Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Forgive me if this has been done already, but I haven`t been keeping up with the board much lately.

One of my F/B mates has posted that the bars will be closed over the next four week-ends for the elections, surely he is mistaken right? My girlfriend assures me that there will be early polling for people who have applied to vote early for whatever reason, the main general election on July 3 and that will be it, one week-end, done and dusted?

Ooops, posted in wrong section, sorry MM!

Edited by The Gunslinger

Forgive me if this has been done already, but I haven`t been keeping up with the board much lately.

One of my F/B mates has posted that the bars will be closed over the next four week-ends for the elections, surely he is mistaken right? My girlfriend assures me that there will be early polling for people who have applied to vote early for whatever reason, the main general election on July 3 and that will be it, one week-end, done and dusted?

Ooops, posted in wrong section, sorry MM!

I moved the post, so that's taken care of.

Regarding closures, as usual, it's up in the air, but as shown in the ANNOUNCEMENT at the top of each forum, the prevailing understanding is that only Saturdays (June 25, July 2) will be closed for the general election.

Then, Pattaya itself has city elections on July 9 and 10, which may require a closure in Pattaya on Saturday, July 9.

Then, we have a Asarnha Bucha Day on July 15, which is a definite closure. It's on a Friday.

In the space of 20 days or so, 4 weekend days closed.

Great for tourism, eh?

I moved the post, so that's taken care of.

Regarding closures, as usual, it's up in the air, but as shown in the ANNOUNCEMENT at the top of each forum, the prevailing understanding is that only Saturdays (June 25, July 2) will be closed for the general election.

Then, Pattaya itself has city elections on July 9 and 10, which may require a closure in Pattaya on Saturday, July 9.

Then, we have a Asarnha Bucha Day on July 15, which is a definite closure. It's on a Friday.

In the space of 20 days or so, 4 weekend days closed.

Great for tourism, eh?

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Followed immediately by Wan Khao Pansa on Sat, 16 Jul - the beginning of Buddhist Lent. It's one of the four designated Buddhist "no-selling alcohol" days in the Alcohol Control Act.

"Clause 1. There shall be no person selling alcoholic beverage on Magha Puja Day, Visakha Puja Day, Asalha Puja Day, and Buddhist Lent Day."

"Clause 1. There shall be no person selling alcoholic beverage on Magha Puja Day, Visakha Puja Day, Asalha Puja Day, and Buddhist Lent Day."

Yes indeed. Note the ubiquitous transliteration problem:

Asarnha Bucha = Asalha Puja

Followed immediately by Wan Khao Pansa on Sat, 16 Jul - the beginning of Buddhist Lent. It's one of the four designated Buddhist "no-selling alcohol" days in the Alcohol Control Act.

So, out of the 21 day period from June 25 to July 16, 5 non-alcohol days. Thank buddha it's low season.

• 2 weeks later...

So, out of the 21 day period from June 25 to July 16, 5 non-alcohol days. Thank buddha it's low season.

I just received word that the 9th and 10th local election days will not affect Walking Street.