Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Anyone using Western Union lately?

Any BMs using Western Union to send $ to LOS lately? I've been doing that for a while now to the GF prior to getting her visa here, and the fees seem to have jumped astronomically. I've been using the "Money in Minutes" option from their web site, and the fees had always been around $US16.95 per transaction. Today, however, it was three times that: $51.00! Strangely, I got hit with a $51 few a a couple of months ago, then back to 16.95, and now back to 51. I chatted on-line w/ one of their reps who said they've implemented some new security features, the cost of which has resulted in higher fees. OK, I can understand that, but TRIPLE??

Both of us have accounts with Kasikorn Bank, and since they have a Los Angeles branch maybe I can just make deposits for her there.

last time i used it was approx 3 months ago.

the fee was either 12 or 14$ online. the amount was less tha 100$ AUD.Sent to phils.

I think that the more you send the more you pay now? I could be wrong.

Its well known that WU is the most expensive way to send $$$.

Here in aust we can use electronic transfer overseas at banksfor 25$ for any amount.Not sure how the exchange rate mechanism works with it.

• Downvote 1

Mescalito, I have a Kasikornbank account and use their internet banking service. You can transfer money from your account to anothr K account, or another banks accounts. I pay my pattaya rent on line if I am travelling. If you use their 3 working day time delay its only about 20/30bt per trans. They have an instant transfer, for about 100bt

you can also remit moneys on specific dates, or on a regular basis using the system.

There is a small hiccup if you are not in thailand the first time you want to link her account to your accout.,the internet system will send you a code via SMS to your mobile to do this. you enter the code onto the internet screen. If you are oseas you cant get this code. This also happens later when you want to actually transfer funds to her, but if you go to see K bank they can modify this so that you get an email, not an sms, with the code on. you then input the code to the K bank screen to transfer funds.

I use Moneygram to send money to my fiancee in Phnom Penh, so much cheaper

than Western Union, only trouble is it cannot be done online.

Mescalito, I have a Kasikornbank account and use their internet banking service. You can transfer money from your account to anothr K account, or another banks accounts. I pay my pattaya rent on line if I am travelling. If you use their 3 working day time delay its only about 20/30bt per trans. They have an instant transfer, for about 100bt

you can also remit moneys on specific dates, or on a regular basis using the system.

There is a small hiccup if you are not in thailand the first time you want to link her account to your accout.,the internet system will send you a code via SMS to your mobile to do this. you enter the code onto the internet screen. If you are oseas you cant get this code. This also happens later when you want to actually transfer funds to her, but if you go to see K bank they can modify this so that you get an email, not an sms, with the code on. you then input the code to the K bank screen to transfer funds.

RE the sms part of your post. My thai sim started working in the UK about three months ago perhaps worth checking where you are

Edited by fisherman194

A couple of points. I have never seen an internet instant transfer rate over 35 baht with Kasikorn, so that is surprising to hear. I use the instant option all the time. Transferring to another Kasikorn account is free, as I recall.

Regarding the security feature, you have 2 choices...either a One Time Password (OTP) is sent to your registered mobile number via SMS (or apparently, email as you state), or you can have a PIN-2, second security code, that you enter when making a transaction.

If you set up your account for the PIN-2 feature, you don't have to deal with the SMS, but you are limited in the kinds of things you can do with the account online. For example, you cannot add a new Payee without going into the branch or sending them some paperwork, where with the OTP, you can add new Payees immediately upon providing the sent security code.

Changing from SMS to PIN-2 can be done with a phone call to their call center 0 2888 8888...I think if you want English, you call 0 2888 8800.