Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Premiership 2011-12

Winners?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Although I think Arsene Wenger is a class manager, they will not have won a trophy for seven seasons if they finish empty handed this year and I think the board will run out of patience with him in the end. That's a long time for a "big" club to go without silverware.

In theory, yet since 2006 when they had to sell Cole as they cant compete with the salaries they were always going to be a second string club, lets see of Spurs can hang onto Bale , Modric, Walker and the Dutch lad ...whose name escapes me..

I still think Wenger has done well, each year the best players have left for more money .... cant blame them but you cant sell your best players and compete at the top.

There are 9 ex Arsenal players at City, ( So I read) Platt, Viera, Toure, Clichy, Nasri, Adebayor...........

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whats all the hype about?.   If you want to see real football teams play then check out great teams like Bayern Munich or Barcelona

Blackburn can. I thought it was hilarious, coming a few minutes after Sir Alex said he just wants to hang around another three years.   .

Hi,   I think the whole culture of football in England changed with the dawn of the Premiership/Sky era. Money and agents became the dominant forces. Other teams can win sometimes but how many times

Posted Images

In theory, yet since 2006 when they had to sell Cole as they cant compete with the salaries they were always going to be a second string club, lets see of Spurs can hang onto Bale , Modric, Walker and the Dutch lad ...whose name escapes me..

I still think Wenger has done well, each year the best players have left for more money .... cant blame them but you cant sell your best players and compete at the top.

There are 9 ex Arsenal players at City, ( So I read) Platt, Viera, Toure, Clichy, Nasri, Adebayor...........

Arsenal have now become a feeder club. Their ground is one of the best in the world but it has come at a huge price and become detrimental to their future ambitions.

Arsenal have now become a feeder club. Their ground is one of the best in the world but it has come at a huge price and become detrimental to their future ambitions.

There is no such thing as a feeder club, but Man utd are in the same position they cant afford Ronaldo or most of the Man City players or Chelsea players, the ground has nothing to do with Arsenals situation they cant afford to pay the wages Man City or Chelsea can so lose their best players.

Same as Man Utd now, they are so far behind City its amazing ,,,,,,,,,,,

Man City , Barcelona and Real Madrid have the power.............

They are only 3 points behind after 22 games... not very amazing in my mind.

City have been shown how by Sunderland too. Considering what they have spent it doesn't seem good enough at the moment.

They are only 3 points behind after 22 games... not very amazing in my mind.

City have been shown how by Sunderland too. Considering what they have spent it doesn't seem good enough at the moment.

It shows the strength , look at the teams getting smashed every week at the bottom the team with the most expensive reserve team wins the league or the team with the highest wage bill.

By so far away they have Welbeck and Jones , Carrick these would not get in Citys side , Man utd cant pay Snijders wages.........

Chelsea and now City have set a new benchmark, in wages............ they will get the best players the best players make the best teams and win things its all pretty simple.

Edited by Parkwahn

Three points the last time I checked.

Three points the last time I checked.

In the money they pay the players, like Arsenal they cant afford to buy at the top of the transfer table....

They are so far behind in salaries, thats the point.

In the money they pay the players, like Arsenal they cant afford to buy at the top of the transfer table....

They are so far behind in salaries, thats the point.

I can live with that. Overinflated and obscene salaries don't buy you over a hundred years of history, three European cups, nineteen league titles and eleven FA cups, not to mention "the treble" which is something you will never see again.

Edited by Siam Sam

I can live with that. Overinflated and obscene salaries don't buy you over a hundred years of history, three European cups, nineteen league titles and eleven FA cups, not to mention "the treble" which is something you will never see again.

I wouldn't go on about 'history' too much. A bit like the 1966 crap that gets aired every 4 years.

But I have yet to see the huge performance difference between City and Utd that justifies the 'huge' salary differentials.

Alright they whupped them in the league, but Utd did a good job on them in the FA Cup.

Great to have an interesting season though.

History is just that, I am just saying City and Chelsea with the money are changing the game.

An excellent result for United last night as City lose at Everton, meaning we are now equal on points with only goal difference separating us.

An excellent result for United last night as City lose at Everton, meaning we are now equal on points with only goal difference separating us.

Hi,

An excelllent result for City at the weekend as United and Chelsea share the points. Arsenal have a great victory to give their fans some hope of a top 4 finish. City and Arsenal gain from draws by the other main players including Spurs and Liverpool. Newcastle keep in contention with a battling win against Villa. There is a distinct possibility that all 3 promoted sides will stay up this year which puts extra pressure on Wigan, Wolves and Bolton.

