Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Fellas,

I've only done 1 nye in Pattaya & that was about 10 years ago but is there a big fireworks/shindig on the beach each year & what's a great spot for watching if you've got children with you?

I like to plan ahead :party

Fellas,

I've only done 1 nye in Pattaya & that was about 10 years ago but is there a big fireworks/shindig on the beach each year & what's a great spot for watching if you've got children with you?

I like to plan ahead :party

Well last year there was a pretty good evening, super fireworks and yes there will be the big fireworks/shindig on the beach...but.....

Very very crowded, quite chaotic, and to be honest, with a lot of drunken twats in the mix perhaps a bit dangerous to have kids with you, I would worry about losing them. So don't think of going to Bali Hai pier, but if you can get a good spot on the beach I think it would be good.

I am expecting there to be even more people here this year. I might stay home!

We'll be in the Patts area anyway so I was thinking of splashing out on a decent room with a balconey overlooking the beach & having a family party with a few friends invited.

We could have dinner early evening a stroll & then up to the room for say 11ish.

That way we would be out of the mayhem.

As we probably won't make use of the room to sleep in, all that we would need is location as we'd bring everything else with us.

Does that sound like a workable plan & can anyone suggest somewhere were I won't be as wallet-raped as soemwhere like the Hilton?

I know that you are often forced to book 2 nights at that time of the year

I realise that the next New Year's Eve actually begins in the year 2011, but I think you'll find people call it New Year's Eve 2012.

• Downvote 2

We'll be in the Patts area anyway so I was thinking of splashing out on a decent room with a balconey overlooking the beach & having a family party with a few friends invited.

We could have dinner early evening a stroll & then up to the room for say 11ish.

That way we would be out of the mayhem.

As we probably won't make use of the room to sleep in, all that we would need is location as we'd bring everything else with us.

Does that sound like a workable plan & can anyone suggest somewhere were I won't be as wallet-raped as soemwhere like the Hilton?

I know that you are often forced to book 2 nights at that time of the year

Unless you are lucky enough to find a small to medium sized hotel overlooking the beach with a room available I can foresee a couple of stumbling blocks.

1) A lot of hotels have a minimum stay length, 3-5 days is typical, over the Christmas and New Year period.

2) Some hotels, mainly the larger hotels, have a compulsory gala dinner on NYE, typical prices I have seen quoted are around 2000-3000 baht per person, with the price increasing according to the quality of the hotel.

Good luck

TG

I realise that the next New Year's Eve actually begins in the year 2011, but I think you'll find people call it New Year's Eve 2012.

Oh FFS Joe!

Why not edit your 'Interests', it needs to be a little longer then each of your posts occupy the complete screen with blank page! :whistling:

Edited by jacko

Oh FFS Joe!

My point was in the next 6-8 months, when people search.

Why not edit your 'Interests', it needs to be a little longer then each of your posts occupy the complete screen with blank page! :whistling:

I just thought the same thing, actually. It looks ridiculous now. Originally, this went only in the profile. I think that's the only place it belongs.

• 3 weeks later...

No, I think you will find the OP is quite right in saying New Years Eve 2011, and most people will agree with him.

No, I think you will find the OP is quite right in saying New Years Eve 2011, and most people will agree with him.

I agree : New years eve 2011 yes. New years day 2012 . simples :rolleyes: