Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Following Greg's comments about this place I have been looking into staying there rather than the Sabai. I have to say that so far I am impressed. Generally speaking the reviews are good and the only down side seems to be that the walls are a bit thin in places and if you have a noisy neighbour it could be an issue. Having said that for a stay of over 7 days you get one day free and this makes the tarrif of 999 plus 7% net out at 916 baht and this includes breakfast for 2. This is for a standard room.

I wrote to them and within 12 hours had a complete personalised response from the General Manager with all the details. Ony other down side that I can see is that there is a 3000 baht security deposit repayable on departure.

Am I missing anything guys? Seems to have east access onto both 2nd Road as well as Soi Buakow.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've stayed there 3 or 4 times and really have no major gripes about the place...only a few things to consider, depending on the month you are visting....

if visiting during the rainy season...you're basically stuck there when the deluge begins...virtually no place to run to or drink at, other than your room...and at night, when you're wanting to hit the town, it can be a bit of a pain in the arse. They do have big beach umbrellas for you to use, but, then you have to lug them around town all night...."no big deal" you might say...but, if you are visiting in late September or the month of October...it can rain all night, every night.

Best way to get back to PBR is by motobike taxi...dropping off at soi 13 by Baht bus, crossing 2nd Road and cutting through the Avenues and the long walk up to Pattaya Bay resort can inconveinent as well...carry a card from the hotel...it should have a map to the hotel on the back...motorbikes enter through soi 14(?) directly across 2nd road from BoyzTown and wind to the PBR.

I found the friendliest employees to be the cleaning ladies...you basically get the cold shoulder from the doormen and the front desk crew is hit or miss as far as congeniality is concerned.

food 4 thought...For the price of a couple of Walking street beers...you could upgrade to soi 13.

Following Greg's comments about this place I have been looking into staying there rather than the Sabai. I have to say that so far I am impressed. Generally speaking the reviews are good and the only down side seems to be that the walls are a bit thin in places and if you have a noisy neighbour it could be an issue. Having said that for a stay of over 7 days you get one day free and this makes the tarrif of 999 plus 7% net out at 916 baht and this includes breakfast for 2. This is for a standard room.

I wrote to them and within 12 hours had a complete personalized response from the General Manager with all the details. Only other down side that I can see is that there is a 3000 baht security deposit repayable on departure.

Am I missing anything guys? Seems to have east access onto both 2nd Road as well as Soi Buakow.

I suspect the sound thing is a myth set up by some git.

Lots say that is not the case.

Hey Mate

I stayed there in June/July 09 - I thought it was fine. I had the deluxe room, which was very spacious. I had no real noise issue, other than the kitchen staff moving chair's in the dining room and scraping the chair legs along the floor (my room was right beneath), the bed was very hard - but I got used to that.

All things considered I think its a good hotel. Its a little out of the way, but I saw that as a good thing, its quiter at night I expect in the immediate area than the hotels on the beach side of 2nd road. But its only a 1 minute walk to the Avenues/Second Road. And a 3 minute walk to Soi Dianna Inn/Soi Metro/Buakhow.

The free night after 7 is a good deal. The OP's comment about the doormen is on the mark, the front desk crew were friendly, and the cleaning ladies were great, a small tip dosn't hurt to get some extra towels/water that kind of thing.

Good Luck with your trip....

Cluster

Edited by cluster

I recently posted this on another board:

I don't think there is a hotel in Pattaya that is mentioned on the monger boards a fraction of the times that PBR is. Being a cynic, I am inclined to believe that this is engineered by the owner and his mates. Free publicity.

PBR is a major advertiser on another board and it would not be in that board's interests to upset a paymaster.

And when anything negative is said about the place, the same mates are there to refute the criticism.

There is a major criticism about the place which will be relevant to some people: the walls are wafer thin. You can hear every word of a telephone conversation your neighbour is having, so you can imagine the other noises coming from a mongers' venue. And the hallways reverberate, so those stiletto heels in the early hours of the morning are very evident.

If you happen to be a deep sleeper, then this is not going to worry you. If you are not, it should.

I suspect the sound thing is a myth set up by some git.

Lots say that is not the case.

You are denying the experiences of many people, including me.

It's the only place I've stayed during visits.High marks all around.

But I have to disagree with sapike (that pronunciation).It's a 10-12 minute walk to Walking Street or faster on motosai.Or walk to Beach Rd and spend 10 baht for the 2 minute ride to WS.Heading the other direction is even faster.

