Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

coming to pattaya in 3 weeks going to try and buy one this time if any one knows of or some one im looking for possibly one or 2 condos regards park lane type or hyde park but others considered if the price is right please inbox or email me

louis :clueless

Why buy when rent is so cheap? What's the rush to buy?

hi ive been coming since 2003 and i could of bought one by now so investment purpases money just sat in K bank

maybe its time but i am always ready to listen thank you for advise

coming to pattaya in 3 weeks going to try and buy one this time if any one knows of or some one im looking for possibly one or 2 condos regards park lane type or hyde park but others considered if the price is right please inbox or email me

Louie. The market is saturated with condo's for sale and is a buyers market. Just get there and have a look what the estate agents have got. Sure to find a bargain somewhere.

Louie. The market is saturated with condo's for sale and is a buyers market. Just get there and have a look what the estate agents have got. Sure to find a bargain somewhere.

But if he deals directly with the owner on here it would be cheaper....Just use the agencies as a benchmark price...

GREAT advise thanks guys got a viewing next wed at park lane ill keep you all posted fingers crossed

GREAT advise thanks guys got a viewing next wed at park lane ill keep you all posted fingers crossed

Whilst there...or indeed any complex you like...check out the notice boards for any condo sales and cut out the middle man!!

I might also try looking for a private sale and save on the commissions. Those Estate agents inflate the prices.
  • 2 weeks later...

I would only buy a condo if u stay 4 mos out of the yr, if u are planning on retiring soon then it's ok, I rented a house for 20 yrs and was always glad i had the option to pack up and leave any time i wanted. YOu can buy at anytime, it's only good if you looking for long term investment.

I would only buy a condo if u stay 4 mos out of the yr, if u are planning on retiring soon then it's ok, I rented a house for 20 yrs and was always glad i had the option to pack up and leave any time i wanted. YOu can buy at anytime, it's only good if you looking for long term investment.

Actually I am inclined to think 'if you want to buy' do it now. I believe prices will be on the rise again soon.

Owning your own place has some benefits, one being that you save on monthly rent. It is a decision not to be taken lightly. Negatives being, risk of not being able to own the land, the extra expenses of maintenance and improvements, being tied down, your money tied up. But not having to pay off someone else's mortgage is an advantage, and it seems to be a basic human desire to own your own place, make it yours, as you like, surround yourself with your own crap and toys.

I just don't see it as only a long term investment, I see it as a place to make your own home and live well.

I think if you plan to spend a lot of time there it makes sense, Iknow one lad who has lived in Thailand 7 years, he has paid £35k in rent and on the at of July he has to pay his 20k Baht again :mellow:

There are arguments both ways, its personal choice to date I dont know anyone who has lost 35k on a condo but I know a guy who has done 35k in rent.

Bit each to their own, I dont feel comfortable with e company ownes, however if you owned a few then its a company a property company that way is ok for me.

Also know a guy who has 8 units in VT6 yet rents a house on the darkside, many ways to work it its only in the fullness of time do we know..

I have a nice single bedroom condo in Jomtien. My renter moved to Chiang Mai and now the unit is empty. I live upcountry so I went down and repaired the few minor things that needed repair. While there I decided to have the entire place painted. I have to say that I really enjoyed the change of pace and ended up staying for about a month. I have decided NOT to rent it again. I go down to Jomtien several times a year and was staying in hotels. Staying in my own place is so much more enjoyable. Here in Loei, we do have a cold season. It normally lasts a couple of months. I plan to stay in the condo during that cold period. My wife has many things to do on her farms so she is not able to leave home for more than a few days at a time even though I do enjoy her while she is there with me.

My condo is not an investment, it is my security blanket and my home away from home. The extra income from the rent is nice but I get by just fine without it. The unit maintenance is 600 baht per month and that doesn't break me either. The girls in the office pay the utilities for me.

Edited by Gary

I have a nice single bedroom condo in Jomtien. My renter moved to Chiang Mai and now the unit is empty. I live upcountry so I went down and repaired the few minor things that needed repair. While there I decided to have the entire place painted. I have to say that I really enjoyed the change of pace and ended up staying for about a month. I have decided NOT to rent it again. I go down to Jomtien several times a year and was staying in hotels. Staying in my own place is so much more enjoyable. Here in Loei, we do have a cold season. It normally lasts a couple of months. I plan to stay in the condo during that cold period. My wife has many things to do on her farms so she is not able to leave home for more than a few days at a time even though I do enjoy her while she is there with me.

My condo is not an investment, it is my security blanket and my home away from home. The extra income from the rent is nice but I get by just fine without it. The unit maintenance is 600 baht per month and that doesn't break me either. The girls in the office pay the utilities for me.

Same as me just a place in Thailand you can use when you are there, its nice being able to leave all your bits and peices there once paid no rent no big issue, but you have the option to rent it out if you want.

Each to their own,

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Two weeks ago I met a former New Yorker at the Saphire Pattaya Addicts Thursday party. Over the food, I learned he owns several condos, and rents and sells. Unfortunately I've forgotten his name, but I was impressed with his soft approach. I think he posts on Pattaya Addicts with a "View Talay" banner at the tag line. He seemed to be friends with La Mouk, and rounds at the Pattaya Addicts meetings and Thursday parties. Shouldn't be too hard to find, just surf around the Pattaya Addicts site. As I discussed with him timing a buy, he appeared knowledgeable of the market, and shared many details with me.

Hope this helps.

Two weeks ago I met a former New Yorker at the Saphire Pattaya Addicts Thursday party. Over the food, I learned he owns several condos, and rents and sells. Unfortunately I've forgotten his name, but I was impressed with his soft approach. I think he posts on Pattaya Addicts with a "View Talay" banner at the tag line. He seemed to be friends with La Mouk, and rounds at the Pattaya Addicts meetings and Thursday parties. Shouldn't be too hard to find, just surf around the Pattaya Addicts site. As I discussed with him timing a buy, he appeared knowledgeable of the market, and shared many details with me.

Hope this helps.

Good info, I would like to attend the next Addicts Party (arriving from USA July 5) when and where? I too will be looking for some good deals on condos, but will rent first having lived in Patts 2 yrs and BKK 2 years (ran a propety rental biz there from 2008-2010). I am looking Soi 15, City Garden, Avenue and the Urban... please contact me for comments or info etc, have a better one, Paul, BetterThanGucci.com

• 2 weeks later...

I think that was me. Chatting over the Mexican food! Good meeting you. Thanks for the mention. :)

Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi LOUIS, did you buy a condo yet?? I have just placed 2 in park lane with the agents, one is ground floor pool facing building 3, the other is 8th floor building 2, both condos are 1 bedroom 36qm, full furiture, tv, eferything as iquanas web adverts.. THey are both about 8mth old, the agents have put them on the market for 1.5mil each, this is to help there high commission charges, i will sell at 1.3..let me know if youd like a look, be happy to show you around.. it is a great resort