Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Can't be that bad to pull girls like that!

Anyone can pull a girl with if you got the money. From what I read from this guy he is a first class asshole. This is a discussion board. So why the hostile attitude toward the originator of the thread. If you dont like the thread move on and quit being such an asshole.....

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you ask him? No.   Did you bung him a few quid? Probably not.   Why post about him here? Are you going to try and help the guy out? I doubt it.   So are you going to be a Good Samaritan or a

just an update for this obnoxious shithouse..before i read this post i was out again today and I saw the guy again, i said hello and he was very polite and retured it with a very audible german accent

I think he is more likely to be a guy that has failed in his own country due to mental health problems and Thailand is his last resort, as opposed to being taken into psychiatric care.   I have see

Posted Images

Anyone can pull a girl with if you got the money. From what I read from this guy he is a first class asshole. This is a discussion board. So why the hostile attitude toward the originator of the thread. If you dont like the thread move on and quit being such an asshole.....

It's a discussion board. I should move on if I don't like the thread. You sure you got that right :clueless

• 1 month later...

His name is Michael from a village near Hamburg in Germany. He is not bothered about the state he's gotten into and has no plans to return to the Fatherland. He does not want another flip flop or any clean clothes. The police will not detain or arrest for reasons which will become obvious once you've been in his immediate vicinity.

This guy maybe anti social in the sense that he is living in a slightly different dimension to most ordinary farangs. I guess there will be mixed feelings about him. Some will pity him and wish to help him, others will despise him for showing a bad image of a farang, some will use him as a talking point whilst others will find him offensive.

From what I have read here and on other forums, it is clear that he does not beg, steal or is a threat to anyone. It could be argued that he is a threat to himself, but he seems to have been living in Pattaya for some time now, almost certainly sleeping rough but strangely surviving, and in his own world, even happy. He could even be an eccentric millionaire for all we know.

He certainly gets a lot of attention, in the same way that Glitterman does, for being very different and he is not the image that most westerners would conjure up of a westerner living in Pattaya. If he really wanted to bathe, then he could use the sea, but if he has no fixed abode, then he has either chosen that, or he cannot afford to or no one will allow him in their hotel or guest house.

Whether he has mental health problems or not, he is obviously choosing to stay in Pattaya, as has been said, in Germany he would be looked after, and be able to receive some help an support from the state

He may well have had a nervous breakdown of some form. If no one is prepared to take him under their wing (assuming that, that is what he wants) and the local BiB are not interested, considering him to be too dirty for custody, then I guess he will remain in Pattaya for the time being. Seeing as Pattaya does not have the inequivalent of Social Services, he is not likely to be sectioned under any mental health act, any day in the future.

The main thing, is that he is not hurting anyone else, as far as we know, and its his choice, for as long as he can get away with it. What is for sure, is that I doubt any one here or in general is going to take him to their hotel or house and hose him down, and give him some fresh clothes, take him for a hair cut and offer him accommodation alright.gif

So no doubt until he either disappears or someone offers him some support (assuming that he will accept it) then he will be a regular discussion topic around Pattaya. .

Edited by Gawd Elpus
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Coincidentally when I rode through town on Sunday after the Expats meeting, I think I passed this guy, then out on second rd there was Glitterman riding his bike in full regalia looking a bit hot I might add.

The locals must think we farangs are a nutty lot.

We got a Thai version or two of the German tramp hanging around the Nong Plalai market.

Tempting to buy the German guy some new shorts before it becomes an embarrassment...:whistling:

Seen him yesterday and again today.it really is a sad sight and I would like to know the story about him, I followed him and I was convinced it was a Thai from behind until I passed him and got a better look, looks like a guy late 30,s filthy shirt on its hard to tell what colur is was originually, dirty shorts that were in shreds and just one shoe..looks like he hasn`t` washed in years, absolutely filthy from head to toe, surely this guy doesn`t` have a visa, looks like the lure of Pattaya took a heavy toll on this guy.

I breifly spoke to him during the summer and he has a distinct British accent. I'm amazed he hasnt been pickedup yet.

I breifly spoke to him during the summer and he has a distinct British accent. I'm amazed he hasnt been pickedup yet.

Well he's now got a distinct German accent.

He tried to beg a ciggarette off me yesterday, as I dont smoke he was wasting his time this was outside the soi leading to Tims Boutique hotel, he was also swigging on Chang.

Maybe he is a failed bar owner, there are many around :whistling:

He tried to beg a ciggarette off me yesterday, as I dont smoke he was wasting his time this was outside the soi leading to Tims Boutique hotel, he was also swigging on Chang.

Maybe he is a failed bar owner, there are many around :whistling:

I think there will be a few more in the not too distant future Parky

I think he is more likely to be a guy that has failed in his own country due to mental health problems and Thailand is his last resort, as opposed to being taken into psychiatric care.

I have seen a few of those types around in Pattaya for sure including those who have suffered mental breakdowns

Not so bad for those who can afford and take their medication daily, but obviously not for this guy.

Edited by Gawd Elpus
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Good morning,

Save your money. During my last visit end of July we saw this person.

He is as described above, and in pretty bad shape. The next time we saw him was a day or so later minus a sandal. While out shopping for other things we came upon a sale for sandals and bought a pair for the guy. It took a couple of days to find him close enough to he

Drunken Duck, our hotel, and his location since I did not carry the sandals out each time I went out. Got the sandals to him, he knew what they were and acknowledge the gesture. He tucked them into the things he was carrying around body and moved on. The next day we see him around noon down by Kiss restaurant remolding project still without one sandal. Where ours went is unknown.

He does look and act strangely and it is a wonder he has not been injured by he passing traffic on Second Street.

Thank you

Bobshere

100% , many go home after daft business plans its usually a drug or booze issue which gets them in the end.

