Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

nanny/babysitter wanted

@ Jacko, was that question rhetorical? I'm sure we'd like to know. I've never asked any of them. For the record I have 1 (29 yo) and have previously been approved by the NSW state government in Australia as a "suitable person" to work with kids. Anyone working with school-children in NSW is required to undergo a police background check and investigation. It's worth SFA but it's better than nothing.

Well my tongue was in the cheek but I would not go as far as to say rhetorical.

It is just a strange approach to ask barowners and confessed mongers advice regarding babysitters.

Does your 29 year old require babysitters?

Glad that you are suitable to work with kids, and can give good advice as to what to look for, but you were not included in the 'rhetoric'.

why not contact the nanny agency in bangkok to find a live in housekeeper or nanny? they can provide flippers as well that speak english and cook western food. at least then you will have the company to go back on if something were to happen or be stolen.

This was part of my point which got lost in Ken's anger.

The Admiral says he is this and that but won't tell us who he is.

I suggest asking MM or Hammer or Larry at Secrets or any number of other well known expats.

To answer your question. Ken is a B member, meaning he owns a business in Pattaya. He is an expat. As an expat, I can tell you that everyone we meet isn't a bar girl. We have neighbors, friends, girlfriends, and all have friends and family members that come to town looking for work, not always in the bar industry. I personally know someone that would be perfect for a nanny job. I have seen her interact, and take care of children many times. I would trust her with my grand children. I made no mention of her. After all this is a mongers board, and the OP did not give enough information, on length of employment, pay, live in or not, and what would concern me most. Do they expect extras from their nanny? In this particular case, my concern would be for the lady, not the child. I know the child would be in good hands. I'll stand on my original statement, that a mongers forum is not the best place to look for a nanny. Unfortunately, I can offer no help on finding a better place.

Edited by lovedog100

How many kids have they got between them? :whistling:

My point was, these are people who we know, who we can put a face to. Ken has told us he is this and that but has refused to be public about who he is. Therefore all claims by him. He may be all he says he is and a great guy but to this point it is all on his say so. It is nothing against him personally, although he takes it as such. It is about being a responsible parent.

Hammer, mm and Larry are known entities. They may or not be the right choices to ask this question but they are standup people who almost all of us know. There are others in Pattaya as well. I just can't add Ken to that list yet.

Does that make sense?

Hi Michelangelo,

Got your PM but been busy and have talked to a couple of girls, will PM today.

As a general bit of advice for anyone doing this some of the questions they all ask are (in no specific order):

• How much?
  • Working hours?
  • Live in or casual?
  • Cooking required? Thai, Western etc?
  • List of duties?
  • How old are the kids and how many?
  • Any "special" requirements?
  • For how long and when want start?

Asking them to nominate a fee is a complete waste of time so you need a figure (or range) in mind when looking for this.

@ Randy, thanks mate - unlike the others who are criticising here you've met me and whilst you don't know me intimately (thankfully I dont have boobs LOL) I appreciate the comment.

The final decision to hire anyone for this would ultimately rest with the party requiring the services - not me, not the rest of you. I simply offered to help - obviously that's now considered a crime on PT. When I joined this board there was a far greater level of assistance that BMs offerred each other. Sadly that has gone the way of the posters who are obviously now either inactive or frequenting different boards. If it wasn't for JK and a literal handful of others there would be no new content on this board at all. Even Gawd Elpus and Villa seem to have given up.

@ Midlife, when did any of the 3 "well known" expats ever tell you who they are publicly? I'm sure many of us would be greatful (amused) if you post some links to this for us - it could even help someone. If you wish to meet me or know about me I suggest that you do what you most likely did with those 3 and visit my establishment - hell I'll even buy you a drink or 2. Then you can make an informed comment as opposed to your perevious attempt. If you're not interested, I won't be distraught over it :whistling:

@ Jacko, was that question rhetorical? I'm sure we'd like to know. I've never asked any of them. For the record I have 1 (29 yo) and have previously been approved by the NSW state government in Australia as a "suitable person" to work with kids. Anyone working with school-children in NSW is required to undergo a police background check and investigation. It's worth SFA but it's better than nothing.

I know that in many cases I'd select a girl who has had kids (and experience) over one who has none, though many "older sisters" tend to do much of the parenting/nannying back in the village giving them this experience. The final choice still rests with the employer.

Cheers :gulp: Admiral Ken

Ken,

Many of us know these people both as bar owners and posters on various boards.

None of them are anonymous. For someone who is supposedly part of that scene, I am surprised you are not aware of who they are.

Like I said, for all I know you could be the greatest guy in LOS or you could be Harris Black.

MM's and Hammer's pictures appear frequently on this board and on their bar's websites. Larry's appears on Secret's site.

You make lot's of claims, admiral, but anybody can make claims. I wish no offense but as a parent I would not take your word for anything that regards the safety of my flesh and blood!

I do not say this to insult you. If you are really the upfront guy you claim to be you would understand this!

To answer your question. Ken is a B member, meaning he owns a business in Pattaya. He is an expat. As an expat, I can tell you that everyone we meet isn't a bar girl. We have neighbors, friends, girlfriends, and all have friends and family members that come to town looking for work, not always in the bar industry. I personally know someone that would be perfect for a nanny job. I have seen her interact, and take care of children many times. I would trust her with my grand children. I made no mention of her. After all this is a mongers board, and the OP did not give enough information, on length of employment, pay, live in or not, and what would concern me most. Do they expect extras from their nanny? In this particular case, my concern would be for the lady, not the child. I know the child would be in good hands. I'll stand on my original statement, that a mongers forum is not the best place to look for a nanny. Unfortunately, I can offer no help on finding a better place.

your point is well taken but I do not know you either. I am sure you are an excellent chap but that does not mean I would entrust my children to someone based on your recommendation.

Bar girl or not, that is not the point either.

The fact I mentioned three other bar owners is because they are well known and despite the fact the may not have children, they may have contacts.

I don't want this to become a pissing contest aimed at Ken. My point was originally a general one that was taken personally.

As a parent I encourage other parents to err on the side of caution.

Frankly, leave the kids with family back home and then come to Pattaya. Pattaya is not for children.

I agree a monger's forum is not the best place to ask the question and part of why I spoke up is that I found the OP's question a bit out of place.

Edited by midlifecrisis

Hammer, mm and Larry are known entities. They may or not be the right choices to ask this question but they are standup people who almost all of us know. There are others in Pattaya as well. I just can't add Ken to that list yet.

Does that make sense?

It may to you, and I accept that they are known entities, but as far as I know none of them are female nor have young children at home. They are also pretty fond of the nightlife here. Would you recommend the Glitterman?

As Joek is harping on in another thread, we are all just posters in an anonymous whore-monger's forum.

If someone were to ask me where they might obtain a babysitter I would likely point them towards a neighbour's maid, or suggest a question at one of the Expats Clubs, not go see the guy who owns the bar complete with prostitutes in town.

Edited by jacko

Many of us know these people both as bar owners and posters on various boards.

None of them are anonymous. For someone who is supposedly part of that scene, I am surprised you are not aware of who they are.

From what wet dream did you get that information? I had a few beers with Adam (Hammer) the night before last whilst discussing some business. Larry I see usually 1 to 2 times a week depending on how busy I am and whilst I no longer frequent Martin's establishment, we've seen enough of each other in the past for both of us (see next reply about MM's pic). I think he'd agree.

MM's and Hammer's pictures appear frequently on this board and on their bar's websites. Larry's appears on Secret's site.

Jeez it's so hard to find a picture of me ... now let me see :doh: try the links at the bottom of ANY of my posts. You'll even see pics of MM and Hammer (Adam) on the facebook page. Lally doesn't come out to play that much LOL but I've got some with him in Secrets that will be up soon too.

Too hard was it? :frustrated1:

You make lot's of claims, admiral, but anybody can make claims. I wish no offense but as a parent I would not take your word for anything that regards the safety of my flesh and blood!

And neither would I. But as noted above, unlike you I'm out there for the world to see, complete with email addresses, direct phone contact numbers and a physical address where you can find me when I'm in the "office". Admittedly I have that for the 3 barowners you mentioned but NONE of them make all of that information public as I do.

If you really mean no offence you'd research your comments before opening your mouth and stop trying to justify them restrospectively with bullshit.

your point is well taken but I do not know you either. I am sure you are an excellent chap but that does not mean I would entrust my children to someone based on your recommendation.

You seem to have taken this personnaly. As I asked you before who appointed you as the arbiter of morality and virtue here? ... or anywhere for that matter? The request was not from you so what business is it of yours? If nothing else your reactions are disprportionate to your involvement.

I don't want this to become a pissing contest aimed at Ken. My point was originally a general one that was taken personally.

So why do you continue with the slighting of my character (albeit indirectly) when I have offered you the opportunity to meet me and decide for yourself without sprouting uninformed comment - or are you just a mouthpiece for someone else here?

As a parent I encourage other parents to err on the side of caution.

And so do I - that's why I offered assistance - so far WHAT POSITIVE CONTRIBUTION HAVE YOU MADE? .... and don't say that you were cautioning the OP that's total BS, any half decent parent would already been aware of that. :allright

Oh ... I forgot, you directed them to ThaiVisa - another forum frequented by visitors to Thailand (and mongers) :frustrated1:

Frankly, leave the kids with family back home and then come to Pattaya. Pattaya is not for children.

You dont read much do you? The question was about getting a nanny locally err Pattaya/Nakluea specifically - so your suggestion NOW is to forget the nanny and export the kid/s? :rotflmao - that's classic !!!

I agree a monger's forum is not the best place to ask the question and part of why I spoke up is that I found the OP's question a bit out of place.

Now that's interesting. Maybe you could show us where you said that in you initial reply or the reply you made to my offer of assistance. Stop trying to defend your smartarse comment by offering bullshit excuses and quoting non-exisistent posts.

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:31 AM : Have you checked at Thaivisa.com?

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:13 AM : No offense intended but who vouches for you?

Did I leave anything out? That was your TOTAL contribution to that stage. So where's this warning about it being out of place? Incidentally all of the (mongers) board forum members that I know also read ThaiVisa - so you were sending them to a board already populated by numerous mongers :rotflmao You're seriously lacking any credibility here :allright

It may to you, and I accept that they are known entities, but as far as I know none of them are female nor have young children at home. They are also pretty fond of the nightlife here. Would you recommend the Glitterman?

I wouldn't be so sure about Larry after his recent op LOL.

As for Glitterman I was so tempted to run over him "accidentally" on the pier a few nights ago - I don't know what stopped me :clueless I wouldn't trust him to help old ladies cross the street - read some of his posts if you're in doubt. I have also met him and he definately has a screw loose. Maybe Midlife would recommend him. After all he is well known, has pictures of himself on most forums and also in many newspapers locally and looks just the type to amuse kids.

As Joek is harping on in another thread, we are all just posters in an anonymous whore-monger's forum.

I rarely agree with Joe, and won't start now. This forum also has a collection of experienced professionals from MANY respected occupations and from all walks of life. Just because JK says it doesn't mean it's gospel. The combining factor is more an interest in Pattaya. Yes it's ALSO a mongers forum, and before it took a huge dive in quality was also a great resource for visitors to Pattaya (and Thailand in general). As for anonymous - total BULLSHIT. I have met many of the posters on here (including the 3 barowners mentioned above). Anonimity is permitted on the forum (and anonymous members should be treated with extreme caution, eg JK) but anonimity is NOT a requirement here.

If someone were to ask me where they might obtain a babysitter I would likely point them towards a neighbour's maid, or suggest a question at one of the Expats Clubs, not go see the guy who owns the bar complete with prostitutes in town.

Thanks Jacko - I'm also a member of BOTH expats clubs :clap2

Whilst my business does have a bar license it is not the principal part of my business. Unlike the others mentioned most of my customers are families or couples, tourists and locals, Thais, expats and foreign tourists - the sort of people who may know someone suitable for the OP. By all of your and Midlife's criteria, I may actually be one of the better people to ask LOL

@Midlife : the links are just below here - in case you can't find them

• Downvote 1

jacko, that is actually a very good suggestion. Don't know why I didn't think of it.

I have to add for midlife, just because a man pays prostitutes for sex, doesn't mean that he is a bad person. Just as someone that goes to church every week, doesn't make them a good person. In fact as we have found out over the past decade, someone that is in charge of a church, may be the last person you would want around your child. I have found the members of this board to be pretty decent men. They come from all walks of society, religions, political affiliations. Amazingly, I have met more ex-police officers than ex-drug dealers, or other types of criminals from the forums.

I know MM, Hammer, and Larry personally. I like all three of them. However if my daughter were coming to visit and bringing her child, I would not ask either of them about finding a sitter or nanny. It's not in the realm of their expertise. They are all three hands on business owners, and spend the biggest portion of their time keeping their business interest going. Most of their social time is spent with other mongers, bar owners, or bar girls. I know MM, Adam, and Larry much better than I know Ken. I have no idea how much of Ken's time is spent running his business, or what he does with his free time. However to say that MM, Adam, and Larry would have a better recommendation for a nanny than another ex-pat, on the basis of how many times their picture has appeared on a forum is ludicrous. As jacko said, that would put glitterman as someone to ask.

Edited by lovedog100

From what wet dream did you get that information?...

If you really mean no offence you'd research your comments before opening your mouth and stop trying to justify them restrospectively with bullshit...

You seem to have taken this personnaly. As I asked you before who appointed you as the arbiter of morality and virtue here? ... or anywhere for that matter? The request was not from you so what business is it of yours? If nothing else your reactions are disprportionate to your involvement.

I have taken this personally? Go back and revisit the first comment you made to me on this thread.

Then take a look above at what you have said about me.

Who is taking this personally?

You have - from the start.

I have simply explained my position. I have nothing against you personally. I do not know you. My point all along has been from the side of a concerned and responsible parent.

You may disagree and are welcome to do so. It does not bother me. Consistently, the person calling another names, belittling posts, etc. has been you.

I will bow out. Have a great day over there!

• Upvote 1
  • 4 months later...

Sorry to revive this rather tense thread, but I don't think I can PM members yet (I tried).

I'm in a similar position, in that I need a casual babysitter/nanny for occasional evenings and weekends, live-out, from the end of this month (November) in central Pattaya, for a four month period until the end of March.

Hope the flaming doesn't start up again - I'll just say that it's up to me to vet potential candidates properly.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

when I first started reading this thread I was going to reply that I knew a couple of ladies that might be suitable, then as I read further I was f...g glad I didnt. LIke a couple of people have said offering any help or advice doesnt pay off except with personal attacks. its probably best just to keep quiet and stay below the radar.!! Pity really as I thought that was what forums where all about.

I managed to find a good maid/nanny, but she just left Pattaya to go back to her home town ... therefore "on the market" again.

Any help most welcome to find a good maid/nanny fulltime, either live-in or live-out.

Thanks to all for good hints.

when I first started reading this thread I was going to reply that I knew a couple of ladies that might be suitable, then as I read further I was f...g glad I didnt. LIke a couple of people have said offering any help or advice doesnt pay off except with personal attacks. its probably best just to keep quiet and stay below the radar.!! Pity really as I thought that was what forums where all about.

Welcome to the new Pattaya Talk ... this place has progressively gone to shit since Pattaya Pete had it - maybe it is time for the fork.

Cheers, :gullp: Admiral Ken

PS : I 100% agree, forums are to help fellow BMs, not score "brownie points". Copy this post as it will most likely disappear soon or I'll be back on "mod watch" without any warnings ...... again. Still cant use the PM system as someone must have been spying on my PMs.

• Downvote 1

Welcome to the new Pattaya Talk ... this place has progressively gone to shit since Pattaya Pete had it - maybe it is time for the fork.

Cheers, :gullp: Admiral Ken

PS : I 100% agree, forums are to help fellow BMs, not score "brownie points". Copy this post as it will most likely disappear soon or I'll be back on "mod watch" without any warnings ...... again. Still cant use the PM system as someone must have been spying on my PMs.

Your obviously posting with an agenda against the board and associated entities. Don't you think it's time to stop?

Some time ago, I reinstated your posting privileges in the hope that you would do just what you say you intend to do...help other board members.

This last reply of yours just attempts to restoke a flame session from long ago. Where is that helping anyone?

You're right, it probably doesn't help anyone, but I didn't revive this thread. If I have any "agenda" it would be to see the board return to the days when, if you posted a response attempting to help, you could reasonably expect NOT to get flamed for your efforts. I have attempted to assist in a limited way in other threads but the whole truth is that you have not restored my account fully (only the removal of mod watch). As you know I'm "on the ground" in Pattaya quite a bit and encounter many more types of tourist than most BMs would. I'm happy to assist but don't feel inclined to do so with limited access or while you discourage mention of my business Changing my handle and removing my sig didn't encourage me to participate in any way whatsoever.. Sometimes PMs are a more efficient way to help people and avoid the shitfest from the usual trolls and you have removed that right as well. Seems many more things have not been reinstated than have been, if the whole truth be known.

If you really do want to see this forum flourish again encourage an environment where people can post without fear from the resident head-kicker and the others who really do seem to have an agenda that isn't in the best interests of the forum. You've always been against heavy-handed moderation (and cudos to you for that) but the original portion of this thread is a perfect example of why people won't post. The post, to which I replied recently, shows that I'm not the only one that feels that the tone of posts discourages participation. Your forum, up to you.

... and a Happy New Year to all :party

• 1 year later...

could anyone tell me if there are nanny/babysitter agency in pattaya naklua area?will be moving there in 2weeks,have a 3years old boy.how much is the monthly fee?thanks

hello sir, my name is Glenda and I'm looking for a nanny job in Pattaya. I'm hardworking, honest, patient and dependable worker. Here is my email address glanda_venezuela@yahoo.com.ph and my contact number 082 7938909. I have experience working as nanny and housemaid for many years.

Thank you very much.

I managed to find a good maid/nanny, but she just left Pattaya to go back to her home town ... therefore "on the market" again.

Any help most welcome to find a good maid/nanny fulltime, either live-in or live-out.

Thanks to all for good hints.

hello sir, my name is Glenda, I'm from the Philippines and I'm looking for a nanny job in Pattaya. I'm hardworking, honest, patient and dependable worker. Here is my email address glanda_venezuela@yahoo.com.ph and my contact number 082 7938909. I have experience working as nanny and housemaid for many years.

Thank you very much.

could anyone tell me if there are nanny/babysitter agency in pattaya naklua area?will be moving there in 2weeks,have a 3years old boy.how much is the monthly fee?thanks

hello sir, my name is Glenda, I'm from the Philippines and I'm looking for a nanny job in Pattaya. I'm hardworking, honest, patient and dependable worker. Here is my email address glanda_venezuela@yahoo.com.ph and my contact number 082 7938909. I have experience working as nanny and housemaid for many years.

Thank you very much.