but I have some legitimate complaints about the way this holiday is celebrated in this particular city.

And, no somtamthai, I don't feel I should have to go just because I don't like this holiday, just as you shouldn't have to leave California if you don't like some things about the way things are done there. You and I both have a right to our opinions without being deported or forced to leave by the locals.

FYI - Posted from California, USA.

Fyi Wife and I are back in Sacramento right now. Somtomthai would be my wifes account. Really MM I stated this when my

wife signed up and we had to put the little intro paragraph of why we should be allowed to join.

That is my wifes thoughts to this whole thing. You really dont want to get her started on some of the other things she reads.I mean are you guys really that paranoid over some criticizing. So many here criticize Thais of which both my kids are half Thai and some of you are fucking racist assholes....to tell the trutth but I guess the truth hurts.

Edited by packhike
Just an FYI, in case you thought the post was from Kampaengphet as indicated in the profile information.

Really that paranoid MM....Should I change my status anytime I step foot out of anywhere....

As to the point somtamthai was making, I do feel that complaints about Songkran, especially as it is celebrated in Pattaya, are valid. It's going to be possibly 10 days this year (12-21) from some reports, up from the usual 7 days. It's great for the holidaymakers who come to have a good time, some Thais might enjoy it, but it's pretty rough on those who live here and do mundane things like shopping and errands...holing up for 10 days (or 7, as the case may be), is a long period of time to avoid getting dirty water thrown in your face or avoiding going out and getting blinded while driving a motorbike.

I have nothing against Thai customs or people, but I have some legitimate complaints about the way this holiday is celebrated in this particular city.

And those at fault are.................FARANGS.....but then with out them you make no profit MM via alcohol sales...The fact of the matter is so many westerners like to

bitch and moan about fucking everything.....You dont like it leave better yet learn to live with it and then you have no problem.........

Fyi Wife and I are back in Sacramento right now. Somtomthai would be my wifes account. Really MM I stated this when my

wife signed up and we had to put the little intro paragraph of why we should be allowed to join.

That is my wifes thoughts to this whole thing. You really dont want to get her started on some of the other things she reads.I mean are you guys really that paranoid over some criticizing. So many here criticize Thais of which both my kids are half Thai and some of you are fucking racist assholes....to tell the trutth but I guess the truth hurts.

I added a few more thoughts to the quoted post, by the way.

I notice that the use of the somtamthai account has changed from your posting using the account to her posting, so you've both been using the account.

Paranoid? Maybe...but trying to make sure people are not misled.

And, no somtamthai, I don't feel I should have to go just because I don't like this holiday, just as you shouldn't have to leave California if you don't like some things about the way things are done there. You and I both have a right to our opinions without being deported or forced to leave by the locals.

Heres a clue...My wife has ADAPTED. She doesnt get on a bunch of message boards and bitch and moan like a bunch of little girls about shit in another countyr..

As to safety if everyone is so worried about safety then why do so many of you Fuck a bunch of BG's.. Lets see theres HIV, Hepatitis, Herpes,gonorrhea(strains of which are becoming resistant to antibiotics), syphilis, etc.......

Ever go out on July 4th, Memorial day in the states, the 2 holidays for the most traffic accidents. The western world has not capitalized on safety in any way....There

is about 1 death every 13 minutes from an auto accident in the US when that gets down to 2o minutes let me know......

Edited by packhike

I notice that the use of the somtamthai account has changed from your posting using the account to her posting, so you've both been using the account.

No both on the same computer.....but 2 accounts.. Now your board keeps you logged in when you come back there has been a time when I replied to something underneath her account when I meant for it to go under my account.....Yes I saw what you added. There are things my wife doesn't like about the states but she does not go on and on and on and on and on and on and on about it...................................she deals with it and adapts......

And those at fault are.................FARANGS.....but then with out them you make no profit MM via alcohol sales...The fact of the matter is so many westerners like to

bitch and moan about fucking everything.....You dont like it leave better yet learn to live with it and then you have no problem.........

packhike, it's not just the farangs...maybe the Thais learned some bad habits from them, I'll grant you that, but for several years, while going down Soi Buakhao on a baht bus at 9pm (nighttime), buckets of water were thrown on the bus by ...Thais, no farang in sight.

