Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Zico's Brazilian Bar-B-Q Beach Road Pattaya

Zico's Brazilian Restaurant Pattaya

Had the pleasure on dining at Zico’s Brazilian Bar-B-Q on Beach Road in Pattaya in front of Central Department store. The atmosphere is quite authentic having been lucky to visit Brazil twice several years ago. From the Brazilian Samba Dancing Girls to the properly presented, prepared and served variations of steaks including Rib Eye, Tender Loin, NY Cut, Pork, Chicken, Duck, Turkey, Shrimp, Fish and even Shark. The fresh salad bar is fully stocked with proper greens and Western favorites.

A Brazilian Bar-B-Q is an all you can eat format with a complete salad bar included. Those of you not familiar with a Brazilian Bar-B-Q will note that every guest at the table is given a circular disk or wooden pole (not this case) with red and green colors on each side. Turning it over to green alerts the waitress to approach you with the latest type of meat which is promptly sliced to your liking. Turning over the disk to red alerts the waitress you are taking a break. Each waitress rotates around the tables with large pieces of bar-b-q meats cut to your choice.

The price of the buffet was 900 Baht ($30) and in MHO is well worth it. You also get a complimentary Brazilian national drink known as the Caipirinha, which consists of Cachaça (Brazilian Alcohol) or Rum, crushed limes and sugar. I highly recommend this place if you are looking for something different or just a properly prepared massive Bar-B-Q with some an interesting experienced attached.

Enjoy the pictures below:

zicos-pattaya1.jpg

zicos-pattaya2.jpg

zicos-pattaya3.jpg

zicos-pattaya4.jpg

zicos-pattaya5.jpg

zicos-pattaya6.jpg

zicos-pattaya7.jpg

zicos-pattaya8.jpg

zicos-pattaya9.jpg

zicos-pattaya10.jpg

900b for dinner?...we've got guys here who hardly pay that for l/t. :clueless

Yeah and we've got plenty of guys who'd pay that for a round of drinks. So what's your point?

Why discourage people from posting? If it's not your cup of tea just move on mate.

:chogdee

It's perfect for something different and if you enjoy good quality bar-b-q. They also have great sauces. At $30, yes maybe a bit pricey but it's worth it the ambiance and change of pace IMHO.

It's perfect for something different and if you enjoy good quality bar-b-q. They also have great sauces. At $30, yes maybe a bit pricey but it's worth it the ambiance and change of pace IMHO.

As I recall, they have a special fixed price affair during the week that is at a big discount.

Yeah and we've got plenty of guys who'd pay that for a round of drinks. So what's your point?

Why discourage people from posting? If it's not your cup of tea just move on mate.

:chogdee

good luck with your new venture.

We went in May. At the time they had dinner for 400 baht at 9pm on Wensday. You could add wine for 300 baht.

They closed at 11pm and on wensday no dancers. Hell of a dinner. They give you a pair of tongs,you grab the piece of meat you want on the skewer and they slice it off for you.All the great food and wine you can drink for 2 hours was well worth it.

Jim

• 2 months later...

Hmm... Always gave this place a pass before. THink I will give it a go now.

AMazing how cheap some people can be. Back in the USA my friggin lunch was more than $30 every day, and dinner could push $75 depending on where. No problem at all paying $30 for a good (different) meal. Hell, I go to Hard Rock at least 1-2 times a month for one of their burgers... w/ onion rings and a coke, comes to 900 baht. Nothing wrong with that.

Hmm... Always gave this place a pass before. THink I will give it a go now.

AMazing how cheap some people can be. Back in the USA my friggin lunch was more than $30 every day, and dinner could push $75 depending on where. No problem at all paying $30 for a good (different) meal. Hell, I go to Hard Rock at least 1-2 times a month for one of their burgers... w/ onion rings and a coke, comes to 900 baht. Nothing wrong with that.

How long have you been living in Pattaya now?

When I was living in Bangladesh my lunch cost me next to nothing, so what?

Onion rings and coke, wish I could aspire to such culinary heights.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Caipirinha! shit went to a brazil night up surfers in QLD, woke up on the beach crying for my mummy after heap of that drink,shit i was crook for a few days,worst than a big night on the bundies,but would definately try this place on next tour,love great steak and prawns.how long the ladies been there?

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray44

How long have you been living in Pattaya now?

When I was living in Bangladesh my lunch cost me next to nothing, so what?

Onion rings and coke, wish I could aspire to such culinary heights.

Going on 4 years... and I wouldn't expect a Brit to understand about a burger, onion rings and a coke. Fish a chips, maybe :D

Sometimes you need the taste of home... not just a copy like you can get just about anywhere. Yes, the burger at HR is expensive as all hell, but its damn good. The only place I know in town to get a safe medium rare burger (Sure as hell wouldn't trust a medium rare burger from ANY Thai place).

