Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Flipper Lodge versus Flipper House

I am thinking of changing my accommodation for the next trip and the deals in low season at these two places look quite good. Has anyone got an opinion as to which is the better hotel and why? Also are there rooms in either place that are not up to standard?

Have stayed at flipper house in January and June

First visit was in a standard room which was ok Second visit was in a deluxe room in c wing which was very good especially at the rate of 1330 tba per night including breakfast which is on from 6am to1pm very handy after a big night The room is quite big with big bathroom and is quite at night

I'm looking to move to flipper lodge now as flipper house have discontinued the promo rate and won't move

I am thinking of changing my accommodation for the next trip and the deals in low season at these two places look quite good. Has anyone got an opinion as to which is the better hotel and why? Also are there rooms in either place that are not up to standard?

Ok T I stayed at both on my first trip a few years ago in lodge 2or3 times on soi8 and then when I go to know the place better house on soi7 Now I never stayed in the new parts of lodge or indeed if its open the new bits of house. At the time I stayed there the rooms and furniture were past the sell by date. Also the front rooms were noisy the ones that fronted onto soi8. The staff were ok one big draw back for me was the lack of an in room safe and a closing of the deposit boxes at 10pm in both places. If it location you are after there are a few others ther I have stayed in I would recommend. If its budget and you dont need a pool The Bella vista between the two sois is hard to beat, it has the similar type of room and noise! Personally I moved to soi bukaow about 2 yrs ago and have never gone back nor would I want to any of the soi's. Eastiny if you can bargain is a good hotel in soi8 and they do a reasonable buffet breakfast and evening meal. Although I have noticed that in the last year its standard of buffet has dropped greatly from a choice pov. My honest oppinion is that and I have said it before the soi's as we knew them are finnished and everything is moving back towards soi bukaow and beyond.

• 5 months later...

Can't go wrong with the Flipper Lodge....

Highest amount of repeat customers of any hotel in Pattaya.....

Why anyone would want to access their safe at reception after 22.00 hours god only knows ??

have stayed at both but prefer Lodge always stay in Standard room and while getting worn still ok for my needs.

Have to pay for internet and now breakfast for one is included - no joiner charge and check before leaving. Boxes in reception but not a problem, reception staff been there years are very good.