Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I was in Udon for Songkran in April and enjoyed my visit there. I stayed at the Irish Clock and the room was good and clean and the pub is nice.

I was however really annoyed when I read on a notice on the door that there was a 200 baht joiner fee. I asked the friendly host and he told me that a guest had lost some valuables so he had introduced a night watchman. The intention was to cover the salary of the night watchman by the joiner fee.

The joiner fee can be avoided by registering a guest before 22 and informing the guest that the ID card cannot be retrieved until 8.

I do not agree with this new policy since I am sure it is still my responsibility to protect my valuables and did not ask for a night watchman - so I will stay in Top Mansion (cheaper anyway) again next time.

Well - it was not mentioned on their homepage when I booked - they did not have the joiner fee before - no one mentioned it when I checked in and payed for my 5 day stay - but naturally I should have asked (but I also never ask when I check into Residence Garden and would be severely annoyed if I spotted any joiner fees). So I kind of had to pay if I brought back a guest. Next time I will however stay somewhere else.

Well - it was not mentioned on their homepage when I booked - they did not have the joiner fee before - no one mentioned it when I checked in and payed for my 5 day stay - but naturally I should have asked (but I also never ask when I check into Residence Garden and would be severely annoyed if I spotted any joiner fees). So I kind of had to pay if I brought back a guest. Next time I will however stay somewhere else.

Quite right Odd one, vote with your feet.

Okay, I have a lady friend out near Udon, and I have frequented the Irish Clock many times....It is a wonderful place!....I am extremely annoyed that this thread is being used to ream on that wonderful pub :banghead ...and I can already tell that idiots who have never visited Udon are going to post on this thread :banghead

Let me say categorically that the Irish Clock is a wonderful place!...This bitching about 200 baht is really out place, as are the other idiots posting this thread! :hairout

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Okay, I have a lady friend out near Udon, and I have frequented the Irish Clock many times....It is a wonderful place!....I am extremely annoyed that this thread is being used to ream on that wonderful pub :banghead ...and I can already tell that idiots who have never visited Udon are going to post on this thread :banghead

Let me say categorically that the Irish Clock is a wonderful place!...This bitching about 200 baht is really out place, as are the other idiots posting this thread! :hairout

I think from that tirade, the place must be infested by idiots, so again, we must vote with our feet.

I think from that tirade, the place must be infested by idiots, so again, we must vote with our feet.

Okay Roman Boy!...your stupid post really has my tail feathers rustled up! :banghead .....Fuck You Cisero!....you do not know jack shit about Udon, and you are idiotically writing off one of the wonderful places in that city! :banghead ....I have many happy enjoyable memories at the Irish Clock!

In the name of Gaui Seutonius Paulinus--Fuck You!

I think all of you professional complainers should be banned from the board :moon :nod

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I think all of you professional complainers should be banned from the board :moon :nod

What....... :banghead

A place intrduces a joiner fee, BMs report and discuss the fact, and you think they should be banned?

This is a monger's forum and joiner fees, after the walk of shame, are an old bugbear. Do you have any connection to this place, which by the way I have been to!

Okay, I have calmed down....sorry if i hurt anyones feelings....I am just sick and tired of "professional Hospitality Complainers".....these are people who bitch about irrelevant things and miss the overall splendor of a particular business.

I got small portions, their bacon is too dry, I had to pay this or that, that mexican restaurant has salty chips, I was charged 30 baht more for my beer, and the complaining goes on and on and on......

My point is that frivolous complainers such as what is occuring on this thread cost businesses money...one of my fondest memories of Udon was the time my lady friend and I spent at the Irish Clock....

Everyone must know the Irish Clock is a wonderful place, extremely good quality, and reasonable prices.....I recommend everyone visits the Irish Clock when in Udon Thani!....Cheers! :chogdee

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

What....... :banghead

A place intrduces a joiner fee, BMs report and discuss the fact, and you think they should be banned?

This is a monger's forum and joiner fees, after the walk of shame, are an old bugbear. Do you have any connection to this place, which by the way I have been to!

No connection what so ever....I have only been a customer...

Okay, I have calmed down....sorry if i hurt anyones feelings....I am just sick and tired of "professional Hospitality Complainers".....these are people who bitch about irrelevant things and miss the overall splendor of a particular business.

I got small portions, their bacon is too dry, I had to pay this or that, that mexican restaurant has salty chips, I was charged 30 baht more for my beer, and the complaining goes on and on and on......

My point is that frivolous complainers such as what is occuring on this thread cost businesses money...one of my fondest memories of Udon was the time my lady friend and I spent at the Irish Clock....