Matter of fact, I might just go do that tonight. Sounds good. :)

Going on 4 years... and I wouldn't expect a Brit to understand about a burger, onion rings and a coke. Fish a chips, maybe :D

Sometimes you need the taste of home... not just a copy like you can get just about anywhere. Yes, the burger at HR is expensive as all hell, but its damn good. The only place I know in town to get a safe medium rare burger (Sure as hell wouldn't trust a medium rare burger from ANY Thai place).

Matter of fact, I might just go do that tonight. Sounds good. :)

I know what a burger is, pre-chewed meat, :D I lived in the USA more than 4 years.

Glad the Merlin hotel serves up such a good one.

Four years you should be over comparing prices with 'home'.... home is here now. :rolleyes:

Edited by jacko

I know what a burger is, pre-chewed meat, I lived in the USA more than 4 years.

Glad the Merlin hotel serves up such a good one.

Four years you should be over comparing prices with 'home'.... home is here now. :rolleyes:

Too true... But I still make the same money I did over there, or close enough to it, so... lol. :)

I do miss some of the tastes of home tho. Would kill for a 6 pack of hard tacos from Taco Bell... or... maybe a pan of queso from Chilis... Or hell, even a waffle house omelet and hashbrowns lol. Sure you can get a omelet over here, but they do something weird to um... much different taste. Think I'll look that up actually... might be able to make one here the same way. I think they add a bit of their waffle mix and throw it in a blender first. Simple, but effective :D

But ya, this is home now. Damn I miss foreign food lol.

Too true... But I still make the same money I did over there, or close enough to it, so... lol. :)

I do miss some of the tastes of home tho. Would kill for a 6 pack of hard tacos from Taco Bell... or... maybe a pan of queso from Chilis... Or hell, even a waffle house omelet and hashbrowns lol. Sure you can get a omelet over here, but they do something weird to um... much different taste. Think I'll look that up actually... might be able to make one here the same way. I think they add a bit of their waffle mix and throw it in a blender first. Simple, but effective :D

But ya, this is home now. Damn I miss foreign food lol.

I did like Tex-Mex while down in Texas, and the BBQ ribs etc. I think it was the Taco Bell quesadillos I was very keen on. But burgers never did much for me, a piece of prime rib was much better.

I much prefer a Thai omelette with the minced pork in it than the ones Dennys served up.

My problem with food when in the USA was there was always too much of it! And I am weak.

But seriously, 900 baht for burger and coke and onion rings. Surely one of the English pubs can serve that up for much less.

I did like Tex-Mex while down in Texas, and the BBQ ribs etc. I think it was the Taco Bell quesadillos I was very keen on. But burgers never did much for me, a piece of prime rib was much better.

I much prefer a Thai omelette with the minced pork in it than the ones Dennys served up.

My problem with food when in the USA was there was always too much of it! And I am weak.

But seriously, 900 baht for burger and coke and onion rings. Surely one of the English pubs can serve that up for much less.

Of course they can... and do. Many do. The problem is they taste like shite.

I mean, even someone who doesn't really like burgers would be able to tell a major difference just looking at them, much less tasting them. Same with the onion rings. They even LOOK better, and taste MUCH better. The coke is just coke tho lol.

Seriously... I will get photos one of these times. Of course that will mean getting a photo of the crappy burgers I dont like as well. Maybe ill have a friend order one and not tell him why LOL.

As to looks, I am not talking about presentation - I could care less about that. Its the obvious quality of the components that make the difference. Well that and how they are cooked. The best burger in the world is cooked Medium to Medium Rare, meaning its still red in the middle. The problem with that is that it is very dangerous to cook them that way if the kitchen is not kept properly clean, and not just the kitchen, but the hands of the workers. They have to make the burger patty, so one stray bit of bacteria and your sick. Even in the USA I was careful about where I ordered a Medium Rare burger - and many places just will not sell them - they have policies that require all burgers to be well done. Sucks. Takes all the flavor out of the meat.

Add on bacon and sauteed mushrooms and jack cheese... masterpiece.

And the meat they use is VERY good. Its either imported or created fresh by them - or at least from a different supplier than which supplies the local falang markets. I have bought hamburger from all of them at one time or another and never got that quality. Or maybe I'm just not that good a cook lol. Either way, its well worth it (to me) once in a while.

Smothering it with bacon, jack cheese and mushrooms (and probably ketchup), I wonder why you would need to worry about taking

flavor out of the meat.
In fact that was a comment a friend made, a USA guy was doing the honours making the food, when I was in Saudi Arabia...'so much crap on it (pickles, ketchup, onions, cheese, relish etc etc) can't taste the meat'.... :D

You would probably not notice if they left the meat out altogether.... like they do at Subway here!

Edited by jacko