Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

looking for nice hotel with pool

hi all, going back to patts again in july and on my last 2 trips stayed in queen vic on soi6

but this time would like to try somewhere else for about 1200 baht per night

it would also have to be girl friendly,can anyone help,would be nice with pool,but ok if not

thanks guys

your choice is endless but out of the hotels i have personally stayed in the 2 best would be

sandy spring on soi 13, rooms starting at 1200, nice pool and centrally located

or

opey de place on soi lengkee, rooms starting at 800, nice pool but a little further from ws but handy for soi lk, diana, buakhow etc.

neither place has a joiner fee

Just looked at the website and it quotes a 500b a nite joiner fee :whistling:

Which website ??

If your talking about the Pattaya bay resort then your talking about a 2nd joiner (ie 3 in a room, you plus 2)

Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ:

Q: Are you joiner/over-night guest friendly?

A: Yes, all joiners or over-night guests are always welcome with a smile by all of our staff.

Q: Is there an additional charge for joiners/over-night guests?

A: All of our rates quoted are for 1 or 2 persons sharing the same room. Therefore, if a single guest brings back a joiner, there is no additional fee. If you have a third person in the room, there is an additional charge of 500 baht per person, per night.

http://pattayabayresort.com/FAQ.aspx

Edited by glynbuk

If you want to stay in the area near Soi 6, a new hotel will soon open just down the Soi from where the Bangkok Bank is located on 2nd Rd. I think its name is something like the Mind Resort.

PBR-too far from beach rd., (but ok I'm a senior citizen).

Eastiny, Sunshine, Sunbeam, Flipper- too loud, no view.

Opey, Haven, JP Court, have not tried. BM's please add reviews, with prices.

My favorite, (and I've stayed in alot of hotels), baht for baht, is still Sandy Spring.

1) Good price

2) Quiet, yet steps from beach rd.

3) Friendly, guest friendly staff.

4) great pool

5) deluxe sea view rooms, awesome balcony over pool with sea view. Great sunsets.

6) Three resturant menus for room service. Breakfast buffet 1/2 block away.

I am interested in hearing other newer hotel reviews.

Didn't The Sandy Spring recently raise their price to 1,900 Baht a night?

Did the new mall destroy the good views from the 11th and 12th floors of the Sunshine Residence on Soi 8?

Edited by Samsonite

Areca Lodge is pretty good, not sure on the Wi-fi situation though, JP is good with wi-fi in the Lobby..

"Nature View" brand new, decent pool just past 18 Coins on the left towards the market is very nice for 800 a night.

Didn't The Sandy Spring recently raise their price to 1,900 Baht a night?

If so I sure hope they've upgraded the seaview deluxe rooms.

Other BM's know?

For 1200 baht a night there's Residence Garden for 1450 baht if you ask them for the special. A little over but they have two pools and very private. There's Pattaya Bay Resort, one of the Sabai Empress/Resort. Or you can go with a condo from Dancewatcher, probably one of his Jomtien ones. Probably the best value would be Pattaya Bay Resort, only downside I hear from them is the thin walls.

The Areca Lodge on Soi Diana Inn is my favourite at the moment. Good location and wide range of rooms from 1450 pn.

The Areca Lodge is alright. They even have their own barber shop and very good parking facilities. I always go there to get a haircut from Suk and buy my visa run ticket just around the corner in Soi LK Metro at Key Visa (Alan). :o

Eastuny Plaza Hotels or Sunshine Hotel and Residence both are good but Eastuny is slightly better both have rooms around B1200 both on Soi8 gee wish I was back I need a holiday :o :clueless :chogdee :banghead

Currently a building site

Currently a building site

"Sunshine Hotel & Residences Soi 8 will go under construction from now till July 31, 2011. However, Sunshine residences wing and Sunshine Hotel wing (8 storeys building) will be operated as normal but there might be some noise disturbance from the construction nearby."

http://www.sunshinepattaya.com/