Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Here we go,

Now the problem with PBR, in the monthly rooms, is that they are tiny, especially if you want to swing your cat.

I'm probably larger than anyone here and the monthly rooms are fine for me. I've used a lot larger but didn't see the benefit.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we can conclude that there are 2 hotels in Pattaya, PBR and Sabai.

So that's nice.

That post rather confirms my thought that you've never been to Pattaya. What happened to your booking at PBR?

That post rather confirms my thought that you've never been to Pattaya. What happened to your booking at PBR?

I am not prepared to argue with your thoughts, wrong though they are.

I booked elsewhere.

well put up!!!

The Op is looking for places to stay , all opinions are welcome , youv'e stated you know many places that are far superior so be a sport and help the op out.

The "their is plenty of places better" is one of the most uselesss posts you can make if your not going mention some of these places.

Just to finally put to rest your concern for the OP and for your info, "Teelak"

is a PERSONAL mate of mine and we often share/exchange views/tips etc by PM! HAPPY NOW? :thumbup

I've stayed at the PBR every visit I've made (4 times in the past 3 years). I like the hotel, and have never had any problems with the service staff. I like the ride from the airport they have as well. the only time I've had a problem with "thin walls" is when a friend was staying right on the other side of my room, but fun to knock on the wall and tell him to keep it down! :)

The breakfast is good as far as I can tell, but i'm not a big breakfast eater, so i usually missed it. It is right across the street from the Avenue shopping place, and a few minutes walk to 2nd road to catch a baht bus.

Coming from walking street, just zip down to 2nd road and catch a baht bus right to the Avenue, and cut through, not a big deal as far as I can tell.

The first time I went, got the big suite, was just TOO big, and the space was unnecessary. Now I just get the regular single room, enough space to get from shower to bed, which is all I need :)

I am travelling back there next month, and fully plan on staying there again. I would say that if you like to stay right in the middle of Pattaya action, then this is NOT the place for you. I personally like quiet areas to stay in, which is why I stay here.

• 3 weeks later...

just stayed there for a week during the songkran festival. Everything was great. A nice hotel with a nice price. Wifi was strong and they have 2 PCs in the lobby just in case. Newspapers daily , nice pool with nice resturant attached. Staff was great too but i noticed they like to hired cute girls wth barces!

Only two downside I can recall

1) have to walk around the hotel to Soi Baukow ; cant they have a side door thru the un-used plot of land or the jungle/forest?

2) After reading of the thin walls here , I did noticed that the doors were thin and one can hear everything that goes on in the hallway.

Thanks to all who replied to this thread. I have decided to give it a miss until I go and have a look at it and perhaps a look at the rooms as well. I just want to check the walk from Second Road to the hotel at night to see what it is really like rather than relying on the other opinions. It is perhaps the only thing that put me off.

I just want to check the walk from Second Road to the hotel at night to see what it is really like rather than relying on the other opinions. It is perhaps the only thing that put me off.

In the OP,didn't you ASK for opinions?

It takes roughly 4 mins to walk through the mall from McDonalds to PBR and I never felt threatened late at night.

I'm probably larger than anyone here and the monthly rooms are fine for me. I've used a lot larger but didn't see the benefit.

Are you bragging or complaining :banghead

Are you bragging or complaining :banghead

Statement of fact - "Big Brian" = "tall and fat Brian". Room is fine for me, typing from there now.

WiFi - have just checked and am getting 13.99Meg. I don't get that at home.

Statement of fact - "Big Brian" = "tall and fat Brian". Room is fine for me, typing from there now.

WiFi - have just checked and am getting 13.99Meg. I don't get that at home.

OK!! Soz ya fat fucka :banghead

In the OP,didn't you ASK for opinions?

It takes roughly 4 mins to walk through the mall from McDonalds to PBR and I never felt threatened late at night.

Yes I sure did ask for opinions and I got them in spades. I will have a look at the place next month however and make my own mind up for future trips. There are seemingly only three negatives that people have bought up and its the walk, the size of standard rooms and on a more constant basis the thin walls and doors. All these however are well balanced by the reasonably price.

Yes I sure did ask for opinions and I got them in spades. I will have a look at the place next month however and make my own mind up for future trips. There are seemingly only three negatives that people have bought up and its the walk, the size of standard rooms and on a more constant basis the thin walls and doors. All these however are well balanced by the reasonably price.

how long is your trip?

how long is your trip?

Hi there Jack. 24 days. I relised a few years ago that I was a hotel sort of guy and needed the swimming pool,loungers and sun umbrellas! For me it is looking at places round the 1000 baht level and see whats going. I only mention this because if you have not got a plan then you end up looking through a dozen sites and hundreds of rooms. If you have a focus its much easier to keep an eye on whats available at what price.

Thanks to all who replied to this thread. I have decided to give it a miss until I go and have a look at it and perhaps a look at the rooms as well. I just want to check the walk from Second Road to the hotel at night to see what it is really like rather than relying on the other opinions. It is perhaps the only thing that put me off.

If you don't mind sharing, could you tell us which hotel you chose? Shopping for hotels for a month stay also and PBR is near the top of my list. Was wondering if you found a good hotel that I haven't looked at yet

If you don't mind sharing, could you tell us which hotel you chose? Shopping for hotels for a month stay also and PBR is near the top of my list. Was wondering if you found a good hotel that I haven't looked at yet

Hi there. No problem. I ended up going back to the Sabai Inn. I was there last year and took a superior room for 990 baht. I like the location and the 4 pools across the road that I am free to use.

Just some quick notes if this is the "class" of hotel you want.

The Areca right next door is similar. It has 2 ground floor pools (vs a nice rooftop pool at PRB). This is offset by the fact that rooms in the Areca (outside the new wing) are a bit older.

The Sabai properties (up north neat the Big C) also have nice ground floor pools and are cheaper, but they are all over the place in quality (some rooms are ancient) so you have to know what you are booking.

If you like the price and location of the PBR, then the only other choice I would toss out is Sandy Springs.

There are nicer hotels for a few hundred baht a night more (Tim's and LK Ren.) and there are decent cheaper hotels. But I assume you like the value prop you are looking at with PBR so I would not rec those to you.

Just some quick notes if this is the "class" of hotel you want.

The Areca right next door is similar. It has 2 ground floor pools (vs a nice rooftop pool at PRB). This is offset by the fact that rooms in the Areca (outside the new wing) are a bit older.

The Sabai properties (up north neat the Big C) also have nice ground floor pools and are cheaper, but they are all over the place in quality (some rooms are ancient) so you have to know what you are booking.

If you like the price and location of the PBR, then the only other choice I would toss out is Sandy Springs.

There are nicer hotels for a few hundred baht a night more (Tim's and LK Ren.) and there are decent cheaper hotels. But I assume you like the value prop you are looking at with PBR so I would not rec those to you.

Thanks for the summary however my comments area as follows:

The Sabai Inn is not part of the Resort and I am reasonably sure of the standard of room that I get and it isnt hit and miss.

I think that if you check you will find that the price of Sandy Spring has shot up of late.

Like I have said, there are hundreds of properties in Patts and what I did was look for what I felt was the best deal for 1000 baht. This seriously focussed me on a dozen places rather than bothering about the others.