Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 247 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Hi guys (n gals),

i visited Pattaya as part of a holiday with my wife a couple of yrs ago, thinking Pattaya was just a seaside resort.  (Oops!)

Of course i soon found it had other attractions as well  ;)

I will never forget walking thro the streets and being approached by all those gorgeous gals, but at the time all I could do was look (and dream) and be a goodie husband.

However, wifey decided 2 leave home since then and now Im thinking of going back there on my lonesome to fulfill some of my dreams!  CAN'T WAIT!! :(

but.... im a coward.

I am going to go in November but its all new 2 me, and if Im honest with myself, pretty scary!

i know that when i walk out the first night Im gona look like a virginal newbie, and I dont want 2 just be dragged into the first bar I walk past and eaten alive or relieved of my cash b4 i have even sussed the place out.

Is there a nice, respectable, quiet club or bar where I can go nervously and take my time and not be approached until Ive got pissed and plucked up the courage to approach a girl?

I know I probably sound like a nurd saying this but hell... this is wot forums r for isnt it?

Be gentle with me...

Iwan  ;D

Hi Iwan,

Your best bet is to go to the FLB and meet a few members who will show you around. Try to make one of the meetings and get introduced to the other perverts! Watch what they do and do the opposite! ;D

I'm afraid that this is going to involve walking down Walking Street and your eyes will wander and you may be tempted to pop in (or be dragged in) to a few bars as you walk towards the FLB!

I'll be there from 6th - 29th November. Pattaya 8th - 23rd November. 21 days & 12 hours to go!

Hopefully see you there, if not, have a fun and safe trip! :(

Iwan,

I can't recall any bar in Pattaya where within a few moments from the time I sat down I didn't have a BG or 2 come over and join me, unless it was during the day when the bars only have a few TG's working.  Two go-gos that I have been to where as a rule they won't come over, especially if your setting at the stage, are Happy a Go-Go and Peppermint.  

Emil

Iwan,

Read through as many messages here as you can.  Go look through old messages.  Do searches on specific topics.  Read the readers submissions at www.stickmanbangkok.com.  Get as much info as you can before going.  It will help A LOT to feel comfortable.

As others said, try to arange to meet up with a few guys when you get into town and they can help you feel at home.

Have a great trip.  Be sure to keep a journal so you can give us a trip report when (if  ;D) you get back.

-Vox

flb is great for meeting old hands with inside knowledge.also try the shamrock bar pattayaland(near walking street),the girls wont bother you,its open to the street which is full of gogos and theres always a few guys around willing to advise a newbie.Its just opposite penthouse hotel.Palmers is pretty similar and almost opposite shamrock bar.They are both run by englishmen who are friendly guys.Enjoy yourself.  

Hi Iwan,

You asked:-

"Is there a nice, respectable, quiet club or bar..."

I certainly hope not! [smiley=bonk.gif]

Seriously, you'll find Pattaya very laid back and friendly. Certainly go to FLB and meet some of the regulars who will no doubt lead you astray in all the nicest ways.

You don't say where you're from (USA, UK etc) but you can rest assured that the hangups Western society has about paying for playing don't apply in Pattaya.

You'll soon decide for yourself whether you prefer beer bars, go-gos, massage parlours or all the above for your enjoyment. Remember, spending Bt100 on a lady drink does not commit you to a lifelong relationship, but is a good way to break the ice and have a bit of fun.

ENJOY! [smiley=cheers.gif]

Brother Iwan,  Don't listen to what these guys are saying to you!  When you get into Pattaya take the baht bus to Soi6 and go into the British Bulldog.  The terribly shy and reserved staff will take loving care of your newbie arse-you can trust Uncle Jimmy on that. ;D

Have a great trip.  Jimmy

Emil how could you!, you know that in peppermint that if you sit by the stage the girls will drag IWAN up there to help with the show.

Iwan wear earplugs use tunnel vision and concentrate on where your going until you reach the FLB, meet the other members then let it all go as you go on your first prowl, have a great time and maybe I'll see you there for a beer as I'll be there in Nov.  [smiley=beer.gif]

orientaltaffy,

I've been in the Peppermint many times and I've never seen audience participation when they do their shows.  Before this latest crackdown the shows I saw were similiar to Happy's.  About 8 dancers come out and dance in short dresses without any panties on the 1st number.  2nd number they take off their tops and on the last the dresses come off.  You sure your not thinking of Polo. ???

Emil

Hi guys  ;D

Thanx 4 all your advice!

I never expected to receive so many responses, and its nice to know that Im not alone in being 'nervous'.

I feel more comfortable already  ;)

I arrive on 10th Nov.

erm... do u really want me 2 post my experiences????

Oh well... if u really want me too...

Iwan  8)

Wotcha Iwan,

The 10th hey?   I'm in Bangers from the 5th to the 9th then it's down to Pattaya.   Don't know for how long though.   ???

I first went to Pattaya when i was 20  ;)

I still remember my first night.   We thought we were going to be dragged into the first bar we came to, but it was OK.   We got talking to a Yank who knew the ropes , or so we thought,  and he filled us in.

Back in them days (early 90s)  there was no internet offering help.

What hotel are you staying at?

IWAN,

Looks to me like the infamous SF Dude will be in town when you arrive. I was fortunate enough to be led astray on my first night on the town by SF Dude, Mikey, and Mark. A great bunch of guys. But be careful, what these other guys are not telling you is that it can (and most likely will) become habit forming! I will be making my 3rd trip Dec 30th for New Years. Seriously though go to the FLB and try to hook up with some guys who are going on a prowl. But be warned you may be booking your next trip as soon as you get back home!

Jim

IWAN,

Looks to me like the infamous SF Dude will be in town when you arrive. I was fortunate enough to be led astray on my first night on the town by SF Dude, Mikey, and Mark. A great bunch of guys. But be careful, what these other guys are not telling you is that it can (and most likely will) become habit forming! I will be making my 3rd trip Dec 30th for New Years. Seriously though go to the FLB and try to hook up with some guys who are going on a prowl. But be warned you may be booking your next trip as soon as you get back home!

Jim

Hmmm... yes seems you are lucky (or perhaps unlucky), but it is true. The whole bunch (Mikey, Mark, me, and others) are going to be there. Just be warned. We are not easy on newbies.  ;D ;D ;D    Naaa, don't worry. Last time I had the pleasure to accompany a newbie together with SteveG (who will be there as well). After about 5 minutes you couldn't tell he was a newbie.

Jim's warning though is true. It is the worst (best?) addiction.

Cheers

SF dude

Hi Iwan,

Heed what jte states "habit forming" I only know one person that has been to Los and not been addicted to the place . He was on his honeymoon in Samui.

Be prepared to never be happy again upon your return to this dull country we live in .

You will just live for your next few weeks in Los . You will beg , borrow ,work another job ,sell off your grannny into slavery,just to get your next ticket back.

I'm due in to Bangkok on the 28th for 3 weeks. I've already booked another month over March and April.

Basically You sold your soul to the devil when you bought that ticket and you will shortly be entering his playground .

good luck mate.

Mark

p.s. Maybe catch you out there and have a beer . I'm trying to get to Samui for my last week but I never seem to be able to leave Pattaya after I get there.

If you just want to get a feel for the place first then try the open air bar beers first. You can generally sit, have a drink, people watch, play connect 4 or whatever. You generally don't get pressurised into buying too many lady drinks and depending on how many customers they have you may/may not be propositioned.

(Having said all that, I wandered into a small enclosed bar away from the main drag last time I was down ole Pattaya way. About one o'clock in the pm. Just wanted a drink 'cos it was damned hot. Only customer there. The only barmaid there that I could see soon came around to my side of the bar and before I could say Jack Robinson she had her hand down my strides making friends. Of course when someone's that enthusiastic you just have to get on with it and lie back and think of England.)

" You sold your soul to the devil when you bought that ticket "

You got that right, Sparkey!

Most of us farangs are woefully ill-prepared for the emotional and sensory over stimulation of LOS.  

I'll never forget the first night I showed-up at Sukumvik/Soi 4 in a taxi.  I was this innocent accountant showing up in BKK to do some work for a client and arrived in Sodom!  I had heard a few things about Thailand from friends, but it really catches you in the gut when it's in your face.  

Enjoy your trip and try to remember not everything is as it seems......

---Steve

Actually when a newbie, I found the hardest thing to do was to get rid of my first "Date" Its amazing how quickly you become "their boyfriend"  They can be harder to get rid of than a '79 Skoda - be firm, I shure you will. I was going to say, act as if you have seen it all before, and avoid the Kid in Santas Grotto look on your face, but, you won't.   I'll be there 27 Nov, if your still there. I'm the little Englishman sitting on the cumfy seats, smiling like a kid in........  ;)