Kim the owner is attentive and I see him all over town.The breakfast on the roof is a good start to your day if you get up that early.Some folks complain about the size of the pool but I find it perfect-not to big or small.

Let the (non) myth continue.

I've stayed there 3 or 4 times and really have no major gripes about the place...only a few things to consider, depending on the month you are visting....

if visiting during the rainy season...you're basically stuck there when the deluge begins...virtually no place to run to or drink at, other than your room...and at night, when you're wanting to hit the town, it can be a bit of a pain in the arse. They do have big beach umbrellas for you to use, but, then you have to lug them around town all night...."no big deal" you might say...but, if you are visiting in late September or the month of October...it can rain all night, every night.

Best way to get back to PBR is by motobike taxi...dropping off at soi 13 by Baht bus, crossing 2nd Road and cutting through the Avenues and the long walk up to Pattaya Bay resort can inconveinent as well...carry a card from the hotel...it should have a map to the hotel on the back...motorbikes enter through soi 14(?) directly across 2nd road from BoyzTown and wind to the PBR.

I found the friendliest employees to be the cleaning ladies...you basically get the cold shoulder from the doormen and the front desk crew is hit or miss as far as congeniality is concerned.

food 4 thought...For the price of a couple of Walking street beers...you could upgrade to soi 13.

Edited by LTGTR
All things considered I think its a good hotel. Its a little out of the way, but I saw that as a good thing, its quiter at night I expect in the immediate area than the hotels on the beach side of 2nd road. But its only a 1 minute walk to the Avenues/Second Road. And a 3 minute walk to Soi Dianna Inn/Soi Metro/Buakhow.

Cluster

don't mean to nit pick...but,...Olympic speedster Usain Bolt couldn't make it from PBR to 2nd Road in a minute...and he'd have a tough time getting to Soi Dianna/Soi Metro/buckaroo in 15 minutes from PBR....and that's taking the shortcut behind the avenues...which I wouldn't suggest during the evening...as it it dark and desolate...with motor taxi's buzzing by around blind corners.

It's the only place I've stayed during visits.High marks all around.

But I have to disagree with sapike (that pronunciation).It's a 10-12 minute walk to Walking Street or faster on motosai.Or walk to Beach Rd and spend 10 baht for the 2 minute ride to WS.Heading the other direction is even faster.

Kim the owner is attentive and I see him all over town.The breakfast on the roof is a good start to your day if you get up that early.Some folks complain about the size of the pool but I find it perfect-not to big or small.

Let the (non) myth continue.

So was it noisy or not?

So was it noisy or not?

I've stayed there 3 times and the only noises i heard that were noticable were the bargirls highheels clicking on the tiles in the corridor.

Otherwise it was quiet.

I like the place but the only thing that bothers me is the 7% tax being added to the quoted price, other hotels seem to include it.

Because i had already stayed there twice, i didn't really check the website properly last time i booked, they left the prices the same but added the line "All rates below are subject to an additional 7% government tax." This was a bit of a suprise when i was paying the bill.

Apart from that it was a great place to stay. Location is great, a bit away from the action (which i like) but walking distance to most places. The free breakfast is good, staff are nice.

Edited by Raistx

i have stayed here twice before and not had to put down 3000bht security deposit.i think location is ok for everywhere in pattaya.booked again for end of may.

Seroiusly,PBR to Soi Diana is 7-8 mins tops.To 2nd Rd/McDonalds-4 mins tops.

l

don't mean to nit pick...but,...Olympic speedster Usain Bolt couldn't make it from PBR to 2nd Road in a minute...and he'd have a tough time getting to Soi Dianna/Soi Metro/buckaroo in 15 minutes from PBR....and that's taking the shortcut behind the avenues...which I wouldn't suggest during the evening...as it it dark and desolate...with motor taxi's buzzing by around blind corners.
Seroiusly,PBR to Soi Diana is 7-8 mins tops.To 2nd Rd/McDonalds-4 mins tops.

l

Agree - I deliberately timed myself once to settle an argument about time to 2nd Road - it was just under 4 minutes and I wasn't rushing!

If their tuktuk is available then Soi Diana is even less....

You are denying the experiences of many people, including me.

I've stayed there many times; last stay was 2 1/2 weeks ago when I stayed for 2 weeks; never had any problems with noise.

I will stay there again on next trip (but it has been sold and I understand the new owner will take over in around 6 months). Hopefully standards will prevail.

That is a joke.

15 minutes to Soi Dianna? I could best that on crutches.

If you are afraid of that alley next to the Areca, you can just just go through the hotel.

"motor taxi's buzzing by around blind corners." Huh? The alley in question is dead straight and has no traffic at all. If you are talking about walking down 15 to 2'nd then that might have a point, but it is a tad easier to walk through the mall.

Seriously, the PBR is right behind Adventure Mall which is on 2'nd, and right next to the Areca which is on both 13(Dianna) and 15.

And even I could run to 2'nd in under a minute if it is the morning before the street vendors setup.

Geeezz

Sorry ok it might be 2 or 3 minutes to 2nd road through the Avenues, and 5 or 6 minutes to Diana etc - but hell guys your on holiday, and your nit picking over a minute..... FFS!

Cluster

Geeezz

Sorry ok it might be 2 or 3 minutes to 2nd road through the Avenues, and 5 or 6 minutes to Diana etc - but hell guys your on holiday, and your nit picking over a minute..... FFS!

Cluster

I wondered what being anal was, I think I know now.

Have you tried R-Con?

http://goo.gl/cwbMp

sorry for having an opinion!

No I have not tried R-Con - look nice though....

Edited by cluster

A Tuk-Tuk (2 of them) is available 24 hours and will take you to Soi Buakauw, Soi Diana or 2nd Road...

Hi there guys and thanks so far. This thread has been far more amusing and confusing than I could have ever imagined. For anyone that is seriously considering this acconmmodation I will post here the reply that I got from the hotel. Having said this, I am still confused!

Dear Teelack,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your trip to Pattaya. Currently, we have both Smoking and Non-Smoking Standard & Deluxe Rooms available for the dates you requested. Please find below information regarding our room rates. Our rates are based on a survey of 20 comparable hotels in Pattaya and are set at the median level, even though we believe we are on top of the list. When you factor in our excellent location, free services such as; internet, high speed wifi, 24-hour shuttle and a delicious cooked to order breakfast each morning, you can see that we offer our guests an exceptional value at a very high level of service.

Low Season, (15 April to 31 October) Standard Room, Internet Daily Rate 999.00 baht per night, Deluxe Room, Internet Daily Rate 1,600.00 baht per night, 1 or 2 persons, King size or Queen/Twin size beds with private balcony. Plus, we will run a weekly low season promotion, for every six (6) low season nights paid you will receive one (1) low season night free. The rate includes: American or Asian Breakfast Plan for one (1) or two (2), daily room cleaning, fresh linen, bottled water and free WiFi and Internet. A 500.00 baht per night refundable security deposit (capped at 3,000.00 baht) is required upon check-in. All charges are subject to an additional 7% government room tax.

We accept VISA and Mastercard. No deposit is required to hold the reservation except during the peak holiday season (15 Dec to 15 Jan) and for multiple room reservations.

Check-out time is 11:00 AM. Check-in time is 15:00. We run close to full occupancy almost everyday, even during low season. Late check-outs or early check-in may not always be possible unless you have requested the room to be blocked as part of your original reservation. Additional half or full day charges may apply. Usually, the majority of our rooms are ready for occupancy between noon and 13:00. All reservations are held until 18:00 on the date of arrival unless prior arrangements have been made and a written confirmation for late arrival sent.

We also offer airport pick-up. We can send a private, air conditioned 4 door sedan to meet you for 1,300.00 baht (1 - 2 people) or a deluxe van for 2,500.00 baht (3 - 8 people). If so, please send us your airline name, flight #, departing city, arrival date and time.

If you wish to make a reservation, please copy and paste the link below into your internet browser to access our easy to use form - less then 2 minutes to complete - no credit card information required to make a reservation.

New Reservations - http://www.jotform.com/form/81613237194

You may also access this form from our web-page: http://pattayabayresort.com/contactus.aspx

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,

Yuphin (Boem) Bussi

General Manager

Pattaya Bay Resort

236/21 Moo 10, Soi 15 & Second Rd. (City of Pattaya)

Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi, THAILAND 20260

+66 (0) 38 724-222 - Telephone +66 (0) 38 724-229 - FAX reservations@pattayabayresort.com - email