At least they get social help in their Western countries.

Sadly people that cant hack it cant hack it, their location matters not.

Once more Thai dreamer with lack of funds, as you know there are a few of those

Edited by Parkwahn

100% , many go home after daft business plans its usually a drug or booze issue which gets them in the end.

At least they get social help in their Western countries.

Sadly people that cant hack it cant hack it, their location matters not.

Once more Thai dreamer with lack of funds, as you know there are a few of those

I'm pretty sure there is a subtext here, but, for the life of me, I can't decode it.

Stick to this topic or start another with these (possibly interesting) thoughts.

If this guy doesn't want help, there's very little a private individual can do for him. On this and other boards, several posters have said he has refused offers of food and clothing.

But that doesn't mean he's happy. Many homeless guys refuse all help as they struggle with their inner demons. In NYC, there was a homeless man who almost starved to death, even though he was often offered or given food. In his mind, the food was poisoned - that's why he refused it.

At some point, hard-core guys like the farang tramp become a danger to themselves or others. They may not act violently (although that does happen), but they often carry body lice or have scabies. Some suffer from respiratory infections that are very contagious. If they can't see this themselves, then some sort of authority has to step in. But in Pattaya, that won't happen until the situation gets so bad it can no longer be ignored.

Evil

:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil

I'm pretty sure there is a subtext here, but, for the life of me, I can't decode it.

Stick to this topic or start another with these (possibly interesting) thoughts.

I can thumbup.gif

No subtext Martin, I am sure you have seen Pattaya and indeed Thailand tear to bits many people, poor business skills, poor business model, drink, drugs or getting to silly with an unsuitable woman, would be interesting to see how the chap ended up as he has but I would wager its one or a few of the above.

It will resemble a few people who have been chewed up by Thailand.

He seems to have found a way out, sad to end up like that in your late 50,s but I dont suppose he will be the first or the last.

If I see the tramp today I will give him 100 baht ,tamboon if you will :thumbup

Britush guys who end up like the tramp can get social housing and benifits, without that they are in the same boat <huh

He seems to have found a way out, sad to end up like that in your late 50,s but I dont suppose he will be the first or the last.

If I see the tramp today I will give him 100 baht ,tamboon if you will :thumbup

Britush guys who end up like the tramp can get social housing and benifits, without that they are in the same boat

Not much sympathy for the British guy. He ran out of money so why did he stay on and where’s his return ticket. I thought it was a requirement for entry. :clueless

The British consul/embassy is not there to give handouts to people to stupid to realise they are running out of money and have no means of support. :angry2

When you’ve done your dough it’s time to go.

• Upvote 1

Not much sympathy for the British guy. He ran out of money so why did he stay on and where's his return ticket. I thought it was a requirement for entry. :clueless

The British consul/embassy is not there to give handouts to people to stupid to realise they are running out of money and have no means of support. :angry2

When you've done your dough it's time to go.

He seems to have rings on his fingers and a watch so he hasn't pawned them yet..

I guess his return ticket has expired... like his passport, normally 6 months validity on the passport is required.

I wonder how long he has been in the Kingdom.

Not much sympathy for the British guy. He ran out of money so why did he stay on and where's his return ticket. I thought it was a requirement for entry. :clueless

When you've done your dough it's time to go.

I wonder if his children are looking forward to dear old dadz return :whistling: ....they're probably in the process of drawing short straws to see who dad shacks up with.

his kids will probably hold a fund raising bake sale upon his arrival...with all proceeds going towards a ticket back to Thailand for daddy...:thumbup

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently the German guy did attract the attention of the Thai authorities :

Mentally Unstable German Found Walking Naked in Pattaya

But reports on other boards say he is now back again at his old haunts around Soi Bukhao - Soi Diana.

I had a conversation with the poor guy the Monday after the flooding. I saw him sitting near the corner of Soi Diana and Second Road, close to Kiss restaurant. He looked terrible - filthy, in rags and clearly malnourished, perhaps even starving. You can see it in the pictures. No body fat and very little muscle on his arms or legs, His body is eating itself. The foot without the sandal was inflamed and swollen.

Not knowing what to say, I just asked him in English, "You OK, man?" He nodded yes with a very unconcerned facial expression, then asked me if I knew of a hotel with a dinner buffet. That took me aback, but I answered without letting my jaw drop. I said I didn't, but I'd be happy to get him some take-away food at Kiss. He declined and said he wanted a buffet! He wasn't begging, but he sure was choosy. I offered him 100 baht to get food later, but he said he didn't need it.

He then started chatting to me about the flooding. He spoke grammatically correct English and his accent wasn't that heavy. To speak English at that level, he must have had education and experience in the past. I told him about how I waded through thigh-deep water to get back to my apartment the night of the floods. He seemed to enjoy the conversation and was very lucid. It could have been a casual conversation in a bar or on a baht bus.

He said he liked my shirt - I tend to wear loud print shirts - and I offered to get him one just like it. Again, he refused. I offered food and money one more time, but he repeated he didn't need it.

Like many other mentally troubled people, he obviously has stretches of relative calmness. But his inability to see the terrible shape he's in is an indication of the seriousness of his delusion. Other reports say he is combative and even violent on occasion. That's a behavior pattern that is recognizable from the U.S. Homeless guys could be friendly, even helpful one minute, then attack strangers the next.

I felt very frustrated I couldn't do more for the guy. But if he can't see that he needs help, there's not much that can be done. I was reminded of Reinhold Niebuhr's famous Serenity Prayer:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can,

And wisdom to know the difference.

In some way, the authorities have to intervene because he is a danger to himself and others. If they don't, he'll be dead in the not-too-distant future. I just hope his inner demons don't lead him to hurt anyone else.

Evil

:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil