Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Police closed bars on WS at 3am

Thanks for the info Martin.

So are Beer Bar`s shutting early as well? walking street, soi 7/8, LK..and just about everywhere you look around town Beer Bars or just the usual no music but you can still get a drink at 4am?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a good job they did too. They found two gogo's doing "sex shows" meaning that they found "topless dancers", so they arrested all three of them, and two mamasans. These guys are good. Able to f

Thanks for the info Martin.

So are Beer Bar`s shutting early as well? walking street, soi 7/8, LK..and just about everywhere you look around town Beer Bars or just the usual no music but you can still get a drink at 4am?

I'm waiting for someone to fill us in on other areas. I've only been on WS during the crackdown.

Anyone?

All the bars are closing I think. Was in Papagayo last night and they got closed at 3... and drove down 2nd road and looked like everything was closed... or at least dark and quiet.

Ahh, also will add I was in Mistys after that... got there about 3:10... they were open, but the lights popped on after about 10 minutes.. girls fled upstairs. Music was stopped, but came back on quieter and the girls danced another 5 minutes or so until another cop came by... place closed at that point... tho a few of us (including Paul) ended up staying until a little after 4 (pissing the Thai manager off in the process lol)

I realize this a bit of a thread fuck. For guys like Gabor who come to Pattaya frequently and have a long stay. There's way more truth to what you post then you realize. When the mamasan and the girls get to know you. One pays less then the going tourist rate.

Agreed. Not much of a post ( my post that is ) but Big D said it all.

Edited by Shit_Happens
All the bars are closing I think. Was in Papagayo last night and they got closed at 3... and drove down 2nd road and looked like everything was closed... or at least dark and quiet.

You drove after you had a few? :allright

You drove after you had a few? :allright

Wasn't even buzzed that night. Had maybe 3 in 2 hours. Went for the company, not the booze :)

May do the same tonight... :)

The report from tonigh:

I spoke to a gogo bar owner who said that 11 (that's right, ELEVEN) gogos were raided last night by the Bangkok police. They were looking for everything from short time rooms, tits out, underage, drugs....essentially a fishing expedition for anything amiss. This happened in the earlier hours of the night (11pm to 1am or so).

In other news, tonight Marine Disco WS was closed by 3:15, all gogos were closed by about that time, with the exception of Sweethearts, who apparently didn't get the word.

Insomnia and Ibar were closed by 3:45pm.

Beer bars with lights out and no music continued to sell past the gogo/disco closing times.

The streets were flush with hot girls with nowhere to go.

It could be heaven if you plan accordingly.

What a good job they did too. They found two gogo's doing "sex shows" meaning that they found "topless dancers", so they arrested all three of them, and two mamasans. These guys are good. Able to find three topless dancers on Walking street.

Interestingly, that idiot Niels Colov applauded the action on his face book. From his comments, he and his paper, "Pattaya People" support closing all the gogo's. Guess I won't be buying that paper any more.

• Downvote 2
What a good job they did too. They found two gogo's doing "sex shows" meaning that they found "topless dancers", so they arrested all three of them, and two

Interestingly, that idiot Niels Colov applauded the action on his face book. From his comments, he and his paper, "Pattaya People" support closing all the gogo's. Guess I won't be buying that paper any more.

He has to give it away these days..... :whistling:

But to be honest, that is the way the place is heading, as bigger names come here the 'image' of Pattaya will become more important.

I am kind of with Gabor on this one - while I do realize that the bars need to make money to stay in business - I like getting back in room with the bf before 3 anyway :)

He has to give it away these days..... :whistling:

But to be honest, that is the way the place is heading, as bigger names come here the 'image' of Pattaya will become more important.

Bigger names?

Bigger names?
Boy George is coming....... :whistling: :beer :beer :party
Aren't most Agogos closed by 4am anyway, under normal conditions?

Yes, generally...some earlier, some a bit later if busy. Closing times normally have been due to staff work hours, not police orders.

This closure is also affecting the late night, early morning venues.

What about the beer bars, not just the ones on Walking Street? Are they closing?

And any word yet on closures for next weeks Visakha Bucha day? Get to Pattaya on Monday and Tuesday is a Buddha Day holiday!! :clueless

Last night police shut WS including discos that I could see by 3:30. They are actually coming by earlier by a few minutes.

Any more info on the bar closures? still wondering about the beer bars around town.

I have no first hand info on the other areas of town. Anyone?

So were the shows stopped? No more hot tub and lesbian shows? What a tragedy.

Shows are all going on as usual, have no concern about that (yet).