Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Good optometrist....

Well... its that time of the decade again. Time to go see if my poor(ish) eyesight has gotten any worse since I last purchased glasses (2.5 years ago, give or take)...

Last time I was happy with the service I got at the optometrist in Mike Shopping Mall lower level on the beach road end (Cannot remember their name), but figured since a quick search of this section had no returns, I would ask here. Where do you all go and why?

If I recall last time I paid about 7k baht for 2 pair of very good glasses... Lacoste (not knock offs), and they have done me well over the last 2+ years... Truth be told they are still in good condition and could likely go another year or 2 if my prescription hasnt changed, but I think I am ready for a change lol. So... Where to go?

I dont want any place that pushes copies... one thing I don't (and never will) skimp on is my glasses... since I wear them 16+ hours a day and work 12 of those behind a computer... Would prefer Digital Performance eyewear if they can be found in Thailand (Glasses made for computer users - expensive, but reduces headaches after looking at computers for 12 hours lol). I used to pay $500+ back in the states... and would pay the same here if needed.

TIA

Frosty

Any particular reason why?

I mean... I am sure they have good doctors at the hospital, but they are likely not as good as the ones that do it all day every day... and checking a prescription for glasses is one of the easiest things to do... its not rocket science by any stretch... Not arguing with ya, just curious about the reason... it would seem to me that the guys that do it at the place(s) you purchase the glasses are likely just as good if not better then the ones you will find at the hospital, and in many cases likely the SAME doctor does both (I know several clinics open after 5pm that have docs working there after they finish their shift at the hospital)...

Frosty

The optometrist in Mikes mall

A friend of mine went and she made up his prescriptions picked out the frames he wanted and when he went to buy them she said we have a 50% off sale starting in two days come back then and youll get the same for 1/2 price.

She also did a test on myself and informed me i didn't need any glasses.

i was very impressed with her professionalism, my friend was very happy with the frames he got, the prescription was right however he said the lenses were a bit thin

I have found ophthalmologists do a more thorough review of the eye, as well as providing a very accurate prescription for your eyesight.

Many people get full medical check ups annually but typically your eyes aren't reviewed by an MD, so I like to see a Dr. to make sure my

eyes are in good health.

If you've had a recent medical review of your eyes, you may want to see an optometrist only. I find health care in LOS to be inexpensive

vs. what I have to pay here in The West. So I find it's value added. You may not need it, but I did it and it worked well for me.

Fair enough.

Actually its been a while since my last full checkup... last one was just after my emergency appendectomy in Nov of 2009. Maybe its time to do that again too.