Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Not booked yet but intend to come to Patts in September for 2 weeks .

A very lovely ex Pattaya BG who I have spent considerable time with in the past sms me recently saying she now work in a factory in Taipei and would want to keep in touch , she was so good so obviously interested .

Normally use EVA from London to BKK and the flight continues to Taipei , got some quotes for Taipei and over the fortnight only a hundred quid more than BKK so no problem cash wise .

But what I want to do is fly to Taipei on a return to London , stay for 3 days in Taipei then get the shuttle to BKK and return to London ten days later as part of my ticket .

Is this possible without huge expense ?

The cheap flights websites do not give you this option so any advice would be welcomed .

Check on visa requirements for Taiwan. I had to get my visa at the consulate in LA when I last went there for an extended stay a few years ago. I was going to work, however, so that may be the difference.

Check on visa requirements for Taiwan. I had to get my visa at the consulate in LA when I last went there for an extended stay a few years ago. I was going to work, however, so that may be the difference.

Yes

Taiwan tourist visa is not required

for citizens of United States for a stay up to 30 days.

Taiwan business visa is not required

for citizens of United States for a stay up to 30 days.

Taiwan tourist visa is not required

for citizens of United Kingdom for a stay up to 90 days.

Mates got a Taiwanese GF (living in England) all he says about his trips is that once he becomes a “tourist” and is not staying with the family all costs go crazy hotels food etc. Think Hong Kong for price point. Very expensive.

Mates got a Taiwanese GF (living in England) all he says about his trips is that once he becomes a “tourist” and is not staying with the family all costs go crazy hotels food etc. Think Hong Kong for price point. Very expensive.

Decent Holiday Inn close to where she at only £58 a night so not really a problem , only for 2-3 days .

Food is very cheap in Taiwan, and good. Hotels can be pricey if you want an international chain hotel, nothing new there.

Plenty of good clean quiet hotels frequented by Taiwanese.