Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I'm thinking of staying here in a a super de luxe in the Evergreen tower from 1st October for a week.

It works out at about 1800 baht per night.

It is a good area, but I wonder whether it may be a bit noisy? Any views/recommendations?

Peter

I stayed there about 2 months ago.

Certainly quiet, not a single beer bar outside your window.

Location is fine, you can walk out through the hotel to Soy Dianna, or go out the back to the back of Adventure Mall.

The Evergreen is very new (less than one year open I believe), I have previously stayed at the other wings and they are not as fresh.

The pools are a strength of the Areca. If you like that, then book it now. If you could care less about swimming pools, then you can find a bit better value deal if you keep looking.

But regardless, you will have no regrets with this booking.

The Evergreen building is the quietest of the three, not that any of the rooms are noisy.

Areca and Corona rooms are all being refurbished over the next 7 months, so Evergreen is the better option.

I have stayed many times since 2002 and never had any problems.

Not the cheapest place to stay, but well run, good location and facilities and in my opinion worth every Baht I pay.

I have stayed at the Areca a few days my past two trips. I don' think there are any rooms that would be effected by noise from the bars.

I haven't stayed in the new wing, but had a nice room overlooking the pool both times. The location is good, come out the front and you are on Soi Dianna and almost at the enterence to LK Metro. Exit at the rear where the new Evergreen is located and you come out just behind the Avenue Shopping Mall, cut through and you are on 2nd Road.

Like exwannabe said, nice pools, and breakfast included for both me and the current gf of the previous night.

Booked throught Agoda and I think got a better rate than booking directly with the hotel.

LeoTex

I have stayed at the Areca a few days my past two trips. I don' think there are any rooms that would be effected by noise from the bars.

I haven't stayed in the new wing, but had a nice room overlooking the pool both times. The location is good, come out the front and you are on Soi Dianna and almost at the enterence to LK Metro. Exit at the rear where the new Evergreen is located and you come out just behind the Avenue Shopping Mall, cut through and you are on 2nd Road.

Like exwannabe said, nice pools, and breakfast included for both me and the current gf of the previous night.

Booked throught Agoda and I think got a better rate than booking directly with the hotel.

LeoTex

I have stayed in the old back wing overlooking the large pool. Although I could hear no bar noise, there is a large open lot along side (or was) that had a rooster crowing most of the day.

My other pet peeve about the Areca (old wing) is that there was insufficient drawer space to unpack into. Has the new wing improved in that regard?

The next to last trip I stayed at Pasadena Lodge on Soi LK Metro. Nice room but had no view. The last trip I stayed on Soi 7. Talk about bar noise!

I have stayed in the old back wing overlooking the large pool. Although I could hear no bar noise, there is a large open lot along side (or was) that had a rooster crowing most of the day.

My other pet peeve about the Areca (old wing) is that there was insufficient drawer space to unpack into. Has the new wing improved in that regard?

The next to last trip I stayed at Pasadena Lodge on Soi LK Metro. Nice room but had no view. The last trip I stayed on Soi 7. Talk about bar noise!

There was some in the built-in closet for some unpacking.

I agree about staying on Soi 7. My very first trip stayed the Flipper Lodge on Soi 8 as well as the several (many) return trips as well as Soi 7. Both Flippers, Eastiny's and a few others until one Songkran said time to find somewhere else. Found the Sandy Spring on Soi 13 and moved out of the Eastiny never to return to Soi 7 or 8 to sleep again. Can't believe putting up with all the bar noise all night long over the years. Now stay in the Soi 13 and Lk Metro area all the time. Did the Page 10 on Soi 10 a few trips ago The whole area IMHO is the best area to say in Pattaya.

LeoTex

i'm booked into the Evergreen wing in July for 4 weeks. The Coruna was fully booked due to the limited availability during the refurb.

Use Atsiam to book, cheapest around [ i believe ] and can build up miniscule extra discounts with them

I have not stayed there but there is one thing that I am awre of and that is that there are some very good rooms available in the area for 1800 or less. I stayed at the LK Rennaisance for instance for I think about 1700 last year.

Stayed several times and add my vote . Good location. Walk out to second and grab the BB to Soi 6.8 Big C or walk through Mikes to catch the Beach Road BB to Walking Street, lots of good places to eat.

I haven't been able to get a good rate at the LK Renn on a suite for awhile but great room if they discount.

I am there right now. No noise and excellent location. Great pool. 300 baht guest fee if you bring back two or more (and get caught).

Been staying at Areca on and off for 5 years and cannot fault it.

Just back 3 days ago from staying in Evergreen on a high floor. Very quiet except for the moans and screams from my GF :devil

Worth every cent for the super deluxe room.

Many thanks guys, I have booked.

One thing that worries me is that they want me to fax over details of my credit card and "photocopy of top & bottom of card" to pay deposit.

Have you guys done that? It seems very risky.

Peter

One thing that worries me is that they want me to fax over details of my credit card and "photocopy of top & bottom of card" to pay deposit.

I had to do that for an hotel in Patts a few years ago - could have been Areca.

I didn't like it but I thought to myself that anyone who ever sees my card in a restaurant (or similar) has this information, so it is not a new risk.

Anyone know if the rooms at Evergreen wing have proper walk in showers, would seriously consider this place for next trip. This is something that puts me off rooms at the LKs across the road.

Anyone know if the rooms at Evergreen wing have proper walk in showers, would seriously consider this place for next trip. This is something that puts me off rooms at the LKs across the road.

I think they all have the bath/shower combo (mine did, and the hotel website kind of implies all do).

I am with you on this issue, I much prefer the walk in shower.

Many thanks guys, I have booked.

Peter

There's no way I would ever give anyone in Pattaya my credit card details via fax. I might pay for a room in advance via Agoda or one of the internet booking sites, but that's it. Otherwise, they can find another sucker. Anyway, you can almost always find a room in Pattaya without booking in advance.

<!--quoteo(post=893131:date=May 10 2011, 02:26 PM:name=petertaylor)-->

QUOTE (petertaylor @ May 10 2011, 02:26 PM)
<!--quotec-->Many thanks guys, I have booked.

Peter<!--QuoteEnd-->

<!--QuoteEEnd-->

There's no way I would ever give anyone in Pattaya my credit card details via fax. I might pay for a room in advance via Agoda or one of the internet booking sites, but that's it. Otherwise, they can find another sucker. Anyway, you can almost always find a room in Pattaya without booking in advance.

You can book through Agoda and avoid that, but the rate might be a little higher (do not know).

The Areca IS an honest outfit, but still I would not like this.

Can you get one of those preloaded debit cards and use that?

What I have done with them - is give them the information over the phone - and get their name - usually get the same person...

allenblue