Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Bar closures this weekend and next?

but ffs if somebody is worried about not having a drink from 6pm sat until 6-10pm sunday,u better go see a doctor about alcohism

It's not even that bad. If someone needs a drink this weekend, and is too Dee You Em to know how to get one for 30 hours, he needs even more help.

Thats the way to do it,some seem lost without a drink,very worrying indeed.The tourists are getting a rough deal and guys that work in the week,plus the barowners business,but ffs if somebody is worried about not having a drink from 6pm sat until 6-10pm sunday,u better go see a doctor about alcohism

I had no problem getting rancid pissed last Saturday, with some damn fine cuties as well.

For sure. Disrupting the poles could throw the whole Earth off-kilter.

Right on :clap2 - gotta be careful of the Polish

Cheers :gulp: Admiral Ken

PS In fairness, even a spell check wouldn't have helped him :allright

Sounds like this was the ideal day for a Party Boat trip. :chogdee

Well DJ we've finally got the word - NO PROBLEMS.

As long as we don't sell or serve alcohol WHILE WE ARE DOCKED AT THE PIER we are OK to go on ANY of the "dry" days. I'm not going into the whys or why nots as it varies depending on the particular reason for the ban of the day.

So, for anyone interested, we will be available on ALL dry days.

PS On rare days there are small additional restrictions. Contact me for specifics if you are planning an event.

,but ffs if somebody is worried about not having a drink from 6pm sat until 6-10pm sunday,u better go see a doctor about alcohism

It seems the police are gearing up

http://notthenation.com/2011/06/police-prepare-for-election-day-expat-sobriety-riots/

yes, i know its a satire piece , in fact the website has half a dozen good laughs in it, worth having a browse around

Edited by nus01

After 2 weeks of almost constant pissing it I don`t have any problem having my last night as a dry one, nice seafood meal followed by that new transformer 3 movie, must be in bed early, early rise for a 8am taxi to the airport :cry4:

Edited by pattaya_mad

So its dry because the expats are out of control?

How about this idea. Voting takes place from 8am until 6pm polls close everything back to normal. Votes are counted and around 10pm a winner is declared. Doesnt seem so hard does it? Or are the expats going to sway the voting by drinking beer at bars?

Crazy country

Geez, I just realized that 3 of the 8 days I'll be in Patts there will be 'unusual activity' (ie: bars closed!). I can live a few nights without public drinking (or have a few at the hotel before going out) but are there any bars that might offer food and non-alcoholic beverages and still allow a bit of mongering to take place? Of course if I hook up with a GFE (..like last time) then disregard this reply :whistling:

hahaha... too funny and I might add, clever. I just posted a reply to this thread asking if it was possible to have a 'sober night out'. I guess this article is my best answer..un intoxicated foreinger that I am .. lol.. The lady who wrote that artical has a great future in comedy!

The Pattaya Mail's got a confusing article in the July 2nd copy. Looks like next Saturday-Sunday could be dry too as 2 areas need a re-election. So, does that me 'dry' in the 2 areas, or across the board? :banghead

So its dry because the expats are out of control?

How about this idea. Voting takes place from 8am until 6pm polls close everything back to normal. Votes are counted and around 10pm a winner is declared. Doesnt seem so hard does it? Or are the expats going to sway the voting by drinking beer at bars?

Don't be such a dick. Do you think foreigners get to drink at Miami bars after closing time?

The polls open at 7am and close at 3pm by the way. And there isn't "a winner" there are 500 winners. The reason the ban continues after the polls close is specifically and exactly to put a damper on celebrations when results are announced.

And after all that, do you think expats will NOT drink beer at bars? If so, why?

The Pattaya Mail's got a confusing article in the July 2nd copy. Looks like next Saturday-Sunday could be dry too as 2 areas need a re-election. So, does that me 'dry' in the 2 areas, or across the board? banghead

Dry areas are the two constituencies where there will be voting. I don't know Pattaya well enough to know exactly where they are, you could look it up at the Election Commission website, I know I won't.

Edited by joekicker

Just checking for some party requests and remembered the website below. It outlines historical closures for certain days and looks like July 15th AND 16th, this year, are both dry days.

The weekend of the 9th and 10th have Pattaya local elections in Zones 2 and 3 but I'm damned if I can find out where Zones 2 and 3 are - any help would be appreciated.

Link to historical and future bar closures.

Edited by Admiral Ken

The weekend of the 9th and 10th have Pattaya local elections in Zones 2 and 3 but I'm damned if I can find out where Zones 2 and 3 are - any help would be appreciated.

I had my manager check this out, and tonight she tells me that the election closures do not apply to Walking Street. I don't know what zones 2 and 3 are either, but apparently south Pattaya is in neither.

I had my manager check this out, and tonight she tells me that the election closures do not apply to Walking Street. I don't know what zones 2 and 3 are either, but apparently south Pattaya is in neither.

Amazing the above is, :clueless :clueless I guess the open places will be mobbed..

Amazing the above is, :clueless :clueless I guess the open places will be mobbed..

We intend to be open based on this information. I was told the elections applied to Nongprue, whatever that comprises as a political entity.

Now, I'm just guessing on this, but I would expect all of Pattaya City to be open.

Thanks Martin,

You know you're living in Thailand when a resourcefull lady like Moulie can't find out where electoral boundaries are 3 days before an election :banghead

I love this place.

• Upvote 1