The big games this week:

Saturday 11th

United v Liverpool 1245

Everton v Chelsea 1500

Sunderland v Arsenal 1500

Bolton v Wigan 1500

Tottenham v Newcastle 1730

Sunday 12th

Wolves v West Brom 1330

Aston Villa v Man City 1600

United will be looking to avenge their defeat at the hands of their bitter rivals in the FA cup but should they lose and City win at Villa on Sunday then five points behind with only thirteen games left would certainly make hard work of it. I'm not panicking, I have every faith that they will do the job at home tomorrow. 2 - 0 you heard it here first. ;)

I have every faith that they will do the job at home tomorrow. 2 - 0 you heard it here first. ;)

Hi,

Close. At least you gave an opinion. Some Monday morning QB's on here at times.

Shameful day yesterday with the events at Old Trafford, an absolute disgrace that Suarez didn't shake Evra's hand after he has admitted that he did racially abuse him. The guy then has the audacity to snub him instead of remaining dignified and putting the whole affair to bed by shaking his hand. I am astounded that Kenny Daglish then tried to deny what had happened and even tried to turn it round into something else when he should have done the right thing and given his player the reproach he deserves. The grovelling apology that was issued today was a long time coming and although it does go some way to restoring some sort of semblance of dignity I feel that Liverpool have lost a lot of face here which can only be damaging for their club. Still, it's great to see everyone deservedly castigating Liverpool for their disgraceful handling of the situation and their subsequent grovelling apology.

As it was said in the papers today the club and its fans has reverted to their default setting whenever the club comes under scrutiny, with this half baked conspiracy that everyone is against them and the only way to combat that is to go on the attack themselves. Outraged by everything and ashamed of nothing. Shocking.

Edited by Siam Sam

Hi,

A good weekend for Manchester and North London. Man Utd prove too good for Liverpool and Man City win a tough away game at Villa. Arsenal and Spurs have good wins while their challengers Chelsea, Newcastle and Liverpool all lose. West Brom win the derby against Wolves which means the end for McCarthy. Wigan and Blackburn win which gives their fans hope for the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Part of North London is just sobering up after Arsenal hammer Spurs 5-2. :gulp Still little between the Manchester clubs. Giggs has been a good servant for United and grabs them a late winner against Norwich. Chelsea prove too good for Bolton but I feel some of the players are trying to get AVB sacked which is not very nice. West Brom have their best win of the season along with Fulham who beat close neighbours QPR.

Liverpool lose at home again and show that for another season they haven't got the class to compete with the big guns. Looking good in seventh place. :D Andy Carroll is turning out to be one of the worst signings in history, 35 million pounds worth of shit. Ten goals in all competitions since March 2011 is pathetic, some of the worst loan sharks in this country give a better return than that. Liverpool must have one of the most embarrassing records in the transfer market, talk about panic buying.

Liverpool lose at home again and show that for another season they haven't got the class to compete with the big guns. Looking good in seventh place. :D Andy Carroll is turning out to be one of the worst signings in history, 35 million pounds worth of shit.

Hi,

Arsenal and Man Utd have excellent away wins as Chelsea implode. Tottenham prove not up to the task against Man Utd. BTW what have you against Andy ? Seems a nice lad and it ain't his fault someone paid so much for him.

Edited by wacmedia

One of Chelsea and Arsenal is looking to be out of the Champions League next season (MU / MC / TH / +1).

Arsenal are better prepared to pay their wage bill, but Chelsea?

Another Leeds! SELL; SELL; SELL (got to get the wage bill down)

No Euro income and new regulations means that RA cannot simply pump money into the club.

My predication : Championship within 3 years for CFC if they fail to get CL qualification this year.

Hi,

Arsenal and Man Utd have excellent away wins as Chelsea implode. Tottenham prove not up to the task against Man Utd. BTW what have you against Andy ? Seems a nice lad and it ain't his fault someone paid so much for him.

I have nothing against him and everything against the team he plays for. ;) I just think he is vastly overrated just like so many people are these days, you score a few goals one season and the next thing you know some stupid club like Liverpool are paying 35 million for him. He'll be the same again next year and then they will be forced to sell him back to Newcastle at the end of that season.....

My predication : Championship within 3 years for CFC if they fail to get CL qualification this year.

Oh how I'd love to see that. How are you George? Can you remember our drunken meeting a few years back? :chogdee Hope you're doing well, I read your thread so I wish you all the best, we'll have to meet up again one time......

At long last. First I've heard of it. Can you elaborate a bit?

I hope so. That's City fucked then in that case. :thumbup

I hope so. That's City fucked then in that case. :thumbup

The money can simply be redirected to an account offshore in the name of Buster Bulldog.

The money can simply be redirected to an account offshore in the name of Buster Bulldog.

I'm not sure about the ramifications of the new directive but I have heard that clubs that don't run at a profit will not be allowed to buy as many expensive players for that reason, what you can spend in the transfer market will be in proportion to how much profit the club makes.