Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Walking Street Daytime?

Not a NEWBIE to Pats. Have been many times, usually staying 3-4 months per trip, so can take things gradually. However, upcoming trip in OCT is only 1-month, so I must move more quickly & wisely, as I won't have so much time to lolligag.

Spend most of my evenings at WS GOGO's, but am embarrassed to say that I know little of WS activity in the AM or early PM. Only eatery I know in the area is Biergarten; what are some others?

Have booked into Jasmine Hotel for 4 weeks. This is on Soi BJ, quite far South on WS.

So, after all this Shinola I have written, I shall come to the point. How can I employ my mongering time, while awake, most productively from GOGO closing time until opening time? What are the bars that are jumping in the early AM after GOGO closing?

Have observed that WS seems dead in the late morning-early afternoon. What to do then? (Am not a sightseer or beachgoer).

Are prices for WS Freelancers much higher than those for their Beach Road counterparts?

Two things I hope about my post. (1) I hope I have not made myself tiresome with my questions (2) I hope that the replies I shall receive will be useful to other BM's.

MANY THANX! CHEERS!

Everytime I have been in WS in daylight hours it has been full of beer delivery trucks.

There are the late night discos, that go on after sunrise, then you could sleep until beer o'clock.

Try venturing outside WS. Soi 6 starts about midday.

A few places (not as glitzy) on Soi Post Office atart up in the afternoon.

Jump on a baht bus on Phratamnak, cruise into the wilds of second rd North. try the big new mall, Grand Central Festival Beach Rd ??,. lots of places to eat in there, pick up a girl walking around.

Edited by jacko

If you plan to close the gogos, and then want to go out to the late night places that stay open until sunrise that jacko mentioned, you will at some point need to sleep and eat.

There's a few good restaurants around WS that are open during the day, including the Pattaya Beer Garden and the Bunker.

Some of the WS gogos open mid-afternoon, though their schedules change frequently, but you can usually find one after 3pm. Starting there, and moving on to the gogos that open at 7pm, then the ones that open at 8pm or 8:30pm, and you're on the gogo train till closing.

I really think you need to factor in sleep time somewhere..say 9am to 4pm or something like that.

Good luck with your trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Airport Go-go opens around 5pm. Have been twice and would avoid at all costs at this time of the day.

Its the older ugly girls who will PESTER you for a drink. I left after one drink and they gave me the taped up roll of baht coins as part of the change.

Head down to LK Metro and goto Champagne if you want some afternoon go-go action.

Secrets on Soi 14 WS is open from 11am ish , aircon, free wifi (just ask a farang manager for password) , coyote dancers.

Very little hassle & bottles of Chang at 60 baht. Spent many very pleasant afternoons here browsing the ipad with a Chang and some pleasing totty dancing in front.

• 4 weeks later...

Airport Go-go opens around 5pm. Have been twice and would avoid at all costs at this time of the day.

Its the older ugly girls who will PESTER you for a drink. I left after one drink and they gave me the taped up roll of baht coins as part of the change.

Head down to LK Metro and goto Champagne if you want some afternoon go-go action.

Secrets on Soi 14 WS is open from 11am ish , aircon, free wifi (just ask a farang manager for password) , coyote dancers.

Very little hassle & bottles of Chang at 60 baht. Spent many very pleasant afternoons here browsing the ipad with a Chang and some pleasing totty dancing in front.

Ditto about Secrets for the day time. Good food also.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1