I don't know if they are still doing it there, because now I have to run through the gauntlet at the VC Hotel where the fucking middle easterners hire water trucks to hose people down all day and after dark. One girl was killed last year at that intersection when her motorbike went out of control.

Whoever is doing it, it's bad news in Pattaya.

It has nothing to do with alcohol sales, so don't be an ass.

Mislead about what. Cause were back in the states right now......

That is my wifes account she has posted before when certain people seem to get on their anti-Thai tirade.....Thats her opinion and

actually a few of her friends opinions as well......

Heres a clue...My wife has ADAPTED. She doesnt get on a bunch of message boards and bitch and moan like a bunch of little girls about shit in another countyr..

As to safety if everyone is so worried about safety then why do so many of you Fuck a bunch of BG's.. Lets see theres HIV, Hepatitis, Herpes,gonorrhea(strains of which are becoming resistant to antibiotics), syphilis, etc.......

Ever go out on July 4th, Memorial day in the states, the 2 holidays for the most traffic accidents. The western world has not capitalized on safety in any way....There

is about 1 death every 134 minutes from an auto accident in the US when that gets down to 2o minutes let me know......

Don't you have a kitchen sink you want to throw in with your arguments?

packhike, it's not just the farangs...maybe the Thais learned some bad habits from them, I'll grant you that, but for several years, while going down Soi Buakhao on a baht bus at 9pm (nighttime), buckets of water were thrown on the bus by ...Thais, no farang in sight.

I don't know if they are still doing it there, because now I have to run through the gauntlet at the VC Hotel where the fucking middle easterners hire water trucks to hose people down all day and after dark. One girl was killed last year at that intersection when her motorbike went out of control.

Whoever is doing it, it's bad news in Pattaya.

It has nothing to do with alcohol sales, so don't be an ass.

Get out in the country and do songkran. Away from farang /tourist areas and yes songkran is different. It is not the hostile event that you experience in

Pattaya. And who is the cause for that over top the behavior. Farang simple as that. You want to complain about then complain about the actions of Farangs..

They are the ones that end up changing the attitude of Thais. Seen it to many times in cities that never saw farang then they get the tourist infulx and the

attitude goes to shit. Of course my attitude would to dealing with some of the aholes that travel from other countries to Thailand..

Songkran is a big boost for lots of companies thai and farang....I mean a huge jump in profits. You can disagree but thats the truth........so yes alcohol

sales play a part. NO alcohol no drunk idiots no increased profits.

Don't you have a kitchen sink you want to throw in with your arguments?

Now whos being an ass. You brought up the dead girl due to the water being thrown on her, about being blinded while riding

a motorbike. Others have gone on about "Safety" I just pointed out the obvious.....Some are only concerned about certain

things to be safe about and turn a blind eye to other things that can impact their personal "safety" and can impact other peoples safety if that person

has no knowledge of some disease they picked up. Not very safe now is it?

one other aside. My wife was not saying farangs should be deported or forced to leave. She was sayin if you dont

like it your FREE to go. Go somewhere else while its going on, move back to your home country if it bugs you that much,

or deal with it...Simple really......Learning to adap to ones surroundings...........

Edited by packhike
No you just cant handle the truth like so many on this board..

Oh Dear,

Somebody's threw his toys out of his pram!!!!!!!!!!

:whistling: :hairout TANTRUM ALERT TANTRUM ALERT TANTRUM ALERT TANTRUM ALERT :hairout :hairout

Edited by jamie392305

I love the idea of songkran. I dont visit during the time but io enjoy the pics.

What I dont enjoy is that a member has his Thai wife signed up on here. :whistling:

I would never even think of such a thing. But thats just me

I love the idea of songkran. I dont visit during the time but io enjoy the pics.

What I dont enjoy is that a member has his Thai wife signed up on here. :whistling:

I dont get you people, what is the problem with the guys wife being a member? What are you so afraid of?

Thanks for the pictures packhike. I agree with your wife. Some farangs are incapable of having fun and resent seeing anyone else having fun. All the people in the pictures and all the ones I see every year are having a great time. I do sometimes see a red faced wet farang screaming at everyone. The drunken farang assholes seem to be the excessive ones.

Jack

I dont get you people, what is the problem with the guys wife being a member? What are you so afraid of?

Probably the same reason mulphy fucked you off at PL as a moddy for giving your rouger muffin preferential treatment? :whistling: