Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Annual 60-90 Day Travel Insurance

Hello all

Does anyone have any recommendations for reasonably priced Annual Travel insurance to cover 60 to 90 day trips to Thailand. Most policies only cover 30 days.

Thanks All

:chogdee

Edited by explorer2190

I was recommended these guys if you are from the UK and over 50.

Did a quick quote and for someone like me, over 65 with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and previous high cholesterol all covered for up to 18 month trip. Not dirt cheap but I didn't even expect to get cover.

http://www.staysure.co.uk/travelinsurance/longstay.php

Motorbikes seem to be excluded but not much else.

Edited by Severn

dont know about in the UK but in australia the major banks provide upto 90 days travel insurance free of charge on their credit cards. Might pay you to check if its the same there?

dont know about in the UK but in australia the major banks provide upto 90 days travel insurance free of charge on their credit cards. Might pay you to check if its the same there?

H.S.B.C in the U.K does World Wide travel insurance as part of their "Plus" accounts, but only for a maximum of thirty days at a time.

I was recommended these guys if you are from the UK and over 50.

Did a quick quote and for someone like me, over 65 with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and previous high cholesterol all covered for up to 18 month trip. Not dirt cheap but I didn't even expect to get cover.

http://www.staysure.co.uk/travelinsurance/longstay.php

Motorbikes seem to be excluded but not much else.

Hi Severn

Funny enough just signed up for a long stay insurance with this lot yesterday (1 year duration).

Normally never bothered about travel/health insurance but a friend of mine was hospitalised some months ago

when a drunk driver piled into him as he was trying to exit a bathbus.

The drunk driver (french as was my friend) was charged & his PP seized. A few days he left the country after having his PP returned so he could raise some money to pay my friends compensation. Needless to say he hasn't been back since,

My friend then found out his health insurance had expired a few weeks before & he had a very unpleasant stay at a basic hospital with no extras.

cheers rogero :beer :beer :beer

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your help.

I ended up using moneysupermarket .com and found a firm called Preferential Travel Insurance. Cost £60.28 for Annual Multi-trip policy covering up to 93 days per trip.

I was too old for the backpackers policies and the other policies were either too expensive or did not cover 61 days trip.

Thanks again for all your help and hope this helps other searching for the cover.

:lsmile

I ended up using moneysupermarket .com and found a firm called Preferential Travel Insurance. Cost £60.28 for Annual Multi-trip policy covering up to 93 days per trip.

I was too old for the backpackers policies and the other policies were either too expensive or did not cover 61 days trip.

Now you've got that sorted, don't forget about your home insurance (contents and buildings). It is very likely that you will have to arrange for someone to inspect your home regularly whilst you are away if you are leaving it empty.