Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

big fight Haye v Klich

There was bugger all coverage of this fight here in Australia :banghead

Its proving difficult to find out much about the fight other than the fact that Klitcshko won the fight on points;

117-109......116-110

Apparently those who paid for live coverage were also disappointed as they experienced problems with the broadcast....and none could see the fight :uh-uh:

Its proving difficult to find out much about the fight other than the fact that Klitcshko won the fight on points;

There wasn't much to the fight. Wlad jabbed for most of it and was the aggressor. Haye spent most of thetime bobbing, weaving, lunging, and intentionally falling. His flopping resulted in a point dedeuctionfor Wlad. The ref made up for it by giving Wlad credit for a knockdown when Haye intentionally fell late in the fight. Overall, it was a pathetic effort by Haye and he blamed it on a broken toe.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There wasn't much to the fight. Wlad jabbed for most of it and was the aggressor. Haye spent most of thetime bobbing, weaving, lunging, and intentionally falling. His flopping resulted in a point dedeuctionfor Wlad. The ref made up for it by giving Wlad credit for a knockdown when Haye intentionally fell late in the fight. Overall, it was a pathetic effort by Haye and he blamed it on a broken toe.

Pretty much what i expected bar the falling over and I'm £225 richer. Klit on points seemed the obvious result to me.

about how i saw it as well.

The broadcaster was showing Saturday’s fight on its pay-per-view channels, costing customers an additional £14.95.

However, Sky apologised to customers who were unable to get access to the programme, saying they were have booking issues. It urged dissapointed fans to instead find their “nearest pub” to watch the action.

Several fans viewers took to the Twitter website to say they were unable to watch Klitschko’s victory. It is not clear if those who were unable to watch the fight had already paid their fee.

One fan, Rob Daly, wrote: “Just tried to order fight on box office to watch as-live, but sky is broken! Phone number didn't work as well as sky box to order #rubbish”.

Fiona Mannion said: “Sky box failed us and now watching boxing in pub in manner which resembles the coronation.”

John Staff added: “Apparently Sky have screwed up a lot of boxing PPVs?”

Sky's website said they were experiencing a "live major issue".

The broadcaster sent a message on Twitter saying: "As we are still experiencing technical difficulties with bookings, please find your nearest pub."

However pubs also appeared to experience issues. Wendy Quent wrote on Twitter: “The pub Sky Sports feed broke so loads of idiots have gone home. Not before shouting in my face "WHERE'S THE BOXING!?"

Sky could not be contacted for comment.

John Staff added: “Apparently Sky have screwed up a lot of boxing PPVs?”

Sky's website said they were experiencing a "live major issue".

The broadcaster sent a message on Twitter saying: "As we are still experiencing technical difficulties with bookings, please find your nearest pub."

However pubs also appeared to experience issues. Wendy Quent wrote on Twitter: “The pub Sky Sports feed broke so loads of idiots have gone home. Not before shouting in my face "WHERE'S THE BOXING!?"

Sky could not be contacted for comment.

We paid for it in the Rugby Club but could not get it. Ended up with about 6 keen fans huddled in the corner of the bar listening to it on radio.

Glyn.

I'm gonna be totally honest with you here......I'm glad Haye got beat, all he has done for the past 3 weeks is open his mouth and a pile of disgusting shite has came out of it. To say the things he said WAS & IS utter disrespect, and then to go on and blame his pathetic performance on a broken Toe is Bollocks, IF he has broken it then he should have called it off until a later date so it would allow it to heal, not carry on and rip of thousands if not millions of fight fans out of their well earned money.

The reality of the fight was this, he just mouthed off to much before a single punch was thrown and when the punches were, he froze, retreated back into his shell and decided to blame it on his broken digit, WANKER :wanker :wanker

Well done to Wladimir Klitschko for being an absolute Gentleman and not allowing himself to be bought down to this pretenders level :thumbup :thumbup

Edited by jamie392305

The reality of the fight was this, he just mouthed off to much before a single punch was thrown and when the punches were, he froze, retreated back into his shell and decided to blame it on his broken digit, WANKER wanker wanker

Jamie, on this board, you can tell us what you think, you don't have to hold it in.

I'd never seen Haye fight, but my impression was that this was a packaged person, created and nurtured and nursed along with the intention of one big payday. The main reason I'd never seen him fight was, who the heck did he fight? Joe Nobody, Jim Canvasback, selected opponents that could build a record. Of COURSE you can't do this unless you have SOME talent, but I always thought he was a shell, not a serious contender. I watched the whole fight Sunday and it sure didn't change my mind a bit, in fact it reinforced my opinion.

I'm gonna be totally honest with you here......I'm glad Haye got beat, all he has done for the past 3 weeks is open his mouth and a pile of disgusting shite has came out of it.

Haye has been talking smack to the Klitschko brothers for three years. Despite his weak performance, I'm impressed with the money he made. Compared to Wlad, he's not as recognized or accomplished, but through brash talking Haye managed to get a 50/50 split on a huge fight. His effort in the ring was awful, but I'm amazed by his management team. He got far more money than he deserved.

Hed to get a 50/50 split on a huge fight. His effort in the ring was awful, but I'm amazed by his management team. He got far more money than he deserved.

From a boxing perspective yes, but from a marketing perspective Haye was the name that sold the fight,

it was the sales pitch of Haye being a genuine contender that brought any interest in the fight.

Probably Klitchos biggest payday as well.

The heavyweight division has taken a big drop , wasn't too long ago the heavyweight champ was the highest paid person in sport.

From a boxing perspective yes, but from a marketing perspective Haye was the name that sold the fight,

Absolutely right. As pointed out in the other thread on this hugely important topic, Klitschko has almost no opponents that can sell a fight, and Haye can. And did.