Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Business opportunites

80 views no replies? Maybe if you actually gives some details this add might work better.

I thought the same thing. No name, no location, not much use to me.

Tony is advertising on TV that he has places on walking street for sale or rent. He makes it almost impossible to have a viable and growing business. Anyone renting property from him would have to have a 10 page contract stopping him from renting out every square inch of property not actually inside the doors of the rental property. Also his adding advertisements of his own, blocking your own sign, or sight of the property. Even street parking, he is likely to rent out to food carts, motorbike renters, or street performers. Not to mention the sidewalks, you could show up to open your business one day to find that clothing racks in front of the doors, because he has rented out that part of the sidewalk, if not all of it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Tony is something isnt he lol i dont know him but his name only provoces some amusing reactions.

lans soi 16 sounds like it is maybe the 800 m3 there somewhere he is mentioning?

• Upvote 1

More information : -

Club 1: 400 Sq M. Key money, 9 Million, 350,000 / month 3 year lease.

Club 2: 280 Sq M. Key money, 7 Million, 250,000 / month 3 year lease.

Land for sale:

1,640 Sq M. on soi 16. 100 million or 50 million down, with negotiable terms.

• Downvote 1

The first one works out to 600k baht/month. Ouch!

Do you get the feeling that it will be vacant for a while?

• Downvote 2

I am of the opinion that the only business people in Pattaya that laugh all the way to the bank are the landlords. Owning any business that you don't own the property puts you at the mercy of the property owner. You DON'T want to be at the mercy of a Thai property owner.

Frankly, what I am trying to understand, is why anyone would think anyone would pay those prices? :clueless

Unless landlord is looking for a mob organization that would pay those prices to launder money. :clueless

..... pay those prices to launder money. :clueless

I doubt guys with that much to launder would fall for this - people of any persuasion (criminal or legit) with vast amounts of disposable cash are by nature way beyond this level of stupidity

Looks like I guessed it right. In keeping with tony tradition, it also looks impossible to even break even, much less make a profit. Not to mention the ten meter tall picture of himself he plans to put on the front of the building to drive customers away.

• Downvote 1

All I will say is that I know of a very large semi open bar on Walking st that is maybe about the same size as Tony's (maybe a bit smaller) and it doesn't have a full hi tec system and the rent will cost you the same.

I don't think some people here realize how expensive the rents can be in this town.

:mellow:

All I will say is that I know of a very large semi open bar on Walking st that is maybe about the same size as Tony's (maybe a bit smaller) and it doesn't have a full hi tec system and the rent will cost you the same.

I don't think some people here realize how expensive the rents can be in this town.

:mellow:

That may be, but it just shows that rents are to high, and the land owners need to take into account the economy and drop in tourists, as well as the change in tourists. The Arabs and Russian families are not spending their money in bars and disco's.

Lets be real here, Tony has put them on the market because they are not profitable for him anymore. We can be assured that he wasn't paying that kind of rent and key money. If he couldn't make a profit, how could someone else paying so much more for rents? That's not taking into effect that some remodeling would have to be done, as well as sign changes and such. Disco's have typically made their money after the bars have closed down, now they are being closed as well, and who knows how long that will go on, or how much tea money it would take to stay open later.

7-9 million baht is a sizable amount of money to invest in a business that has a good chance of not surviving a year. Then in 3 years having to come up with it again. Should the economy improve, and tourism come back, would you trust Tony to renew your lease after investing such a sizable amount of time and money into the place?

Should the economy improve, and tourism come back, would you trust Tony to renew your lease after investing such a sizable amount of time and money into the place?

Very good point :thumbup