Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Good places for lunch

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I must come clean. The Mcdonalds double fish is awesome> 120bt well spent and an icecream 10bt

What did she think when you didn't even offer her an ice cream? Too enthralled with the ambience and the view to comment?

We were looking over the Pattaya Bay so the view took the cheapness away. What better way to top off a day watching the trash wash up on the beach.

Besides she got Jimmies on hers

Kettle/Pot black seems very apt here! Now it seems you can read minds, and to think you accused "Teelack" of posting "Gibberish"! :clueless

Aren't you a little pack rat?

Tell you what..it's obvious you have little liking for this board or its owner , and I've run out of patience for your years of personal jibes, so you are forthwith banned, you sour cunt.

Amazing that it would happen in a lunch thread, but it's well overdue.

You can carry on as routeman.

Which places would the esteemed members (and also the rest of the members) recommend to have lunch with a female friend. We are not (and will not become) intimately involved so I don't need to impress anyone but at the same time I would like a nice ambience and decent quality of food.

Seems like MM and other BM didn't take the time to read what the OP wanted. He wanted to go to lunch and he didn't want to spend a lot of money. Now I realize that so many BM are gourmet's and only eat at high end joints. Burger King serves a perfectly good lunch and millions of regular people eat there every day.

MM you told me not to engage in personal attacks when I have guys go after me. I have no problem with that but it would be nice if you'd tell Hub and others to lay off. I don't go after him or follow Hub from thread to thread engaging in personal attacks or threadfucking.

Which places would the esteemed members (and also the rest of the members) recommend to have lunch with a female friend. We are not (and will not become) intimately involved so I don't need to impress anyone but at the same time I would like a nice ambience and decent quality of food.

Seems like MM and other BM didn't take the time to read what the OP wanted. He wanted to go to lunch and he didn't want to spend a lot of money. Now I realize that so many BM are gourmet's and only eat at high end joints. Burger King serves a perfectly good lunch and millions of regular people eat there every day.

MM you told me not to engage in personal attacks when I have guys go after me. I have no problem with that but it would be nice if you'd tell Hub and others to lay off. I don't go after him or follow Hub from thread to thread engaging in personal attacks or threadfucking.

Where in the OP does it say he didn't want to spend a lot of money? It doesn't........ he just said he didn't need to impress!!! :thumbup

No argument from me about the quality of food and ambience. Just saying that Burger King over a 24 Hour period probably does more business than all these other restaurants combined.

And the price of tea in China is?? :thumbup

Big Denny, keeping it real as always.

I doff my hat to you Sir.

May you enjoy many more trips to Pattaya whilst those that can only dream about it, wank themselves to sleep at night and remember the good time they had at the Sugar Hut :chogdee

I can hardly think of anything I'd like to dream about less than staying at the Skyslop, eating at BK, and schtooping some of the girls he does. Sounds like a nightmare. I'll be in Costa Rica on the pacific coast this year and most likely back in Thailand doing my trip to my standards, so I think I'll dream about that.

Ambience, LMFAO. You're in Pattaya FFS. You think any TG is gonna be impressed by a meal at some fancy Falang restaurant? 30 Baht bowl of noodles will do the job. What she'll be happy with is the amount of cash she has in her purse when you say goodbye.

You really are a chucklehead. If you bothered to read (or more likely comprehend) the OP's post, you may have notice that he specifically staed he was NOT trying to impress the girl. At least you got your moronic generalization in about all TGs.

I really can't believe how fucking stupid some of you guys are after spending so much time in Pattaya!

See my last sentence for indication on who is fucking stupid.

If you want good food, go and eat alone or go with your mates otherwise you might as well take a blow up doll with you and sit her beside you at the table :thumbup

Based on your demeanor, you would probably be eating alone either way.

BTW....... Just had a sausage and egg burger from the McDonalds breakfast menu....... Masarap :chogdee The ambience wasn't too bad either. Shame I'd had too much to drink and had to turn down the offers from the teenage Hotties :hairout

Yes, a hungover idiot with stale liquor, sausage and cheese on his breath just screams ambiance.

Edited by Hub
Where in the OP does it say he didn't want to spend a lot of money? It doesn't........ he just said he didn't need to impress!!! :thumbup

LMAO :hairout

It's a great example of Denny cheap charlie genes kicking in. He thinks evryone must be a cheap fucker.

Threadfucking normally means someone has strayed off the original topic, numbnuts. My critique of your BK suggestion is on topic.

So let's recap. The OP asked for a place with nice ambiance and decent food. You suggested Burger King :thumbup and I have so far suggested Casa Pascal, the Top of the Markland, and the Sugar Hut. To add to that, you have now gone off on a tangent about your perceived persecution, which is COMPLETELY unrelated to the OP's question and which I am obliged to respond to.

So who is threadfucking?

Everything posted has been on topic except BigDusa's whining and shit stirring by the trolls...one down, one to go (paps).

With the exception of Denny's ludicrous suggestion, there have been some good suggestions.

Everything posted has been on topic except BigDusa's whining and shit stirring by the trolls...one down, one to go (paps).

With the exception of Denny's ludicrous suggestion, there have been some good suggestions.

BigD considers any criticism of his "recommendations" as a personal attack on him by "his ankle biters" :thumbup

BigD considers any criticism of his "recommendations" as a personal attack on him by "his ankle biters" :banghead

Unprovoked personal attacks across different topics by Hub is uncalled for. I have no problems with guys offering different opinions then what I offer. Phony quotes attributed to me are over the line.

So are you going to tell Hub to stop his personal attacks?

So are you going to tell Hub to stop his personal attacks?

Not at all. His replies were responses to your Burger King recommendation, and also made mention of the health risks that such a diet could pose to someone in your situation.

If you keep up this whining about being victimized, you will be sent out of the room again.

I always find the Pig and Whistle to be very good; the ambience is very much 'big screen sport' and the food very English but the standard is very good, as is the service.

If you are looking for more of a restaurant than a pub, I would highly recommend 2 places in the Soi Diana area. Patricks Belgian Restaurant offers traditional flemish cuisine as well as excellent steaks. If your friend likes falang food, the Chateaubriand is a superb fillet steak to share that I would recommend. I can't comment on their Thai food as I have never sampled it here.

I also like the Beefeater restaurant, excellent steaks and a super chicken fajitas. Again never had Thai food here but both place these places offer a pleaseant atmosphere, are spotlessly clean and top-end of reasonably priced.

I have taken a couple of ladies to Ruein Thai Restaurant (sp) on second road in the past. Lovely Thai food and a traditional Thai dancing show which the ladies love. It is open for lunch but I dont think they have the show on. Well worth going to though.

My last recommendation is Leng Kee restaurant on Pattaya Klang, near to junction with Soi Boukao. Excellent Thai and Chinese food at a very reasonable price. It as a superb, expansive menu and plenty of local people eat here as well as farangs. It as a good atmosphere and is more refined than the hole in the wall type places but still ethnic. The chicken and noodle soup is top draw as is the chicken and cashew

You've really gone into TROLL mode lately. It seems you now have nothing to add to the board but insults to the general membership.

There are so many ignorant points you're making in that short post, that it's not worth responding to anything you've said.

Be good and get some sleep...maybe go buy a cheap breezer and take it to bed.

A shame people like that can't read posts properly, he must just assume any man in Pattaya could only ever be with a hooker the way he speaks, the OP also asks for decent quality food, I will agree with him though, that noodle stall 30 baht soups are certainly better quality food than greasy brain cell destroying beef scrapings in a bun. B)

Edited by butterflyblonde
I always find the Pig and Whistle to be very good; the ambience is very much 'big screen sport' and the food very English but the standard is very good, as is the service.

I have not been back to the P&W since some arrogant prick behind the bar balled out one of the girls for letting me look at the wine in the fridge rather than at the menu

If you are looking for more of a restaurant than a pub, I would highly recommend 2 places in the Soi Diana area. Patricks Belgian Restaurant offers traditional flemish cuisine as well as excellent steaks. If your friend likes falang food, the Chateaubriand is a superb fillet steak to share that I would recommend. I can't comment on their Thai food as I have never sampled it here.

I also like the Beefeater restaurant, excellent steaks and a super chicken fajitas. Again never had Thai food here but both place these places offer a pleaseant atmosphere, are spotlessly clean and top-end of reasonably priced.

Went there once but turned around and walked straight out..the red wine was outside and was hot to the touch..

I have taken a couple of ladies to Ruein Thai Restaurant (sp) on second road in the past. Lovely Thai food and a traditional Thai dancing show which the ladies love. It is open for lunch but I dont think they have the show on. Well worth going to though.

This one slipped my mind as it is a few years since I have been there. Good heads up on this one..but at night make sure you grab a seat facing the centre otherwise you will end up with a crick in your neck!!!!.

My last recommendation is Leng Kee restaurant on Pattaya Klang, near to junction with Soi Boukao. Excellent Thai and Chinese food at a very reasonable price. It as a superb, expansive menu and plenty of local people eat here as well as farangs. It as a good atmosphere and is more refined than the hole in the wall type places but still ethnic. The chicken and noodle soup is top draw as is the chicken and cashew

I do mind when you phony up a quote and put my name on it. Lame.
How about when you phony up a post plagiarising another's work and put your name on that?
Cabbages and Condoms is quite a nice pace for lunch with a female friend.
The food is mediocre and service lacking.

Super ambience and interesting place to look around.

A little out of the way for lunch.

Edited by jacko
The food is mediocre and service lacking.

Super ambience and interesting place to look around.

A little out of the way for lunch.

I'd have to agree with that.

My choice would be Mum Aroy...a good dining experience, and not likely to get confused with a romantic date. It's all about food there.

I'd have to agree with that.

My choice would be Mum Aroy...a good dining experience, and not likely to get confused with a romantic date. It's all about food there.

We have a Mum Aroy on 3rd Rd near Nova Park area and another behind Banglamung Police Station, edge of Naklua. That place is always busy.

I went to a good place recently in the Naklua/ Wong Amat area, called 'Shell Tankay'....

It was on Soi 12, behind Zign hotel I think it was, on the water. Awkward to get to.

How about when you phony up a post plagiarising another's work and put your name on that?

Looks like I made a mistake and I do apologize.

Looks like I made a mistake and I do apologize.
Apology accepted..... :allright
A shame people like that can't read posts properly, he must just assume any man in Pattaya could only ever be with a hooker the way he speaks, the OP also asks for decent quality food, I will agree with him though, that noodle stall 30 baht soups are certainly better quality food than greasy brain cell destroying beef scrapings in a bun. :P

It's a pity people like yourself can't read a thread properly, else you'd have noticed my suggestion was the Pattaya Beer Garden :allright

http://www.pattayatalk.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=890127

I didn't assume the OP was with a Hooker. The OP said "Friend" so I asked for clarification, to which there was no reply.........

http://www.pattayatalk.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=890133

Depending if the Friend was Farang or Thai would influence my decision on where to take her.

Re Burger King food quality...... I would say it's decent. Millions of other people would agree or do you think they eat lunch at Burger King because they dislike the food :banana

Th OP requested 'decent quality' not the best quality available. He didn't ask for the best restaurants in Pattaya, in fact he clearly stated that he was not out to impress his friend, indicating to me that a reasonably priced or even cheap option would suffice.

Ambience is largely what you create yourself. You can go to the most exquisitely appointed restaurant in the World but if you just sit there like a Plum, no conversation or drunk off your face, where'sthe ambience now?

I would agree that you'd be hard pressed to find any ambience at a Burger King restaurant but it's what you make of it, just like any other experience. Munching on a Whopper whilst looking out over Pattaya Bay could be somebody's idea of Heaven on Earth :whistling: