Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

LIPPO-DOES IT GIVE YOU WINGS!!!

I have been told by a couple of my associates.that there is a drink available in LOS that goes by the name of LIPPO please excuse the spelling if incorrect.Apparently this stuff is something like 10 times the strength of RED BULL.Can any of you guys confirm this and if so what does it taste like and how much is this potent concoction?????

Gracias

JUAN

I do not know what it is chemically. If you are pissed to the moon, a few of these will put you right back on track.

Hi Balling-booze and lippo mix is not recommended.

Mr. Ion

[smiley=cheers.gif] [smiley=cheers.gif] [smiley=cheers.gif] [smiley=cheers.gif]

Lipo

Does give you a boost. Dont know whats in it, but was told its banned in the UK.

Great in the morning when you have a hangover.

Its sold in all the small shops that have cool cabinets along with similar looking stuff like 150

Wan,

Lipo is sold in the UK by the main supermarkets.  There is also a carbonated version Lipotan Vitality which is obviously marketed to compete with Red Bull.

The main differences between the two drinks are that Red Bull is glucose and caffeine based, whereas Lipo contains ginseng and royal jelly.

Tom

Wan,

Lipo is sold in the UK by the main supermarkets.  

Tom

Could someone tell me which supermarkets sell it?

Its certainly not in Sainsbury's, Tescos. Asda or Somerfields.

Great stuff.....

A Lipo soda (add soda water to Lipo) is a great non-alcoholic drink alternative at the go-gos or beer bars.  They all have the stuff.   It is a great pick me up if the booze (or jet lag) is getting to you.

I would not consider it 10 times the strength of Red Bull, but I think it does taste better.  I would consider it of equal strength.   As to cost, individual bottles go for 25 B in places like 7-11, but as mentioned above - 10 packs can be bought for 98 B in markets like Foodland.  With one Red bull costing $2.50 - $3 (100 -120 ;) here in the US, I always stock up on Lipo and bring back at least one 10 pack (usually 2).  It never lasts long enough, so soon I am planning my next trip back to the LOS ;-)

Zeus

I like the stuff as an alternative to excess alcohol if driving, but my Thai wife says it is bad for the body to drink more than one bottle a day.

Can’t find anything about that on their website though.

Mike

Many moons ago I was told by a UK Doctor whom I was travelling with that is was illegal in the UK due to its content.  He had inquired about it and found that there was some sort of banned drug or stimulant in it.

Whether it has been legalised here yet I dont know. Ive never seen it in any supermarket or even chemist and neither has my wife who would tell me if she had.

I find it great in the morning if I have a hangover ;D.

though I find the taste a little yucky

As a matter of interest I might bring some back on my next trip and ask at customs if its legal or not

Mike!

I've seen people drinking 5 or more every night, and after a few nights they really get the 'shitter'. So I assume it is not the best for the stomach....

I never had any problems with it myself, but I usually never drink more than one a day.

Tor

i have to agree with rott66.  I use lipo if I really get that brick in the pants feeling.  Ok really if you drink more than 3-4 in a 2 hour standing you will get the shits.  Plus remember what you put in your body comes out about the same way.  Drink enough of it and you will be pissing out you asshole for a day at least.  But awsome pick me up if used in a conservative manner

Rumor

I think the 'strength' mix-up is because of the difference of the LOS and European products.

They bear almost no resemblance to each other.

As I stated before, an Austrian bought the rights outside the Asia region for the original RED BULL.

The stuff we see in the UK is related, almost, only by name.

If you are pissed to the moon, a few of these will put you right back on track.

Just what Pattaya needs eh?  An antidote for beer. Great.

All they need now is an antidote for sex.  Oh hang on, they've already got one - Amazon A Go-Go.  [smiley=puke.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif] [smiley=tits.gif]

be seeing you

monkeyman

• 2 weeks later...