Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

flights from Manchester

Well, whilst we were waiting after being pushed back off the gate, I saw the Qatar and a few other terminal 2 flights getting pushed back off the gates and taxing out for take off.... Also the Emirates flight had also left before we did..

Would that not be according to schedule, and you were at a different terminal?

They often push you back early before 'ready' as it improves the statistics! My flights with Ethiad were fine leaving Manchester, I just found the Abu Dhabi transit a bit chaotic and cramped.

Edited by jacko

Would that not be according to schedule, and you were at a different terminal?

They often push you back early before 'ready' as it improves the statistics! My flights with Ethiad were fine leaving Manchester, I just found the Abu Dhabi transit a bit chaotic and cramped.

Both Qatar and Emirates are scheduled to depart after the Etihad flight (35 and 15 minutes later). From my seat I could see the Qatar plane loading at the gate and then been pushed back and then taxing out for take-off.

Both Qatar and Emirates are scheduled to depart after the Etihad flight (35 and 15 minutes later). From my seat I could see the Qatar plane loading at the gate and then been pushed back and then taxing out for take-off.

Well the good news is that I am on the Qatar flight next trip. :D

Hi,

C.T. It is not bordering on the ridiculous. As i am not not going out, health reasons, plus it was raining and i cannot sit in garden. I took about 2 hours doing a search of the internet. Anybody can do the same. Just google in "Flights from MAN. U.K. to BKK" and Bobs your uncle and Fanny's your aunt, you come up with 100's of options, and i am not listing these also. That would be bordering on the ridicious. We must learn to do things ourself. Be careful as i beleive there is a MAN. in the states. These prices came from a few hours searching which i am sure anybody is quite capiable of doing. Also the flights were for 2011 not last year, or the year before that. I now know i should of included the web site details with all the prices. Please do not shoot me at dawn for this horrendous oversight. I was not booking, just checking prices. I think it is worth a couple of hours on the internet to get the cheapest prices.

The same flights going from BKK to MAN U.K., the cheapest return i could get was approx. 41,000B using same airports. Over 800GBP's a rip of in my books.

Cheers Doug.

Hi,

C.T. It is not bordering on the ridiculous. As i am not not going out, health reasons, plus it was raining and i cannot sit in garden. I took about 2 hours doing a search of the internet. Anybody can do the same. Just google in "Flights from MAN. U.K. to BKK" and Bobs your uncle and Fanny's your aunt, you come up with 100's of options, and i am not listing these also. That would be bordering on the ridicious. We must learn to do things ourself. Be careful as i beleive there is a MAN. in the states. These prices came from a few hours searching which i am sure anybody is quite capiable of doing. Also the flights were for 2011 not last year, or the year before that. I now know i should of included the web site details with all the prices. Please do not shoot me at dawn for this horrendous oversight. I was not booking, just checking prices. I think it is worth a couple of hours on the internet to get the cheapest prices.

The same flights going from BKK to MAN U.K., the cheapest return i could get was approx. 41,000B using same airports. Over 800GBP's a rip of in my books.

Cheers Doug.

Doug,

In other words, you made it up. Most guys on here have progressed to flight comparison websites - they don't spend two hours searching. That's what computers do.

As to why 41k is a rip-off - on average, the price has probably increased by around 15% in the last 8 years. The cost in pounds is irrelevant - Baht is the unit of currency.

stayed in queen vic last 2 times, last time in march for 4 weeks, won,t be staying

there again as going up the fire escape after 11 o clock get,s a bit much,and hassle on soi 6/1

with L/BOYS ,going back july and been highly reccomended to stay flipper lodge on soi 8.

i like flying with qatar rather than etihad and always book with [the wisemiser]website

but prices have gone up quite a lot lately,have a good trip

i like flying with qatar rather than etihad and always book with [the wisemiser]website

but prices have gone up quite a lot lately,have a good trip

They're Benz Travel - just a different trading name.

I am from the cup winning city.......

allright Obviously not talking about The Champions League there :allright

:moon Sent with love from The Shed End :moon

allright Obviously not talking about The Champions League there :allright

:moon Sent with love from The Shed End :moon

They got a cup or two, not that one, again.

Not doing too well on either side of the Humber are we?

Just landed back this morning with Etihad and I'm sad to say but the return trip wasn't an improvement on the outward trip.... personally I think the on-board experience is sadly not as good as Emirates..... And I definitely recommend flying A380 compared to the 777-300ER, the 777 feels a lot more claustrophobic in the high density configuration that both Emirates and Etihad use.

Just landed back this morning with Etihad and I'm sad to say but the return trip wasn't an improvement on the outward trip.... personally I think the on-board experience is sadly not as good as Emirates..... And I definitely recommend flying A380 compared to the 777-300ER, the 777 feels a lot more claustrophobic in the high density configuration that both Emirates and Etihad use.

Thanks for the feedback, and I hope you aren't suffering the post Pattaya blues too much.

I will be on Qatar soon and able to report back in a few weeks on both legs, it has been a year since my last flight with them. I nearly booked Emirates just for the A380 experience, but the prices were somewhat higher in Biz Class, and as I am the type who stays in my seat apart from a few toilet visits the size of the aircraft should not be an issue. I suffered Dubai under construction some years back and decided I wouldn't be back for a while, I felt I had walked a good portion of the trip. :D

I wonder what will go wrong when I land at Manchester tomorrow, last time someone was ill on the plane and we had to park away from the gates for an ambulance to arrive, and wait ages for busses to be crammed into like matches in a box! Then dumped infront of double doors, one of which was locked shut and we were bottle-necked in. I was looking behind me to see if they were using border collies!

Thanks for the feedback, and I hope you aren't suffering the post Pattaya blues too much.

I will be on Qatar soon and able to report back in a few weeks on both legs, it has been a year since my last flight with them. I nearly booked Emirates just for the A380 experience, but the prices were somewhat higher in Biz Class, and as I am the type who stays in my seat apart from a few toilet visits the size of the aircraft should not be an issue. I suffered Dubai under construction some years back and decided I wouldn't be back for a while, I felt I had walked a good portion of the trip. :D

I wonder what will go wrong when I land at Manchester tomorrow, last time someone was ill on the plane and we had to park away from the gates for an ambulance to arrive, and wait ages for busses to be crammed into like matches in a box! Then dumped infront of double doors, one of which was locked shut and we were bottle-necked in. I was looking behind me to see if they were using border collies!

Yesterday morning the Etihad flight landed at Manchester 30 minutes early and no gate was available.... so we we parked on one of the taxi-ways for 20 minutes until one was available....

Immigration only had 5 desks open so getting through immigration was slow, but luckily nobody was on customs so we waltzed through with my load of cheap baccy from Bangkok!!! :grin

Yesterday morning the Etihad flight landed at Manchester 30 minutes early and no gate was available.... so we we parked on one of the taxi-ways for 20 minutes until one was available....

Immigration only had 5 desks open so getting through immigration was slow, but luckily nobody was on customs so we waltzed through with my load of cheap baccy from Bangkok!!! :grin

Complete with gruesome pictures on the boxes!

I have 2 sat in front of me now on the table as I wait in the lounge. I shall go get me a beer.

• 3 weeks later...

Qatar Airways now doing flights ex Manchester for £488.00 in Aug/Sept/Oct. Usual 1 to 2 hours layover in Doha.

Book direct with Qatar or the usual comparison sites (ie) Kayak.

As advised in earlier post with increased capacity from Etihad/Qatar/Emirates is this the first one to break

ranks with cheaper fares ???