Everyone must know the Irish Clock is a wonderful place, extremely good quality, and reasonable prices.....I recommend everyone visits the Irish Clock when in Udon Thani!....Cheers! :chogdee

I have stayed at the irish clock with my gf da few times and realy enjoyed the place,but i wouldnt take a barfine back and contribute to the owners wages.

I don't know what to make of this yank who is so vitrioloc about somone who objects to being done unto.

I will now have to pass the word on that it is frequented by yanky morons, and to be avoided at all costs.

I am using the term yank, as the yank chose to attack my name, I mean what a cad.

I THINK WE SHOULD SEND THE PLACE TO cOVENTRY.

• Downvote 1

I don't know what to make of this yank who is so vitrioloc about somone who objects to being done unto.

I will now have to pass the word on that it is frequented by yanky morons, and to be avoided at all costs.

I am using the term yank, as the yank chose to attack my name, I mean what a cad.

I THINK WE SHOULD SEND THE PLACE TO cOVENTRY.

Okay Cisero, I apologize for my tone in responding to your posts...and I am sorry :allright ....let me explain why I was so ruffled up...in Udon there are not that many quality options for hotel or restaurant, within proximity to the main bar district...there is Irish Clock, another Hostel type place, Yellow Bird, and the four star next to Robinsons mall(centauri)....all of them have joiners fees, and Yellow bird and Centauri are much higher joiners fees as well as being more expensive....

The reason I responded to your post the way I did was because if you write off Irish Clock by voting with your feet, you will have to write off the other places as well.....and if you vote with your feet, you might as well leave Udon! :clueless

So if you complain about Irish Clock for joiners fees, without considering that it is the standard in Udon Thani, and that Irish Clock joiner fees are very small in comparison to the others....you are senslessly missing out on a quality experience as well as costing Irish Clock business and customers by your irrational posting.....

Again I apologize...btw, my idol is Gauis Seutonius Paulinus...Long Live the Glory of Rome! :chogdee

Okay Cisero, I apologize for my tone in responding to your posts...and I am sorry :allright ....let me explain why I was so ruffled up...in Udon there are not that many quality options for hotel or restaurant, within proximity to the main bar district...there is Irish Clock, another Hostel type place, Yellow Bird, and the four star next to Robinsons mall(centauri)....all of them have joiners fees, and Yellow bird and Centauri are much higher joiners fees as well as being more expensive....

The reason I responded to your post the way I did was because if you write off Irish Clock by voting with your feet, you will have to write off the other places as well.....and if you vote with your feet, you might as well leave Udon! :clueless

So if you complain about Irish Clock for joiners fees, without considering that it is the standard in Udon Thani, and that Irish Clock joiner fees are very small in comparison to the others....you are senslessly missing out on a quality experience as well as costing Irish Clock business and customers by your irrational posting.....

Again I apologize...btw, my idol is Gauis Seutonius Paulinus...Long Live the Glory of Rome! :chogdee

Apology accepted and i say long live wonderful Americans.:>)

And if in the vicinty I shall not vote with my feet but with my patronage.

ive stayed in the irish clock & the guy had just took it over,im due to go up in the next week or so

i will pass on your conserns to him see what we can do if anything on your behalf

its a very busy hotel & does great food many times he cant fit us in he that busy

but he a real nice guy & goes out he way to help IMHO

but also agree with the post that say you should take care of your own items at all times

At the DRUNKEN DUCK no body goes up to the rooms without us geting ID first & we had no reports of anything going mising TOUCH WOOD

a tip if you are not sure of a lady in your room. ask here for her ID your self & then put it in the room safe. only when you happy evrything ok give her back

TTT

I am not a "professional complainer" - in fact I said the place was OK - what I does NOT like is getting one price while booking and NO mentioning of joiner fees on the homepage of a guesthouse in a known monger street that did not have a joiner fee previously. Then AFTER having prepaid my stay being informed about a joiner fee.

I do not agree that there is no alternatives - I have stayed a couple of times at Top Mansion in the same street and while it IS lower standard than the Irish Clock it is adequate - clean and with good aircon /minibar /decent bathroom with hot and cold water and at about half the price of the Irish Clock.

It's a decent place but I wouldn't call the prices reasonable. As far as a joiners fee, that sucks.

• 1 year later...

I always stay at Top Mansion when in Udorn. Close to the bus terminal, very convenient, at least for me.

Was in the Irish Clock 2 nights ago, staff bad attitude, couldn't care less. Food was ok but don't know about the accommodation can't imagine they would charge a joiner fee as it would reduce their client base to around 10%, also considering it is more or less next door to Day Night Cplex...